Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Snakes, Why Does it Always Have to be Snakes?

AuthorMessage
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Anyone else having an extremely difficult time winning at Gobbler Drop in the pet pavilion with any snake/serpent pet? I find it hard to judge the "body" of the snake for where the food is dropping. It is not the head of the snake, but rather the area directly behind it's head. Two and Four legged animals are much easier to judge.

I'm starting to not like them just as much as Indy.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
kingurz wrote:
Anyone else having an extremely difficult time winning at Gobbler Drop in the pet pavilion with any snake/serpent pet? I find it hard to judge the "body" of the snake for where the food is dropping. It is not the head of the snake, but rather the area directly behind it's head. Two and Four legged animals are much easier to judge.

I always line up the pet shadow with the shadow of the drop. That tends to work for me.

Hannah Lifebringer level 60 Life

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
superluther wrote:
kingurz wrote:

I always line up the pet shadow with the shadow of the drop. That tends to work for me.

Hannah Lifebringer level 60 Life

Agreed, try to work around the flaw in the graphics and make use of the shadow. Also jump under the food coming down and wiggle left and right. You can catch the food easier.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Thanks for the tips! I had shadows turned off on my settings and putting them back on is a world of difference. Try doing the Gobbler Drop with shadows off and with a serpent, that ranks right up there with Waterworks solo in terms of difficulty!!