Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

really basic questions on hatching

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
I have read and read here trying to understand the hatching process. Could someone please answer a few basic questions for me? pretty please?

I have sprites. I want to hatch them to improve the offspring but I still want them to be sprites. Does the other parent have to be a sprite to guarantee that the offspring will be a sprite?

Does the pedigree number indicate which parent the offspring will look like? Or what? Or is it just up to chance?

If two identical parents are used, will the offspring have a chance to be different (either better or worse) in overall stats? (not talents, I think I userstand talents).

Thank you and I am sorry I can't dissect the many threads on this.

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
when you hatch, the abilities will get mixed and (i think) the first pet (going on sigil first or requesting) will take the shape. watch for any hybrids and make sure you have enough money. hatching is expensive

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Ok, if you have a sprite and you want a guaranteed sprite in return, yes, you need to hatch with a sprite!

Now, in order to improve pets talents, you need to hatch with something that gives better talents, such as a sea dragon..

Or, if you want life talents, a Forest Lord pet...

However, hatching with anything other than a Sprite, give you a chance to get the other pet...

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
karenstreasures wrote:
I have read and read here trying to understand the hatching process. Could someone please answer a few basic questions for me? pretty please?

I have sprites. I want to hatch them to improve the offspring but I still want them to be sprites. Does the other parent have to be a sprite to guarantee that the offspring will be a sprite?

Does the pedigree number indicate which parent the offspring will look like? Or what? Or is it just up to chance?

If two identical parents are used, will the offspring have a chance to be different (either better or worse) in overall stats? (not talents, I think I userstand talents).

Thank you and I am sorry I can't dissect the many threads on this.

Ok, hatching goes like this. If you have 2 of the same pets, then you'll get 100% chance of that pet. The pedigree, has nothing to do with what you'll get in hatching. Pedigree is more of a 'level' based type of thing. The higher the pedigree, the better talents your pet has (such as if the pedigree is at 28, you'll get a bunch of uncommons and stuff, but at 60+ , you'll start to see a bunch of 'epic' talents and less uncommons. If you hatch a pet with another, it's going to copy the parents skill. There is a possible chance to get different stats. A lot of people believe that if you raise up power, you'll most likely get pain giver or something that boosts your damage. But the truth is, it boosts the % boost that your pet gives you. Hope this helps