Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Post Your Pet Talents Ideas Here

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
With Khrysalis Part 2 coming, I'm curious what you all think what we need in our pets. What kind of talents? School? Range of damage, heal, etc etc.

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
Kelsey Fireheart on Feb 19, 2014 wrote:
With Khrysalis Part 2 coming, I'm curious what you all think what we need in our pets. What kind of talents? School? Range of damage, heal, etc etc.
Healing talents such as MC Spritely and Fairy Friend restored to their pre-nerfed state.

Mary

Explorer
May 21, 2012
83
Kelsey Fireheart on Feb 19, 2014 wrote:
With Khrysalis Part 2 coming, I'm curious what you all think what we need in our pets. What kind of talents? School? Range of damage, heal, etc etc.
may cast sprite swarm

Survivor
Sep 15, 2013
22
Defender
Jun 15, 2013
139
I think a may cast attack but it should be harder to trigger

Explorer
Feb 16, 2011
84
May cast Spirit/Elemental blade?

Maybe heals like sprite and fairy should be casted more. My pet will sometimes heal a little then next few fights spam like there's now tomorrow . I have no other ideas though.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2008
8
I think for level 98 each school should get a new pet, but it should be better than those you get at the lower levels, like for example the orthrus pet you get for level 48 if you're myth. These pets tend to not have any talents higher than rares. I think there should be a chance at getting epic on these level 98 pets such as may cast fairy, sprite, etc. These pets should probably be given the card in which you get at level 98 at baby.

As for new heals, talents, etc., I would recommend that may cast satyr would be implemented, but that could get a little out of hand with lower levels using pets that have these talents. A satyr may cast could be useful for the high levels, but again, would be a little overpowered for the levels below 70 or so. This also goes for new talents that would be geared more towards higher levels, like a new resistance talent that gives more or close to 10% resistance.

Joseph ThunderFist, level 56

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
209
Kelsey Fireheart on Feb 19, 2014 wrote:
With Khrysalis Part 2 coming, I'm curious what you all think what we need in our pets. What kind of talents? School? Range of damage, heal, etc etc.
I have finished part one and decided to fight Hisser for his Pirahna Hunter drop (Balance Pet). I nearly fell off my chair when he dropped it first time!. I noticed that this, and other newer pets are having things like ctit boost/block, perhaps this is because apart from Hades, gear hasn't been so good in terms of block/crit.
Yes I'd love to see the healing spells returned to their former glory (I'm not going to even attempt to get a heal hatch with my Pirahna because of really low cast rates.)
Maybe pets that remove a negative eg, Shatter, Cleanse Charm or add a positive eg Remove an opponent shield/blade would be a help in part 2.
What do other pet owners think?

A+ Student
Jan 11, 2012
1680
Kelsey Fireheart on Feb 19, 2014 wrote:
With Khrysalis Part 2 coming, I'm curious what you all think what we need in our pets. What kind of talents? School? Range of damage, heal, etc etc.
Here's an idea. It's been talked about before, but in another avenue. How about a pet, that gives us an attack card, similar to a wand spell, that does twice our character level in damage. It would give a new card every other pet level (5 max once all slots are available to us). The spell would be your primary school wand attack type and be on a school pet from a quest reward. This would also allow greater flexibility because now, we could get our own school wand spells AND use another school's wand item. The spell would ALWAYS be useful, would never be overpowered (because eventually, regular wand attacks would be just as strong if not stronger). This way, we get something totally new, and have more wand spells to get rid of debuffs such as shields/weaknesses, etc. Just my thoughts, but I think this would be great, and since others are asking for attacks, this would cover that.

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
175
Joseph ThunderFist on Feb 20, 2014 wrote:
I think for level 98 each school should get a new pet, but it should be better than those you get at the lower levels, like for example the orthrus pet you get for level 48 if you're myth. These pets tend to not have any talents higher than rares. I think there should be a chance at getting epic on these level 98 pets such as may cast fairy, sprite, etc. These pets should probably be given the card in which you get at level 98 at baby.

As for new heals, talents, etc., I would recommend that may cast satyr would be implemented, but that could get a little out of hand with lower levels using pets that have these talents. A satyr may cast could be useful for the high levels, but again, would be a little overpowered for the levels below 70 or so. This also goes for new talents that would be geared more towards higher levels, like a new resistance talent that gives more or close to 10% resistance.

Joseph ThunderFist, level 56
I guess I'm going to have to be the one to do it, "May Cast Satyr" Are you out of your mind?!?!? I wasn't thrilled they added May Cast Fairy. I think this would really upset a lot of people if they added this as a pet talent. Any other thoughts?

Survivor
Sep 15, 2013
22
ViciousVenomousVix... on Feb 21, 2014 wrote:
I guess I'm going to have to be the one to do it, "May Cast Satyr" Are you out of your mind?!?!? I wasn't thrilled they added May Cast Fairy. I think this would really upset a lot of people if they added this as a pet talent. Any other thoughts?
A "may cast Satyr" Pet spell would be so nice. Especially if bosses & that are going to get harder later on in the game.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
4
Is it possible we are becoming too dependent on our pets helping us? I was questing when we had no pet to help with heals, and I had to level a few wizards up to fifty without that benefit. You were challenged to BE the grandmaster wizard not just some yahoo whose pet will bail you out of a tough fight. I really think the larger pet heal spells will take away our responsibility to be better wizards.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2008
8
ViciousVenomousVix... on Feb 21, 2014 wrote:
I guess I'm going to have to be the one to do it, "May Cast Satyr" Are you out of your mind?!?!? I wasn't thrilled they added May Cast Fairy. I think this would really upset a lot of people if they added this as a pet talent. Any other thoughts?
I wasn't trying to have it implemented, as it would be a little overpowered. I believe you may have read it wrong, or I may have worded it wrong. If I was implemented with a minimum level of usage, it would be a possibility

Joseph Thunderfist, level 56

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4113
TigerLily073 on Feb 21, 2014 wrote:
A "may cast Satyr" Pet spell would be so nice. Especially if bosses & that are going to get harder later on in the game.
It's not needed. Fairy already does like 700-1000 healing if you have anything resembling decent gear. Healing Current can do 1200-2300 depending on gear. Satyr is just too much. I love my healing pets, but there's really no reason to add a talent that automatically restores all your health every time it heals.

A+ Student
Jan 11, 2012
1680
There are some I'd like to see, some which don't exist currently in any form, and some which exist, but not for pet talents. Sprite Swarm would be an AWESOME team talent for a pet; the way it's designed just begs for it. Detonate is another one people have said would be a great skill to have (and one not all wizards would want either, so it wouldn't be cropping up on every pet under the sun). There’s tons of ideas already on these message boards that could be explored.

I agree we need to broaden our minds when it comes to pet talents. I'd love to see things like Detonate make their way into maycast. I think the problem is, if any suggestion comes up, people will make the same argument as Kukailimoku already has. There also needs to be a balance of these new skills, meaning not all will work for PvE or PvP.

Defender
Oct 27, 2013
160
bartleby's roots: May cast Rebirth, epic

sharp eyes: gives 1 keen eyes card, epic

snowstorm!: may cast blizzard, epic

weezbat: may cast death bat, ultra rare

stormy day: may cast tempest (deals 500 damage to all enemies), epic

lightning of the disguizes sky: may cast insane bolt (65% chance will hit the enemie, 35% chance you'll die), epic

second life: may cast regenerate, epic

tainted elfs: may cast yellow fire elf, ultra rare

Double up!: +15 extra critical rating to a critical talant, epic

strength=power!: +100 base pet snacks

sprite group: may cast sprite swarm

Overpowered dish!: may cast leviathan

Survivor
Apr 17, 2012
2
Hi I think they should give a type of pet for each school and it should be good like resist and may cast tower, may cast spiritly,fairyattack and critical for these I think give attack and critical so it helps hades gear. Pls don't put fire down storm gets more attack accuracy critical pierce than fire and their block resist and health are almost same as fire. Fire should have second highest attack but balance has it more pls make fire and its pet stronger.

thank you.

A+ Student
Jan 11, 2012
1680
poliwhirl555 on Feb 24, 2014 wrote:
bartleby's roots: May cast Rebirth, epic

sharp eyes: gives 1 keen eyes card, epic

snowstorm!: may cast blizzard, epic

weezbat: may cast death bat, ultra rare

stormy day: may cast tempest (deals 500 damage to all enemies), epic

lightning of the disguizes sky: may cast insane bolt (65% chance will hit the enemie, 35% chance you'll die), epic

second life: may cast regenerate, epic

tainted elfs: may cast yellow fire elf, ultra rare

Double up!: +15 extra critical rating to a critical talant, epic

strength=power!: +100 base pet snacks

sprite group: may cast sprite swarm

Overpowered dish!: may cast leviathan
Instead of fire elf, i'd rather see maycast Power Link :)

Survivor
Aug 22, 2010
20
Pet talents such as "may cast blade"or "may cast life shield" ect. are hardly ever used. My pet has similar talents and my pet only casted it once, maybe twice at the most. I think it would be awesome if the chance of casting these spells increased. Also, I would love it if our pets casted dispel spells (like melt) onto our enemies. It would also be cool if pets could grant us pips (like empower) during a battle, not just pip o'plenty.
Some ideas for new pet types include…
- Robo cat!
-Magma Cat!
-Royal Cat
-and type of cat
-Guinea pigs
-Hamsters
-Koi fish
-Gold fish
-Cookie!
-Sceptre and orb
-more types of dinosaurs (Ankylosaurs, dodo bird)

Explorer
May 21, 2012
83
dayerider on Feb 23, 2014 wrote:
There are some I'd like to see, some which don't exist currently in any form, and some which exist, but not for pet talents. Sprite Swarm would be an AWESOME team talent for a pet; the way it's designed just begs for it. Detonate is another one people have said would be a great skill to have (and one not all wizards would want either, so it wouldn't be cropping up on every pet under the sun). There’s tons of ideas already on these message boards that could be explored.

I agree we need to broaden our minds when it comes to pet talents. I'd love to see things like Detonate make their way into maycast. I think the problem is, if any suggestion comes up, people will make the same argument as Kukailimoku already has. There also needs to be a balance of these new skills, meaning not all will work for PvE or PvP.
sprite swarm is good for everything and satyr i guess for questing still ounds cheap about the satyr part though