Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why don't pet's heal spells work?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 11, 2013
1
I mean, sometimes they work but most of the time pets do not use their healing talents in battle. I think the amount of how many times a pet heals it's owner should be increased. I mean in the old days of wizard 101 they would heal you like once every five turns, granted that was a little much but now they heal way too little. I know it is not the biggest problem you guys have to fix, but it is certainly one that shouldn't go unnoticed.

Sincerely,
Toodledoo301

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
toodledoo301 on Jul 11, 2014 wrote:
I mean, sometimes they work but most of the time pets do not use their healing talents in battle. I think the amount of how many times a pet heals it's owner should be increased. I mean in the old days of wizard 101 they would heal you like once every five turns, granted that was a little much but now they heal way too little. I know it is not the biggest problem you guys have to fix, but it is certainly one that shouldn't go unnoticed.

Sincerely,
Toodledoo301
Adjustments were made to MC Spritely a while ago, it was to stop healing if you were at full health, sadly some of my pets took it as don't heal at all any more. I missed it because some times it broke dispels for my life wizard and started me on a little health boost before damage was taken, worse was in hours of game play my Forest Lord pet no longer cast Spritely at all, rendering him a useless pet for my Life wizard. Around that time I had been lucky enough to hatch with someone who had MC Fairy Friend then one with MC Unicorn. But Alas just as I was working on getting these talents into one pet.......

A few months later MC Fairy Friend was adjusted and I do not know the reason why. Some said it was because of complaints of it tying up fight time others blamed PVP. I don't believe there was an announcement like the one for MC Spirtely.

There was a huge out cry from people who put a lot of time and money into pets for this talent and it is believed it was adjusted up a bit. I believe KI may of made a slight boo boo here because a lot were very bitter about this move and took a different view on the game in general.

At and around the same time people "claimed" other healing talents such as MC Unicorn and Energizing Battery weren't working as well either. Altho I have seen this to be true on some of my pets I can't say this is the same others are seeing.

In the end, I think, KI is trying to make the game play more difficult to process due to the gamer type they are trying to or have attracted now and having pets that can keep you in every battle is not going to do that. Too many now play the game for the challenge. Seriousness abounds.

These are just my thoughts on how this has panned out for me.

Mary

Survivor
Jun 24, 2011
9
Pets do heal but it depends on if your pet is a teen,adult,ancient,epic or mega. I have a life unicorn pet that is epic. It heals me at least 2 times every battle sometimes 1 but it's still pretty good pet.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
wizardofburgers on Jul 15, 2014 wrote:
Pets do heal but it depends on if your pet is a teen,adult,ancient,epic or mega. I have a life unicorn pet that is epic. It heals me at least 2 times every battle sometimes 1 but it's still pretty good pet.
Actually, to the best of my knowledge they have not updated the pets to be more effective by the level it is - yet. I know many have asked for this but I do not think it's been in a update yet.

It would be really bad news for me since I rarely need a pet over Ancient, I only train for spell proof, unicorn and Fairy Friend. I don't PVP, farm difficult dungeons, do optional dungeons or plan on questing past end of Avalon any more, so my pets do not have to be "all that" to get me to there.

Mary

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
415
toodledoo301 on Jul 11, 2014 wrote:
I mean, sometimes they work but most of the time pets do not use their healing talents in battle. I think the amount of how many times a pet heals it's owner should be increased. I mean in the old days of wizard 101 they would heal you like once every five turns, granted that was a little much but now they heal way too little. I know it is not the biggest problem you guys have to fix, but it is certainly one that shouldn't go unnoticed.

Sincerely,
Toodledoo301
Okay here's the deal. There was a problem with some pets spamming heal spells(which is not a problem in my opinion) so they lowered the chance of your pet getting to heal. What they didn't do was make sure that the pets actually heal more than one time in a whole week of playing. (That's a little bit of an exaggeration but still...)
The thing is, in some duels, my ghost dragon spams the sprite spell. In others, she doesn't do anything. I don't think they have fully fixed the problem yet and they're working on it but they made a new problem in the process.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4116
Northlite on Jul 14, 2014 wrote:
Adjustments were made to MC Spritely a while ago, it was to stop healing if you were at full health, sadly some of my pets took it as don't heal at all any more. I missed it because some times it broke dispels for my life wizard and started me on a little health boost before damage was taken, worse was in hours of game play my Forest Lord pet no longer cast Spritely at all, rendering him a useless pet for my Life wizard. Around that time I had been lucky enough to hatch with someone who had MC Fairy Friend then one with MC Unicorn. But Alas just as I was working on getting these talents into one pet.......

A few months later MC Fairy Friend was adjusted and I do not know the reason why. Some said it was because of complaints of it tying up fight time others blamed PVP. I don't believe there was an announcement like the one for MC Spirtely.

There was a huge out cry from people who put a lot of time and money into pets for this talent and it is believed it was adjusted up a bit. I believe KI may of made a slight boo boo here because a lot were very bitter about this move and took a different view on the game in general.

At and around the same time people "claimed" other healing talents such as MC Unicorn and Energizing Battery weren't working as well either. Altho I have seen this to be true on some of my pets I can't say this is the same others are seeing.

In the end, I think, KI is trying to make the game play more difficult to process due to the gamer type they are trying to or have attracted now and having pets that can keep you in every battle is not going to do that. Too many now play the game for the challenge. Seriousness abounds.

These are just my thoughts on how this has panned out for me.

Mary
Spritely and all other healing spells still cast when you are fully healed for one. Your current health doesn't seem to have any effect on it at all. All they did was lower the rate slightly, and they still heal quite a lot unless you are fighting solo. Solo fighting has always triggered them less though just purely because they have less triggers.