Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

request for xp gain for Derby

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 03, 2008
8
I'm not sure if this request has allready been mentioned or not, so i figure i will make a new post on it.

REQUEST:
add pet xp gain to derby racing.

REASON:
The reason for this request, is because some people really dislike the mini-games, after 200-300 of them, they just get plain boring. Being forced to do the mini-games to level up your pet is a bit anoying, and honestly, even after only 2 days of working on my pet, i personally am geting very tired of mini-games and I really don't feel like doing anything involving this new pet system. Others on the forum have posted there frustration as well, and it's only 2 days into the new pet system, what will happen after 1 week? 1 month? etc? Noone will be interested, as the mini-games are fun at first, but it takes to many to level up your pet, and it becomes tiresome.

FOR BALANCED GAMEPLAY:
I reallize that there has to be balance in the game, so here is what i propose.
Option 1 : add XP only to practice races, and not to ranked races, to keep the code simple as that makes it an easy addition to the game. This way practice races, are truly practice, and practice = training, so you gain xp, it only makes since.
Option 2 : add a selectable option to gain either xp OR tickets from ranked missions, meaning that when you do a ranked race, you will gain the following ..
first place = 3 tickets or 6xp
second place = 2 tickets or 4xp
third place = 1 ticket or 2xp
forth place = 0 tickets or 1xp
(numbers are just a idea, xp would need to be "tweaked" as people have stated in replays to this post)

Option 3 (added to list on 5/28/2010) :add in ability to feed your pet after a racing, having the same or similar effect as feeding your pet after training him.

Option 4 (added to list on 5/28/2010) : adding in +XP gain pet training items into the crown shop. Now I know some people will frown upon this, but this option is to show that us gamers are willing to provide in return, as long as we are listened to and heard on the ideas we have. Add in a few options that are more fun to do then mini-games, and still gain XP/stats for pets, and I'm sure that there are players that would purchase a 1-2 hr potion that gives added xp/stats for your pet. just look at your +XP gain for char's, I'm sure you have people buying those, they would surly buy +xp/stat gain pet potions.

All of these options would give the option for players that don't really enjoy mini-games to still have a method of gaining xp and working on there pet, while still having fun.
As a business consultant, I will tell you, having more options to level up your pet is a must as alot of people enjoy little mini-games, but only for a short time. There needs to be a more long-term method, that doesn't seem overly anoying.

any feedback on this is welcome, please post your feedback if this is good or bad idea.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
962
Temil2005 wrote:
I'm not sure if this request has allready been mentioned or not, so i figure i will make a new post on it.

REQUEST:
add pet xp gain to derby racing.

REASON:
The reason for this request, is because some people really dislike the mini-games, after 200-300 of them, they just get plain boring. Being forced to do the mini-games to level up your pet is a bit anoying, and honestly, even after only 2 days of working on my pet, i personally am geting very tired of mini-games and I really don't feel like doing anything involving this new pet system. Others on the forum have posted there frustration as well, and it's only 2 days into the new pet system, what will happen after 1 week? 1 month? etc? Noone will be interested, as the mini-games are fun at first, but it takes to many to level up your pet, and it becomes tiresome.

FOR BALANCED GAMEPLAY:
I reallize that there has to be balance in the game, so here is what i propose.
Option 1 : add XP only to practice races, and not to ranked races, to keep the code simple as that makes it an easy addition to the game. This way practice races, are truly practice, and practice = training, so you gain xp, it only makes since.
Option 2 : add a selectable option to gain either xp OR tickets from ranked missions, meaning that when you do a ranked race, you will gain the following ..
first place = 3 tickets or 6xp
second place = 2 tickets or 4xp
third place = 1 ticket or 2xp
forth place = 0 tickets or 1xp

Both of these options would give the option for players that don't really enjoy mini-games to still have a method of gaining xp and working on there pet, while still having fun.
As a business consultant, I will tell you, having more options to level up your pet is a must as alot of people enjoy little mini-games, but only for a short time. There needs to be a more long-term method, that doesn't seem overly anoying.

any feedback on this is welcome, please post your feedback if this is good or bad idea.


I somewhat agree with you on this, option 1 for practice races will never happen though. Option 2 though may work with some tweaking on the exp thing.

Survivor
Dec 03, 2008
8
Angelocean wrote:
Temil2005 wrote:
I'm not sure if this request has allready been mentioned or not, so i figure i will make a new post on it.

REQUEST:
add pet xp gain to derby racing.

REASON:
The reason for this request, is because some people really dislike the mini-games, after 200-300 of them, they just get plain boring. Being forced to do the mini-games to level up your pet is a bit anoying, and honestly, even after only 2 days of working on my pet, i personally am geting very tired of mini-games and I really don't feel like doing anything involving this new pet system. Others on the forum have posted there frustration as well, and it's only 2 days into the new pet system, what will happen after 1 week? 1 month? etc? Noone will be interested, as the mini-games are fun at first, but it takes to many to level up your pet, and it becomes tiresome.

FOR BALANCED GAMEPLAY:
I reallize that there has to be balance in the game, so here is what i propose.
Option 1 : add XP only to practice races, and not to ranked races, to keep the code simple as that makes it an easy addition to the game. This way practice races, are truly practice, and practice = training, so you gain xp, it only makes since.
Option 2 : add a selectable option to gain either xp OR tickets from ranked missions, meaning that when you do a ranked race, you will gain the following ..
first place = 3 tickets or 6xp
second place = 2 tickets or 4xp
third place = 1 ticket or 2xp
forth place = 0 tickets or 1xp

Both of these options would give the option for players that don't really enjoy mini-games to still have a method of gaining xp and working on there pet, while still having fun.
As a business consultant, I will tell you, having more options to level up your pet is a must as alot of people enjoy little mini-games, but only for a short time. There needs to be a more long-term method, that doesn't seem overly anoying.

any feedback on this is welcome, please post your feedback if this is good or bad idea.


I somewhat agree with you on this, option 1 for practice races will never happen though. Option 2 though may work with some tweaking on the exp thing.

so, what about the option 1 do you say is not doable, or that will never happen exactly? I mean, doing a practice match, is just that.. PRACTICE. When you are practicing something with your pet, should your pet not learn a little, since it is practice?

In real-life, if you are a BMX rider, or a race-care drivers, and you are going around the track to Practice, are you not also gaining experiance with racing, driving, etc? I know this is just a game, but if they tried to ever put any kind of real-life components into it, you would say that practicing should gain xp as well. Please let me know what about it you are saying it's ever going to happen.. if you are saying it's due to maybe the code structure, or the concept, or what?

Survivor
Apr 08, 2010
7
I haven't even got my pet to adult yet (still teen), and I'm already sick of the pet mini-games and so is my son (age 10). The idea of doing them over and over, another umpteen billion times makes me want to puke. Heck, I even hate playing the regular mini games and avoid them like the plague... unless I am in desperate need of potions and health quickly.

The idea of advance pets is good and the idea of them helping out and pitching in during battles is great. We even like the derby! I think it adds another interesting dynamic to the core game play. And that is key for me because we (myself and my son) play wizard101 because we like the premise of the core game play. We enjoy working as a team and coordinating our attacks strategically, to make the most of every spell we cast. Most importantly, we like playing TOGETHER.

So, I agree. They seriously need to add in additional methods of leveling pets. If I wanted to play some cheesy web-based-internet-knock-off game for five minutes at a time... all by myself, I'd go to Yahoo or someplace else that offers these types of games for free. I pay a monthly fee, so that my son and I can play something TOGETHER (that doesn't require hours of mindless, bloody, hacking and slashing of mobs with a sword).

KI, please add in additional methods to level pets that can be done in a multi-player environment.

Thank you!

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
4
Yes this is a great idea! I like option: 2 but like the guy above said, "Tweaking with the xp a bit." I like that idea too.

Defender
Feb 06, 2010
118
Sounds good to me, but honestly i dont like the new advanced pet system, and one is reason is that ever since they added the update, i cant seem to log on to w101 AT ALL, which is very frustrating. I also just dont have the time to play mini-games over and over, and the pet derby gets boring after one race, so yeah. But its not like i can play the game anyway until the problem is fixed.......... there goes my subscription... sigh.

Survivor
Apr 07, 2010
4
Even another possibility... Let us give the pet a snack after each derby race. Practice or Competition. Thoughts?!?

Survivor
Dec 03, 2008
8
LadyMuse wrote:

I haven't even got my pet to adult yet (still teen), and I'm already sick of the pet mini-games and so is my son (age 10). The idea of doing them over and over, another umpteen billion times makes me want to puke. Heck, I even hate playing the regular mini games and avoid them like the plague... unless I am in desperate need of potions and health quickly.

The idea of advance pets is good and the idea of them helping out and pitching in during battles is great. We even like the derby! I think it adds another interesting dynamic to the core game play. And that is key for me because we (myself and my son) play wizard101 because we like the premise of the core game play. We enjoy working as a team and coordinating our attacks strategically, to make the most of every spell we cast. Most importantly, we like playing TOGETHER.

So, I agree. They seriously need to add in additional methods of leveling pets. If I wanted to play some cheesy web-based-internet-knock-off game for five minutes at a time... all by myself, I'd go to Yahoo or someplace else that offers these types of games for free. I pay a monthly fee, so that my son and I can play something TOGETHER (that doesn't require hours of mindless, bloody, hacking and slashing of mobs with a sword).

KI, please add in additional methods to level pets that can be done in a multi-player environment.

Thank you!


I fully agree with you, and feel your pain. I have 3 total subscriptions with my family, and even the purchasing of crowns is a must for me, as the reason I picked up 2 of the $60 deals going on. I fully feel that as we are playing a COOP games, (aka: mmorpg, mmo, mpog, etc) major features like this pet hybrids, etc should all be coop. granted, KI got the coop for pet combining down pat, but the coop method of training your pet is just non-existent. I really like how you put in there about the ""cheesy web-based-internet-knock-off game"". Now, KI we are not saying that your additions are cheesy or anything, but seriously.. please listen to your subscribers and paying customers and give us more options to work on our pets so we can truly experiment with them, without questioning why we even play the game you provide, because honestly that is what this will end up being is a lose in customers. Players that truly want to get there pet up, will work very hard to do so, and in the end they will question why they even pay for the subscriptions.

The options we are providing or asking for, are NOT crown based. Please don't try to accommodate us with any sort of crown based method, as we should have more options automatically and not be forced into mini-games all alone, by our-selfs. Granted, if you add in options for +xp gain for pet training, to your crown shop, I'm sure people will buy them, but please don't give that as an only additional option.



------------------------------------------------
GamingFan wrote:
Even another possibility... Let us give the pet a snack after each derby race. Practice or Competition. Thoughts?!?


hmm, so you are saying...
Option 3 : add in ability to feed pets after races. This would give them the added xp and stats just like the feeding them in mini-games would do? ** I agree with this also, just not sure if it's enough really. I mean, yea the idea would give us the option to gain xp/stats for our pets but the gain is so minimal from feed. Maybe I'm just saying that because the highest feed I'm getting currently is rank 4, and that gives 4-6 xp each time using it. But i do feel this is still a viable option as well as it gets the gamers (the ones that PAY for there subscription, pay for crowns, etc) away from those mini-games that allot of people are complaining about. Good idea, and good job.

Lets keep the ideas flowing, will update first post to give option list for KI devs to see easily.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
66
I like the idea of having other options for pet XP. I calculated that at 4 xp per (perfect) game, it would take me roughly 60-odd games to get my satyr from teen to adult. I imagine it goes progressively slower from adult to epic and from epic to ancient. That's a whole lotta games, and I'm already fed up with them. The dancing game and the "catch the falling veggie" game are too difficult for me. The cannon game isn't working at the moment. So the only thing left is the maze game, and while it's easy enough to get a perfect score each time I'm really tired of it.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
962
Temil2005 wrote:
Angelocean wrote:
Temil2005 wrote:
I'm not sure if this request has allready been mentioned or not, so i figure i will make a new post on it.

REQUEST:
add pet xp gain to derby racing.

REASON:
The reason for this request, is because some people really dislike the mini-games, after 200-300 of them, they just get plain boring. Being forced to do the mini-games to level up your pet is a bit anoying, and honestly, even after only 2 days of working on my pet, i personally am geting very tired of mini-games and I really don't feel like doing anything involving this new pet system. Others on the forum have posted there frustration as well, and it's only 2 days into the new pet system, what will happen after 1 week? 1 month? etc? Noone will be interested, as the mini-games are fun at first, but it takes to many to level up your pet, and it becomes tiresome.

FOR BALANCED GAMEPLAY:
I reallize that there has to be balance in the game, so here is what i propose.
Option 1 : add XP only to practice races, and not to ranked races, to keep the code simple as that makes it an easy addition to the game. This way practice races, are truly practice, and practice = training, so you gain xp, it only makes since.
Option 2 : add a selectable option to gain either xp OR tickets from ranked missions, meaning that when you do a ranked race, you will gain the following ..
first place = 3 tickets or 6xp
second place = 2 tickets or 4xp
third place = 1 ticket or 2xp
forth place = 0 tickets or 1xp

Both of these options would give the option for players that don't really enjoy mini-games to still have a method of gaining xp and working on there pet, while still having fun.
As a business consultant, I will tell you, having more options to level up your pet is a must as alot of people enjoy little mini-games, but only for a short time. There needs to be a more long-term method, that doesn't seem overly anoying.

any feedback on this is welcome, please post your feedback if this is good or bad idea.


I somewhat agree with you on this, option 1 for practice races will never happen though. Option 2 though may work with some tweaking on the exp thing.

so, what about the option 1 do you say is not doable, or that will never happen exactly? I mean, doing a practice match, is just that.. PRACTICE. When you are practicing something with your pet, should your pet not learn a little, since it is practice?

In real-life, if you are a BMX rider, or a race-care drivers, and you are going around the track to Practice, are you not also gaining experiance with racing, driving, etc? I know this is just a game, but if they tried to ever put any kind of real-life components into it, you would say that practicing should gain xp as well. Please let me know what about it you are saying it's ever going to happen.. if you are saying it's due to maybe the code structure, or the concept, or what?


The reason it's practice is cause if you win or lose, nothing happens so you don't get that last place star on your info sheet, you don't lose rank, and you dont lower that number of yours, however, you don't gain rank, gain number, or gain another win.

Hero
May 19, 2009
791
I have a request for more pet mini games, if people are going to be training there pets for hours upon hours there going to get sick of the 4 mini games you have. You should at least add 4 more to keep things entertaining.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
962
GamingFan wrote:
Even another possibility... Let us give the pet a snack after each derby race. Practice or Competition. Thoughts?!?


Actually, I like this idea best.

Survivor
Dec 03, 2008
8
Angelocean wrote:

The reason it's practice is cause if you win or lose, nothing happens so you don't get that last place star on your info sheet, you don't lose rank, and you dont lower that number of yours, however, you don't gain rank, gain number, or gain another win.


You are correct, practice is to practice, just that. Nothing more, and nothing less. You don't gain ranks, gain numbers, etc. but now, let me ask something in return ...
If you do any of the following...
"drive a car around a track"
"ride a horse in an open field"
"fly a model airplane"
"play an MMO"
"throw a ball back and forth"

do you gain items? money? cash? gold? rank? fame? No, you don't.
But the one thing you DO gain is skill, and training.
driving a car around a track -- you get xp with how to control a car better
riding a horse in open field -- you get more skill/xp at riding a horse
flying a model airplane -- you get xp at with hand/eye coordination
playing an MMO -- you get more xp at PC based games in general
throw a ball -- you get more xp at how to best throw a ball around
((xp = experience, to make it sound better)

you ask a race care driver, a horse rider, a model air-plane flier, a PC gamer, or a baseball player .. How did you train and learn to do those things?! .. will they answer with "I played mini-games".. NOPE!

I understand if you don't like the idea for some reason of not gaining xp while practicing, that's what i want to hear, ideas and all. But I hope you understand, by trying to say that practice isn't a form of gaining experiance, well, then simply read above a few more times so you understand where my mindset is

Defender
May 02, 2010
110
Something I would suggest is raise the amount of experience your pet gets each stage it levels up to. Say raise the max to gaining 6 EXP instead of 4 when in Teen stage. Gain 8 EXP in Adult, 10 in Ancient, and 15 in Epic.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2009
42

Yeah, I totally agree with ya. THe games are getting boring and nothing gets my wildclaw to lvl up. I play games all the time and nothing really improves. We need more xp. Through the games is good and through ranked derbies is great.

Scarlet Sliverspear lvl 47 Myth/Fire/Storm

Suri lvl 17 Ice/Balamce

Survivor
Apr 11, 2010
9
Also something that could be done, is that when you are in a battle, your pet should get some experience points too. I mean they did advertise the pets update as the pet "growing with you". So perhaps the pet could get something like 1-10 points per match, or per opponent. It really is rather tedious to have to play those mini games. I don't even play the ones for mana, after the first couple of times, its just faster to either carry potions or hunt for wisps.