Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stop complaining about pet training.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
12
I see so man posts about slaps in the face and that KI should let you choose your own talents. Now listen here why that would not work, If it was so easy to get a pet like Spell Proof, Spell Defy, Fairy, Unicorn and another talent you really want pet hatching would be useless and it would simply be too easy. I have done 26 hatches with pets similar to SPUD and yesterday, I finally got a pet with double resist and unicorn. Honestly, stop complaining. Look at all the people who do have their perfect pets. If you want to just hatch once, choose your talents and be done, then that's silly. Getting the perfect pet should stay the same as it is. A lot of commitment and trial and error. If you're looking for a decent pet to start with, Try the starfish in celestia that costs 10000. It can learn both Spell proof and Spritely. Good luck :) and stop complaining.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4120
ElijahRushing on Dec 8, 2013 wrote:
I see so man posts about slaps in the face and that KI should let you choose your own talents. Now listen here why that would not work, If it was so easy to get a pet like Spell Proof, Spell Defy, Fairy, Unicorn and another talent you really want pet hatching would be useless and it would simply be too easy. I have done 26 hatches with pets similar to SPUD and yesterday, I finally got a pet with double resist and unicorn. Honestly, stop complaining. Look at all the people who do have their perfect pets. If you want to just hatch once, choose your talents and be done, then that's silly. Getting the perfect pet should stay the same as it is. A lot of commitment and trial and error. If you're looking for a decent pet to start with, Try the starfish in celestia that costs 10000. It can learn both Spell proof and Spritely. Good luck :) and stop complaining.
Thank you so much for that. I too am tired of it. I worked very hard for my pets that have 5 talents that I want and the stats to max them. If you aren't willing to put the time in to hatch and train a perfect pet, THEN DON'T. It's hard work and the reward is a great pet. Those of us that put the time into understading hatching and all the effort into carefully training and hatching our perfect pets DESERVE our rewards. I understand some people don't want to put the time into farming/gardening for snacks and all the time in gathering gold and waiting for energy... Guess what? You don't get the reward! Don't complain when your pets don't turn out perfect... try again. Close to perfect hatched with close to perfect will eventually get you perfect. Before anyone complains, they really should read up on how to hatch pets. There are many forum tutorials on central and other sites.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
seethe42 on Dec 9, 2013 wrote:
Thank you so much for that. I too am tired of it. I worked very hard for my pets that have 5 talents that I want and the stats to max them. If you aren't willing to put the time in to hatch and train a perfect pet, THEN DON'T. It's hard work and the reward is a great pet. Those of us that put the time into understading hatching and all the effort into carefully training and hatching our perfect pets DESERVE our rewards. I understand some people don't want to put the time into farming/gardening for snacks and all the time in gathering gold and waiting for energy... Guess what? You don't get the reward! Don't complain when your pets don't turn out perfect... try again. Close to perfect hatched with close to perfect will eventually get you perfect. Before anyone complains, they really should read up on how to hatch pets. There are many forum tutorials on central and other sites.
Your post brings up 2 very valid points, which are quite true of what this game has become.

Time - only those who have it to spend in the game should have the best it has to offer? I have to choose what is most important when I spend my few hours here and there in the game, it's a hard choice. Quest, garden, pet train, craft or a little of everything not really getting anything finished in a reasonable amount of time if ever.

Work - I personally never played Wizard101 for another job. I already have one in real life. I play for entertainment and fun. Maybe I have the wrong idea of what a game should be or at least what this game used to be?

In the end as more instances of chance of failure are introduced into the game the more complaining that is going to go on. Some of us value our time in the game and are disappointed when it is wasted.

Mary

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4120
Northlite on Dec 10, 2013 wrote:
Your post brings up 2 very valid points, which are quite true of what this game has become.

Time - only those who have it to spend in the game should have the best it has to offer? I have to choose what is most important when I spend my few hours here and there in the game, it's a hard choice. Quest, garden, pet train, craft or a little of everything not really getting anything finished in a reasonable amount of time if ever.

Work - I personally never played Wizard101 for another job. I already have one in real life. I play for entertainment and fun. Maybe I have the wrong idea of what a game should be or at least what this game used to be?

In the end as more instances of chance of failure are introduced into the game the more complaining that is going to go on. Some of us value our time in the game and are disappointed when it is wasted.

Mary
That's great for you and that's YOUR choice. Why do you think that other people shouldn't be rewarded for putting more effort into something though? You seem to repeatedly post that everyone should all get the same things no matter how much time or effort is put in. That's just not how life works, sorry. People who try harder get better results, it's just the facts of life. Be it a game, sport, job or school... those who work harder get more. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
seethe42 on Dec 10, 2013 wrote:
That's great for you and that's YOUR choice. Why do you think that other people shouldn't be rewarded for putting more effort into something though? You seem to repeatedly post that everyone should all get the same things no matter how much time or effort is put in. That's just not how life works, sorry. People who try harder get better results, it's just the facts of life. Be it a game, sport, job or school... those who work harder get more. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
It's called compassion young wizard and a completely non-competitive nature. I have it for the game and other players in it. You see I play the game with 2 handicapped family members - I get to see the game though different eyes then you do. I have menu chat and younger players I assist in the game also. Anyone that asks for help in the game gets it. I see the other side of this game a lot - these are the have nots helping support the game the same as you do.

Also if you will notice the posts here "are" from people who have tried repeatedly to complete something with no results, that's frustration we actually pay a game to give us. I can not see where doable in a reasonable amount of time is out of the question?

I also like YOU am entitled to my opinion on the game and can voice them on this message board. I am a wife, mother and grandmother and I play this game as a game - for fun... Beat me about the brow all you want, I am not changing my thoughts about the game.

Mary

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
241
Northlite on Dec 11, 2013 wrote:
It's called compassion young wizard and a completely non-competitive nature. I have it for the game and other players in it. You see I play the game with 2 handicapped family members - I get to see the game though different eyes then you do. I have menu chat and younger players I assist in the game also. Anyone that asks for help in the game gets it. I see the other side of this game a lot - these are the have nots helping support the game the same as you do.

Also if you will notice the posts here "are" from people who have tried repeatedly to complete something with no results, that's frustration we actually pay a game to give us. I can not see where doable in a reasonable amount of time is out of the question?

I also like YOU am entitled to my opinion on the game and can voice them on this message board. I am a wife, mother and grandmother and I play this game as a game - for fun... Beat me about the brow all you want, I am not changing my thoughts about the game.

Mary
Well said and thank you for the glimpse into what most of us don't bother to think about. The world does not revolve around us and what we want will negatively affect others along with getting others what they want. That's why these forums are so good, we can hear both sides and can then come to a balanced solution to the dilemma.
Please don't bash anyone for stating an opinion that is opposite from yours. We all have a voice and a view of the issue and we all should be able to express them without being attacked for it. Agreeing to disagree is a skill we all need to learn.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4120
Northlite on Dec 11, 2013 wrote:
It's called compassion young wizard and a completely non-competitive nature. I have it for the game and other players in it. You see I play the game with 2 handicapped family members - I get to see the game though different eyes then you do. I have menu chat and younger players I assist in the game also. Anyone that asks for help in the game gets it. I see the other side of this game a lot - these are the have nots helping support the game the same as you do.

Also if you will notice the posts here "are" from people who have tried repeatedly to complete something with no results, that's frustration we actually pay a game to give us. I can not see where doable in a reasonable amount of time is out of the question?

I also like YOU am entitled to my opinion on the game and can voice them on this message board. I am a wife, mother and grandmother and I play this game as a game - for fun... Beat me about the brow all you want, I am not changing my thoughts about the game.

Mary
I have compassion for younger wizards, and spend a large amount of time helping them along with my own children. They understand that anything worth getting will take some effort. And no I have not noticed that the posts here are people who have repeatedly tried. I see loads of posts with "I've tried 5 times and got nothing". If everything is as easy as you want it to be, it's not a reward. It also is poor game design and bad for business. Even kids know that. If they get everything in a couple tries, they quickly get bored and move on. You should know this as a parent and grandparent. I don't think things need to be impossibly hard to get, and for the most part they aren't.

This thread is about pet training though. Hatching is planned CHANCE at best. You are mixing up 10 talents from one, 10 talents from another and drawing half, then from that half you are drawing 5. The odds of getting the exact 5 you want are ALWAYS going to be slim. It's one part of the game that you cannot compare to the time issue you like to cite. Pets don't take time from gameplay really except for training a few minutes every day. It's luck of the draw for everyone no matter what level or economic or time restraints.