Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wait... What?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 24, 2011
So I see people on here posting stuff about training their pets to mega or ancient or some other huge level of petdom like it's no problem. HOW??? It takes me forever and a day to get one pet to adult. How do you do it?

Explorer
Apr 14, 2013
The duck of destin... on Jul 16, 2013 wrote:
So I see people on here posting stuff about training their pets to mega or ancient or some other huge level of petdom like it's no problem. HOW??? It takes me forever and a day to get one pet to adult. How do you do it?
One word-patience! I have a spirit of nature that's ancient that got very good talents. What I do is first go to your plants when you log on. Then you do quests until you level up. Then you go to pet pavillion and use all of the energy! It takes time,but it works!

Wolf Ashslinger Level 40

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Gardening is the best way to get those higher level snacks you need for your pet.

I spent many months farming for Evil Magma Peas, plus I have several Couch Potatoes, and other plants that have the rank 8-9 mega snacks.

Look for gear that has extra energy attached to it. The Baconator outfit has extra energy and can be dropped in Mooshu. Some rings and other gear also has a few extra energy. Every little bit helps.

With a bit of patience with gardening, farming for gear (or buy crown energy gear), my energy is 151, and I have 2500+ rank 9 mega snacks, and 3000+ of rank 5-8 snacks.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Here's how I did it. I logged in, tended any gardening that needed to be done, then trained my pet making sure to feed it the highest XP snack I had. Sometimes I'd buy a slew of them, other times not. The BIG trick is to pet train OR garden to fully maximize your goal. When my garden was finished, I wouldnt replant anything until my pet was maxed (and I don't max many of them - I've maybe maxed out 4 of the almost 20 I have).

Gardening and pet training require patience and balance. Good luck to you!

Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
Two words: mega snacks.

I farm for mega snacks through gardening. The seeds I use is Evil Magma Peas and Prickly Bear Cactus. I also farm Mirror Lake in Zafaria.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2010
You can start questing until you only have like one more quest to do until you level up then use all your pet energy training your pet. Go back to your quest and finish it and when you level up you will get full energy again. My wizard has 100 pet energy with my gear so when I decide to train a pet I do this and you can say that I have 200 pet energy each time I decide to train any of my pets.

Survivor
Nov 24, 2011
Thank you so much for all of your replies! I'll attempt patience, although I am the most impatient creature to ever walk the face of this earth!

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Good snacks make all the difference. If you are serious about pets, the best investment you can make is to buy and grow evil magma peas. If you don't have crowns, you can farm couch potatoes, and grow prickly bear cactus. Also, the more you train the better you get at the mini-games, so they go faster and you can get 3s and 4s every time. Best of luck!

Survivor
Feb 17, 2013
dayerider on Jul 16, 2013 wrote:
Here's how I did it. I logged in, tended any gardening that needed to be done, then trained my pet making sure to feed it the highest XP snack I had. Sometimes I'd buy a slew of them, other times not. The BIG trick is to pet train OR garden to fully maximize your goal. When my garden was finished, I wouldnt replant anything until my pet was maxed (and I don't max many of them - I've maybe maxed out 4 of the almost 20 I have).

Gardening and pet training require patience and balance. Good luck to you!
When you maxed your pet, did you receive all the talents?

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Old Forest Lord on Jul 17, 2013 wrote:
When you maxed your pet, did you receive all the talents?
no, because right now, the max level is 5 and there's 10 talents. I would LOVE it if they just opened up the next 5 levels for us and be done with it, but that's wishful thinking on my part lol