Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why are some pet schools prevalent?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
Why does the game make pet finding or buying with either gold or crowns, so easy for life or death or myth? Fire and ice are next in line for ease to get, but storm pets are definitely rare. Of all the schools, storm needs help with accuracy and a pet that provides this would be of immense value. So, off to the pet shops a new storm mage goes, only to find that there are no pets he can get to help him. I don't understand the logic in this order of prevalence.

I am not even talking about really good pets with cards etc. Just a regular pet for mid level wizards down to new mages. If I am wrong and there is a storm pet one can get reasonably cheap or with fairly good chances if you consider the rare drops, let me know please.

And no, I will not play endless PVP's to get one with arena tickets nor will I spend 15,000 crowns.

Calamity Rainbow

Historian
May 28, 2009
karenstreasures wrote:
Why does the game make pet finding or buying with either gold or crowns, so easy for life or death or myth? Fire and ice are next in line for ease to get, but storm pets are definitely rare. Of all the schools, storm needs help with accuracy and a pet that provides this would be of immense value. So, off to the pet shops a new storm mage goes, only to find that there are no pets he can get to help him. I don't understand the logic in this order of prevalence.

I am not even talking about really good pets with cards etc. Just a regular pet for mid level wizards down to new mages. If I am wrong and there is a storm pet one can get reasonably cheap or with fairly good chances if you consider the rare drops, let me know please.

And no, I will not play endless PVP's to get one with arena tickets nor will I spend 15,000 crowns.

Calamity Rainbow

Well, there is Stormzilla you can get when you are level 48.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
The Spiney Fish is the answer to all your prayers! That or the Sea Dragon!

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
I was able to get a Storm Cat from Herkir on Grizzleheim, purely luck because I wasn't farming him.

It is a rare drop from him.

I would suggest trying to hatch with someone to get a storm pet.