Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tournaments! Yes, Derby Tournaments!

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 31, 2009
116
Well, sort of...

Unfortunately, KI has not given us in-game tournaments (or leaderboard for that matter) like PvP has, but some of you might not be aware that there are derby tournaments held on a fan site called wizard101central.com

Currently there are 3 tournaments waiting for people to join - a 1v1 tournament for 1st Generation Adult pets, a tournament for Adult pets that is 1v3 format, and a tournament for pets brought, dropped, or themed from Grizzleheim (think Silverback Wildclaws!).

Not only are tournaments a ton of fun, but you get a chance to meet some of the very best racers in the game. And who knows, maybe you'll win and make it to the Derby Hall of Fame.

Hope to see you there!

Casp

PS. If anyone out there needs a Derby hatch with some INSANE Derby pets, just say so. A pet with 4 hurries and only stat boosts? Got a few of them. 5 hurries and stat boosts? Got one of those. Super Sap AND Mega Leech. Yup! Cost to cheer of 1 on grass? You bet...

Community Leader
Just another little sneak peak, after these tournaments fill, there will be a tournament called "Almost Perfect!"

In it, only pets with a max of ONE stat boost will be allowed. So, those epic fails that got a selfish talent at epic, it can be of some use! Come on down and have some derby fun!

~Vanessa Mythdust

Blog owner, Co-leader of Mercenaries101, derby fanatic, and much more!
Squire
Sep 07, 2011
593
Thanks for letting us know! Leaderboards for derby would be wonderful, and better prizes and tickets.

Defender
May 31, 2009
116
Gemma Luna on Jan 13, 2014 wrote:
Thanks for letting us know! Leaderboards for derby would be wonderful, and better prizes and tickets.
Ah, the leaderboard. And tournaments! What was KI thinking not giving those to Derby? If anything, In-game Derby tournaments would work much, MUCH better than PvP tournaments since there's no question that a derby match will be done quickly. In PvP tournaments you have work hard to finish the match in the allotted time, and if you don't you have to let Diego decide. What?! With a Derby match, even the WORST racers will be done in under 5 minutes!

Sigh...

But that is why we have Central tournaments - a way to challenge yourself against the very best. Of course there are always the tournaments by level - Teen / Adult / Ancient / Epic, but Vanessa and I both try to make tournaments that are also creative and fun. Right now we're also trying to make the tournaments as inclusive as we can, which is why we're intentionally trying to make tournaments that will appeal to the PvP crowd as they already have pets that will do well.

And, if anyone has a suggestion for a tournament they'd like to see, we're open to ideas!

Casp

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
156
Caspeen on Jan 10, 2014 wrote:
Well, sort of...

Unfortunately, KI has not given us in-game tournaments (or leaderboard for that matter) like PvP has, but some of you might not be aware that there are derby tournaments held on a fan site called wizard101central.com

Currently there are 3 tournaments waiting for people to join - a 1v1 tournament for 1st Generation Adult pets, a tournament for Adult pets that is 1v3 format, and a tournament for pets brought, dropped, or themed from Grizzleheim (think Silverback Wildclaws!).

Not only are tournaments a ton of fun, but you get a chance to meet some of the very best racers in the game. And who knows, maybe you'll win and make it to the Derby Hall of Fame.

Hope to see you there!

Casp

PS. If anyone out there needs a Derby hatch with some INSANE Derby pets, just say so. A pet with 4 hurries and only stat boosts? Got a few of them. 5 hurries and stat boosts? Got one of those. Super Sap AND Mega Leech. Yup! Cost to cheer of 1 on grass? You bet...
Just joined. Hurry up! Only 4 places left!

Defender
May 31, 2009
116
Great news! That pet will make an awesome first gen Adult racer.

Not sure how you got your Seraph - for the Master Of the Spiral: Marleybone (had to use a MB pet run on MB courses only) I farmed for it a few times but gave up because that dungeon is way too long to go through only to get...nothing! Congrats to you for getting one.

Now...hopefully we can find a few more racers!

Casp

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
156
Caspeen on Jan 14, 2014 wrote:
Great news! That pet will make an awesome first gen Adult racer.

Not sure how you got your Seraph - for the Master Of the Spiral: Marleybone (had to use a MB pet run on MB courses only) I farmed for it a few times but gave up because that dungeon is way too long to go through only to get...nothing! Congrats to you for getting one.

Now...hopefully we can find a few more racers!

Casp
That derby type interests me as well, but i don't have any GH pets right now. I am planning to reach the pet vendor in Khrysalis, so i can buy some wildclaws there.

Yesterday i finally hit pet warlord level. My first thing after that was to buy a crimson spectre. Trained it to teen, when musical lane manifested. I went on tilt, and bought another one. At teen it was promising as it got mega leach, but when i levelled him up to adult he got immunity which i dodnt want. The first spectre (luckily) got super charge at adult. My plan is to hatch them together to unlock better derby talents, like super hurry and spify pop. Too bad musical lane is gonna run the bloodline, but with luck its possible to avoid it. Ultimate goal is to get a spectre with super hurry + super charge (and spiffy pop or mega leech at ancient if i decide to train it further).

Defender
May 31, 2009
116
I too bought two crimsons spectres, and both not only manifested musical lane, but bananas as well. Gotta say, they CAN be great pets, but more often than not...not so much.

2500 tickets for...nothing.

However, I've hatched just North of 200 Crimson Spectres and my guess is I have the one you're looking for. Will set up a hatch soon.

Casp