Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What determines order in hatching kiosk?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 12, 2013
Test 1: Write down first 6 Ghultures in hatching kiosk. Open a different account (not just different wizard on same account). Same 6 pets occur at start of list.

Test2: Get on account other than my own. Find my max stat (255 250 260 260 250) triple double Ghulture (25% death attack, 17% universal resist after adding mighty jewel) that earns a fair few peppers. Find it 171st in list – first max stat triple double I come to. Get back on my account, remove it from kiosk. Close wizard 101. Restart and add it back to kiosk. Check using other account a bit later and find it is 178th in list with one max stat triple double before it. Its not first – but it is still getting some peppers because it is near the front. But importantly, removing and re-adding didn’t change its position (slight difference due to which pets are on hour cooldown).

Test 3: Hatch with an enchanted armament near the front of a list (33rd). Come back an hour later once it is re-added to kiosk. Find it still near the front of queue (50th). No penalty for being hatched with – the same pets are consistently at the front of queue.

In my opinion this system is not fair on either ‘buyers’ or ‘sellers’. Some sellers will earn lots of hatch peppers because their pets are near the front of the queue, and this doesn’t change with hatching or removing and re-adding. Other sellers with identical pets will earn no peppers at all because they are low in queue. It’s not fair on buyers because whoever gets in first during busy periods will get the good pets at the start of the queue, and others will be forced to waste time searching deeper and deeper into the queue. I searched the first 200 enchanted armaments, and only found one max stat triple double pet (fire). There would be many max stat triple doubles for all schools, but how deep do we have to search to find them?

If different buyers were offered a different random order of pets it would solve both problems. Peppers would be spread more fairly amongst identical pets, and everyone would have a chance to find a good pet near the front of their personal queues without having to waste time searching. Alternatively introduce search functionality so people can easily search for max stat triple double (or other) pets without having to scroll through hundreds or thousands of pets they don't want. Or let us easily find friends pets in hatcher (instead of all users pets) so we easily hatch with friends good pets to avoid that search time.