Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why 8 pip spell for hybrids?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 13, 2011
I hatched a Crop Watcher with from a Judgement and Forest Lord hatch. (I was trying for an Astral Judge and didn't even know you could get this pet)

The Crop Watcher comes with the spell Ominous Scarecrow. This is an 8 pip death spell.

I will never be able to cast this spell, unless I purchase the Death Mastery Amulet (not worth it for one spell).

This just seems stupid to me to give a spell that neither parent pet school can cast.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Definitely. It should be 7 since neither party can ever be of the Death school.

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
I have an idea for KI, why not have a pet collar that lets the character to cast the Pet Provided spells using power pips regardless of the spell class.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
GamingDan wrote:
I hatched a Crop Watcher with from a Judgement and Forest Lord hatch. (I was trying for an Astral Judge and didn't even know you could get this pet)

The Crop Watcher comes with the spell Ominous Scarecrow. This is an 8 pip death spell.

I will never be able to cast this spell, unless I purchase the Death Mastery Amulet (not worth it for one spell).

This just seems stupid to me to give a spell that neither parent pet school can cast.

first ya can put it on a death character

second the judgement hybrids and the ones that hybrid with it have a bit of reverse hatch
so the forest lord and judgement hybrid can be astral judge or the forest lord hybrid that is the scarecrow that ya said

yea the judgement is tricky to hatch with but hey make a death character if ya dont have one so ya can use the hybrid for best results

last if ya want buy the mastery amulet for death if ya want the pet spell used

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
grvy123 wrote:
GamingDan wrote:

second the judgement hybrids and the ones that hybrid with it have a bit of reverse hatch
so the forest lord and judgement hybrid can be astral judge or the forest lord hybrid that is the scarecrow that ya said

yea the judgement is tricky to hatch with but hey make a death character if ya dont have one so ya can use the hybrid for best results

Yes, I realize I could create a death character just so that I can use this spell.... seems like a lot of work for one spell.

Yes, you can spend a lot of crowns and give up other more useful uses of your amulet just to use the one spell card ... a waste of money in my opinion.

Therefore I think that either KI should come up with a way for a none death character to use this spell OR they should not have this hybrid created when crossing a Forest Lord with a Judgement pet. Its a waste of a huge amount of gold for the hatch.

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
grvy123 wrote:
GamingDan wrote:

One more point I forgot.

I have been trying to get specific talents for my pet which are balance oriented. At least one of the talents that this hybrid will have once trained won't be useful for a Death Character.