Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

wraith+colossus=frost wraith?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 18, 2010
ok i have noticed ice wraith and grimzilla. Something might be special about grandmaster pets. I hypothesis that when you mix to of these pets you get a mix. So can someone try this and tell me how this works. Because if so we can have some unique pets.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
Hero
May 19, 2009
Its true mixing your level 48 pets will get you a new hybrid pet.
Over on central they have a list of most of the lv 48 pet combinations.

Explorer
Nov 07, 2008
well they fixed the pet system and are working on combinations for all of the pets. They just did the grandmaster pets first. The other day i saw a lightning wildclaw. A stormzilla and a silverback wildclaw. So it will be for ALL thepets soon dont worry.

Defender
Oct 14, 2009
It's been known for a long time. This is correct. Every combo of level 48 pets could produce 2 different types of hybrid pets.

Survivor
Jan 27, 2009
GreyG wrote:
well they fixed the pet system and are working on combinations for all of the pets. They just did the grandmaster pets first. The other day i saw a lightning wildclaw. A stormzilla and a silverback wildclaw. So it will be for ALL thepets soon dont worry.

you get the silverback wildclaw from the 4 raven elders in ravenscar, they are the final bosses of grizzleheim

Defender
Nov 24, 2009
ya it has basically a 50 percent chance of getting hybrid but i want to hatch tohydras i have 30000 gold still saving but will i automatically get a hybrid if i hatch to of the same pets?

Hero
May 19, 2009
ladedum wrote:
GreyG wrote:

you get the silverback wildclaw from the 4 raven elders in ravenscar, they are the final bosses of grizzleheim

??? he said lighting wildclaw.

Survivor
Oct 07, 2008
Yep, its possible. One of my first tries hatching my wraith with my friends ancient collossus i got my Frostlord the first try. :-D

Survivor
Apr 28, 2010
This would be weird- Hatching a death wraith with the life lvl 48 pet( deaths lvl 48 pet is wraith) and getting a hybrid. That would be AWESOME. Like something like( idk what the life pet is so im geussing satyr) doomyr or satith

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
lawinner wrote:
This would be weird- Hatching a death wraith with the life lvl 48 pet( deaths lvl 48 pet is wraith) and getting a hybrid. That would be AWESOME. Like something like( idk what the life pet is so im geussing satyr) doomyr or satith

You mean Ghast or a Woodlan Hunter, yeah, I know what they look like.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Remember you have a small chance of hatching a hybrid, when you mix two of those pets that are awarded at level 48. You also have a small chance to get one of the parents but with the stats of the other parent. You have an large chance of getting a clone of one of the pets you tried to mix.

Remember it is possible to flip a coin one thousand times and get tails each and every time. It isn't likely, but it is possible. If it weren't possible then coin flips would not be 50/50.

The chances of getting a hybrid are much less than 50%. They are supposed to be rare. The high cost of breeding two pets, capable of making a hybrid, is designed to keep it rare. The cap placed on the ammount of gold you can carry also restricts how often you can try hatching a pet. You can only make so many attempts, and each attempt will be days, if not weeks, apart.

Survivor
May 02, 2009