Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Trying to get a pet with a ton of healing spells

AuthorMessage
Jun 21, 2014
Ok, so i've been trying to get into advanced hatching because I really wanted my flying squirrel to learn some healing spells like spritely or fairy friend, but everytime I hatch one with other pets that have it, it always learns the same spells, and by ancient it always has a selfish talent, so then no one even wants to hatch with it anymore XD
Does anyone have some tips for how to do this properly? I've sort of just been hatching my pets with other people pets who have the talents I want, is it more complicated than that? Also, if anyone has something like this:
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=450122&d=1400295540

and would be kind enough to hatch with me, I would love you forever XD
Thanks everyone, I appreciate any help!
Kieran LifeRiver

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
kyuak on Jul 8, 2014 wrote:
Ok, so i've been trying to get into advanced hatching because I really wanted my flying squirrel to learn some healing spells like spritely or fairy friend, but everytime I hatch one with other pets that have it, it always learns the same spells, and by ancient it always has a selfish talent, so then no one even wants to hatch with it anymore XD
Does anyone have some tips for how to do this properly? I've sort of just been hatching my pets with other people pets who have the talents I want, is it more complicated than that? Also, if anyone has something like this:
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=450122&d=1400295540

and would be kind enough to hatch with me, I would love you forever XD
Thanks everyone, I appreciate any help!
Kieran LifeRiver
Pets can get complicated. They say you should start out small - find another pet with at least 2 of the talents you want manifested. Train that hatched pet to adult - if none of the talents shows that you want scrap that pet and start over. Once the pet at adult gets the wanted talent train one more level, if another talent you want shows ok if not use this pet for hatching now.

I have a few enchanted armor pets with spell proof, MC Unicorn and Fairy Friend. I would be interested in getting your squirrel if you would like to set up a hatch.

Mary

Survivor
Apr 25, 2011
My tree serpent currently has MC sprite, unicorn, and fairy. I'd be happy to hatch with you if you'd like

Survivor
Dec 15, 2011
alyssa could i hatch with you some time? i have been trying to hatch for fairy but everyone in games always rejects hatch request.