Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

To Many Pet Fails

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
1
Hey guys! I'm sure many of y'all are familiar with the new pet mixing prices being lowered, and I'm happy with this, but I have farmed and farmed for gold, it made my head go CRAZY, when I get enough to mix, I go ahead and do so, eventaully it appears I recieve another helephant. This process keeps going and going and going. I'm exausted of running back and forward for gold, and then after all that farming, NO MIXED PET. Please do something about this. Something like increase the chance of someone getting a mixed pet.

Feel free to leave comments :).

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
174
It's ALWAYS a mixed pet. Talents, Derby skills and stats.
That's what the price is based on.

It isn't always a true Hybrid. Pet type is a free, occasional bonus.
The rare pets are less likely to be hatched - which is part of what makes them rare.

If you want to save on gold, it would be cheaper to create low-pedigree L48 pets and Hatch with those minis to try for a true Hybrid.

Survivor
Oct 29, 2009
17
I agree 100% i feel like if i go through the trouble farming and farming and i decide i want to mix shouldn't it be i'm paying let me get what i want? why can't we pick our pet you know? were paying the gold.. Like the helephant mixed with stormzilla.. I want burninator :( and i can't get it.. haven't seen it either.. so idk whats up with that but in the test it was SO SWEET!! and i've been obsessive since..

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
15
Hello.

I am no expert on the Pet Hatching, but I have hatched a total of 14 times, and out of those 14 times, I got 1 hatched (Mixed) pet, which was a Grimzilla (Wraith and Stormzilla mix). Out of 100%, you only have about a 25% chance of getting a mixed pet. I know this is unfair, and most defintly unreasonable, but that's how it's set up. Hope KI changes it soon!

Ashley Ghostrider
50 Storm

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
1205
If you move school only pets on characters not of that school then mix them with a grandmaster pet that your character also can not have due to the school, the only pet that you can then recieve is a hybrid.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
835
Obviously you people don't know what RARE means, no offense. If it's rare that means it is a low chance you get it. You ALWAYS get a mixed pet, they ALWAYS mix 5 derby and talents from each pet to the new one, as well as the bar caps for will and etc. Now if you want a hybrid you will have to try many times. It's all about LUCK and you people need to learn this. I have mixed a colossus 6 times and gotten no hybrid, but oh well, it's all chance. I just get my friends and farm the coven.

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
174
seasnake wrote:
If you move school only pets on characters not of that school then mix them with a grandmaster pet that your character also can not have due to the school, the only pet that you can then recieve is a hybrid.

A logical theory.
But, it's actually not true.

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
174
Glitter10266 wrote:

I am no expert on the Pet Hatching, but I have hatched a total of 14 times, and out of those 14 times, I got 1 hatched (Mixed) pet, which was a Grimzilla (Wraith and Stormzilla mix). Out of 100%, you only have about a 25% chance of getting a mixed pet. I know this is unfair, and most defintly unreasonable, but that's how it's set up. Hope KI changes it soon!

25% is quite reasonable.
There are many reasons to Hatch and a variety of goals - beyond just getting a true Hybrid.

It is crucial to the Hatching process that we are able to get each L48 pet at least 25% of the time.
Also, the rarer pet has a lesser chance to Hatch, so it's not quite 25% chance for the Hybrids.

Defender
May 29, 2009
197
bcbdla wrote:
seasnake wrote:
If you move school only pets on characters not of that school then mix them with a grandmaster pet that your character also can not have due to the school, the only pet that you can then recieve is a hybrid.

A logical theory.
But, it's actually not true.


Yes it would be nice if it worked this way, especially when you factor in that you lose the pet energy from taking the pet out of the shared bank on three different wizards in this attempt, as well.

I had my Necromancer put her wraith and my Theurgist put her satyr in the shared bank so my Sorceress could try to get a ghast. The only thing she got was a satyr that was life school only. It wouldn't have been bad even if my balance wiz would have been able to have a satyr of her own. In the end she had to put the wraith and satyr back. This caused my death and life wizards to lose their energy when they took them out of the shared bank later after the failed hatch.

SorceressMiklai

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
8
I have a few questions for all of you pet hatchers...
1. How much is it to hatch?
2. Is there an easy way to get your pet up to adult?
3. What exacly is "hatching"?


Thanks for helping just quote me with your answers!


~ Mindy Jadefinder
Level 33 Death

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
174