Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Weird coincidence, or strange design?

AuthorMessage
Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I had hatched my Storm wizard's Kraken using my third generation Sea Dragon and another person's Kraken.

I had hatched my Myth wizard's Frog using my third generation Sea Dragon and another person's Frog.

Both my pets got near perfect talents from the very first get go, and I was satisfied.

I did the same exact thing with my Fire wizard. I used the third generation Sea Dragon, and hatched it with another person's Phoenix.

Phoenix 1 (Sea Dragon + Phoenix): A. Fire Shield. B. Fire Proof.
Phoenix 2 (Sea Dragon + Phoenix 1): A. Fire Shield. B. Fire Proof.
Phoenix 3 (Phoenix 1 + Phoenix 2): A. Fire Shield. B. Fire Proof.

Now, I look at that trend, 126,000 gold later, 20,000 gold in snacks later, and about 3 weeks later, and think ... what the heck?!

Is this just a really, really weird coincidence? I can't help but continue to be in disbelief, it is just ... *lame.* Feel free to reply with some thoughts of your own, I'd be interested in hearing what you guys would have to say. Thanks.

Champion
May 03, 2011
Not a pet expert by any means, but could it have something to do with the fact that both pets are fire? You double your chance of "fire only" talents this way, I'd guess. Perhaps try your phoenix with another high-pedigree pet that's not fire, and see what transpires.