Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

When should I get a pet?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
I'm currently a level 25 wizard in Marleybone and I'm wondering what level should I get a decent pet for healing?

Survivor
Jun 19, 2011
I would say anytime is a good time to get a good healing pet. It would be pretty useful in Big Ben, the final dungeon of Marleybone, which has two bosses at the end. However, you can get through Marleybone and MooShu without a pet if you want to wait. I'd try to have one by Dragonspyre at the latest if you are going to get one, as Dragonspyre is known for being a bit of a struggle at times, especially if you don't do side quests to level up beforehand.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
It takes a while to develop a good pet, so you might want to get started. Take it at your own speed so you don't go broke or crazy. Gardening some plants that give snacks is a good place to start.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
Thanks for the replies! I finished Marleybone without a pet. I think I'll do the Wysteria quest and get the golden piggle and try and train it. Not sure if it heals, if not I can buy a crowns shop pet.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
iPlushyxD on Mar 5, 2015 wrote:
Thanks for the replies! I finished Marleybone without a pet. I think I'll do the Wysteria quest and get the golden piggle and try and train it. Not sure if it heals, if not I can buy a crowns shop pet.
They are cute, but don't heal, so if you go that way I'd suggest training it only to adult, then hatching with a healing pet. I am happy to hatch with you if you want.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
Prince of Shadows on Mar 5, 2015 wrote:
They are cute, but don't heal, so if you go that way I'd suggest training it only to adult, then hatching with a healing pet. I am happy to hatch with you if you want.
I currently have a life beast pet I have at adult, if I could hatch with you that'd be great! When do you want to? (since it takes a day for posts to be approved)
~Vanessa Smith

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
iPlushyxD on Mar 8, 2015 wrote:
I currently have a life beast pet I have at adult, if I could hatch with you that'd be great! When do you want to? (since it takes a day for posts to be approved)
~Vanessa Smith
I can help you Wednesday, Thursday, or Saturday between 5pm and 10pm US central daylight time on Scarecrow realm. If none of those time frames work, next week is ok too. Be sure to let me know your wizard name so i know who to look for, and at what time and day.