Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pet pavilion, boring, no fun,lame? what?

1
AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 24, 2009
13
I don't ,mean to be rude, but the new pet pavilion is boring. in other words (lame). Why do i say this you ask? Well number 1, i read on the announcements, and it said, "battle with your pets". And they can't even fight!! They should be able to fight! Also, the health for the pets takes up to five hours to come back. Why can't we just buy it with gold, or refill for free? That's the least you could do! People already figured out that its just another way for you to make money. Almost all my friends tried their pets in the derby, or games for less then an hour. Then they went back to quests!?!?!?!?! I do like the games and the derby, yes. But trying to get refills for health, and the lie about using your pets in battle, is making me extremely mad! Me and my friends are thinking about quitting wizard101, because of how you make us pay. plus wizard101 needs more then just quests and killing things. Get the message, YOU NEED TO CHANGE THE PET PAVILION, AND ADD FREE REFILLS(OR GOLD), AND MAKE IT SO WE CAN USE OUR PETS IN BATTLE! Until then me and others are quitting wizard101. O and don't cancel this message because it says lame, I'm only expressing my feelings!

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
489
You are totally right, I'm a Grandmaster and i have done everything in the game and when i saw this i thought i might just stay on but after what they have given us it's just not worth it, My subscription runs out in a week and with the way Kingisle is trying to mooch money off of people (like crowns only refills) there is no way I'm coming back and about 10 of my friends who play are feeling the same way.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
1708
One, you don't need crowns for refills, just level up and you get a refill for free.

Only a few pets can fight with you, it makes these few unique. If you want one, find it and try it out.

Survivor
Jan 25, 2010
4
I'm not sure on the refills and what not...but when I received an email from faculty@wizard101.com and they said "use pets as allies in magic duels and more" I got the understanding that we would use our pets during duels. Well as of right now I can't. I never heard of finding "unique pets" only those can be used in duels. All I can say is, thank god for the new world coming out, b/c this new pet thing thing seems to be more for the little 10 year olds.

Survivor
Jan 24, 2009
13
um dude who wants, to wait 5hrs until your pet health fills up. And i bet these special pets, cost crowns...

Survivor
Dec 03, 2008
8
MikeStrath wrote:
One, you don't need crowns for refills, just level up and you get a refill for free.

Only a few pets can fight with you, it makes these few unique. If you want one, find it and try it out.


I wanted to address a few things here.
1. it DOES cost refills if you are a grandmaster, as you can't level up anymore being the max level, so you have to wait, and wait, ohh and did I mention WAIT for it to refill.

2. about the pets fighting you with, this is true, only a few can acually do it. So few that I don't think anyone has found them yet, and the few that you can, they don't untill they are epic pets, (still not garentied to get the fighting pet abilities, only per luck if your pet gets one of them during the leveling process, and you are still forced to train your pet thought 1000-2000 mini-games to get to that point, ohh.. yea, what joy! *input sarcasm here* -- and if you don't get the fighting ability you want on your pet ( as they don't get all there abilities, only a small part of them) then it costs your 60,000 - 90,000 gold to conbine your pet, so you can start all over again. woo.. hooo ..hooo ..

Survivor
Jan 24, 2009
13
OK so i am like 2 lvls away from being a grandmaster, why would i lvl up for a refill? It would take up just as much time, if i decided to wait for a refill. And instead of combining my pets i'd rather just buy a new house with that gold.

Survivor
Apr 09, 2010
4
I was sorry to see how many people are posting negative comments about the new pet pavillion!

As a casual gamer, I think it was a great addition to Wizard 101. I never bothered getting a pet before, but now there is a reason to have one other than bragging rights. It has been nice to play some quick games with my pet and the go questing (just the right amount of time online). I don't mind the long recharge rate because I usually play every couple of days or so anyway...

I do hope there will be more access to a wider variety of pets soon, either by more frequent drops or being sold once again in the shops (wasn't that the point of hatching anyway?)

Anyway, I just wanted to say kudos to the design staff, I think this has added another level of excitement and challenge to an already fun game.

Survivor
Jan 24, 2009
13
If you look at what i said above, it says i do like the games and derby. They need to just to fix the refills, and make it so all pets can attack.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
12
I agree completely. Kingsile, make more pets be able to actually HELP you in battle other than giving you cards and +power pip chance and all the other junk it gives you. Also, it would be nice if doing pet derbys leveled up your pets to add a little twist to the amazingly repetittive minigames.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
8
Hoping this is just a start. Now that Kingisle has introduced this aspect of the game, I am hoping they plan to tweak it so that it will be fun, instead of months of grief. I can understand not wanting everyone being able to mass produce pets and to manage the population. But holy Pigwings Wizards. Make it at least a semi achievable activity. At the price it is set now, you would have to spend three quarters of a year just to be able to afford to buy an egg. Then by the looks of it, it could be a trash breed. One that you do not even want to waste your time on. Is the GP I will get to trade it in going to reflect what I spent on the pet to get it in the first place. 80k then only get 10k on a trade cause I do not want to even attempt to train what I get? Please tell me you are going to do something to fix this pet breeding thing. A time limit on the time you have to wait to breed a pet or something. Something besides taking months of gold off of our hands that I would rather spend on playing the game, other than sitting on it to try to get a pet I do not want or even just to get a pet egg. Then you loose out on other aspects of the game, like Housing, training other pets. I would defeat Malistaire by the time I get up the money to get one pet. Then, why bother :(

Survivor
Jan 24, 2009
13
I think they need to add more and fix it. I know how much trouble it is to make all these improvements and then put it into the real game. At least look into them, i can wait a few months for you to add some them. The pet pavilion will only last a while then it will get boring, When no one wants to play it, you'll have to add something new. HERE IS THE PLACE FOR BETTER IDEAS! By the way i already know people who are using cheats by trying to fix the refill problem. Who knows what else they'll do. If you don't believe me i can even tell you where to find one of them. I actually thought of using one myself, but i think it runes the fun in the game. They even have a hack to go into your system and take crowns from you. I have proof, so if you really don't believe me i can tell you what to look up. There is cheats, i have proof, and You'll have to end up making improvements!

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
2
Your pets can help you in battle, they have to be ranked up ( system of baby, teen, adult, anceint, and epic. ) I am proud owner of a Leviathan
also one of there new updates. ( a fusion as some call it at the hatch system. ) As you know a the Leviathan is Storm and Balnce ( Because of its fusion materials ). I leveled him up to adult and he will cast Kraken ( VERY RARE BUT IT HAPPENS ) on the monster/wizard on the farthest left.



Caleb StormShade & Maximus Leviathan ^^

Survivor
May 01, 2010
40
shadowmagician7 wrote:
I leveled him up to adult and he will cast Kraken ( VERY RARE BUT IT HAPPENS ) on the monster/wizard on the farthest left.



Caleb StormShade & Maximus Leviathan ^^


As a Storm Wizard, I would be appalled if my pet just suddenly lashed out with a random attack. Part of the joy in playing this game is the strategy involved.

Say, for example, I was fighting Jade Oni (or another boss) and I had placed a couple of traps on him. Suddenly, my pet decides to waste my traps with a fairly weak spell like Kraken.

Useful spells would include blades or traps, but I have NO desire for a pet who randomly ruins my attack strategy by jumping the gun!

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
341
shaggyzon2 wrote:
shadowmagician7 wrote:
I leveled him up to adult and he will cast Kraken ( VERY RARE BUT IT HAPPENS ) on the monster/wizard on the farthest left.



Caleb StormShade & Maximus Leviathan ^^


As a Storm Wizard, I would be appalled if my pet just suddenly lashed out with a random attack. Part of the joy in playing this game is the strategy involved.

Say, for example, I was fighting Jade Oni (or another boss) and I had placed a couple of traps on him. Suddenly, my pet decides to waste my traps with a fairly weak spell like Kraken.

Useful spells would include blades or traps, but I have NO desire for a pet who randomly ruins my attack strategy by jumping the gun!


What? A "fairly weak spell like kraken"? How the heck can you say that Kraken is a weak spell? You storm wizards never appreciate any spells. Kraken is NOT weak. How much damage does it do? Like 500? And for only 4 pips! I'm an Ice wizard, so I know what a weak spell is, and Kraken is not weak. Frost Beetle is a weak spell. Storm spells are the strongest "in damage) and I don't think you can say any storm spell is weak. And what is stronger than Kraken except Stormzilla and Storm Lord? I think Kraken is a fairly strong spell, not fairly weak.

I'm sorry if this offended you, because that's not what I wanted to do. But I'm an Ice wizard and I think Ice wizards and Storm wizards are opposites in almost every way. Diviners usually don't like Ice and Thaumaturges don't often like Storm.

Survivor
Mar 25, 2009
23
It's called capitalism folks. Making money. Don't be mad, be smart. King's Isle is a BUSINESS. They didn't create this game to make you happy; they are very creative people who want to make MONEY. And they will suck it right out of you if you let them. If you're smart and didn't flunk social studies when it talked about the history of economics, you can play Wizard101 for about $10 bucks a month for a subscription that will give you 6 avatars and use only the gold (play money) you earn to buy fun stuff. If you're impatient, vain, or very niave, you will buy too many things with crowns (real money, kiddies). The PET idea is showing toooooo much greed on the part of King's Isle (KI: you really need to hide it better. You're freaking out the kids.) Unless you can spend a bazillion hours playing for 1 point (on very tedious games) and using your expensive foods to add 1 pt (only if you play perfectly) to make an ancient pet Epic and spend crowns to get there before you die of old age, NO pets will make it to Epic. My daughter, a master, tried and she is just heart broken. She spent her birthday money on this junk for pets who even at ancient have little to offer in battle. I actually enjoy playing Wiz as an adult and I have not spent a crown on anything, yet my stuff is plain old FUN. So get out of the pet pavillion once you have an adult or ancient pet or skip it all together and just have fun again, battling and talking to your friends (remember them?), maybe have virtual parties at your virtual houses and socialize. Be kids again.

Master's Mama

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
37
Temil2005 wrote:
MikeStrath wrote:
One, you don't need crowns for refills, just level up and you get a refill for free.

Only a few pets can fight with you, it makes these few unique. If you want one, find it and try it out.


I wanted to address a few things here.
1. it DOES cost refills if you are a grandmaster, as you can't level up anymore being the max level, so you have to wait, and wait, ohh and did I mention WAIT for it to refill.

2. about the pets fighting you with, this is true, only a few can acually do it. So few that I don't think anyone has found them yet, and the few that you can, they don't untill they are epic pets, (still not garentied to get the fighting pet abilities, only per luck if your pet gets one of them during the leveling process, and you are still forced to train your pet thought 1000-2000 mini-games to get to that point, ohh.. yea, what joy! *input sarcasm here* -- and if you don't get the fighting ability you want on your pet ( as they don't get all there abilities, only a small part of them) then it costs your 60,000 - 90,000 gold to conbine your pet, so you can start all over again. woo.. hooo ..hooo ..


Most of the pets that fight with you don't even fight. Most of the time they shield, trap, blade, weakness, or that thing that makes spells fizzle. Anyway. My Minotaur is one of the little lame fighters. The little guy can cast a myth ward. I've never seen it but it can. My friend's storm beetle can also can a storm ward. I wish mine could too. Sadly it didn't get it when the updates went out.

Defender
Jun 03, 2009
103
BrettM131 wrote:
I was sorry to see how many people are posting negative comments about the new pet pavillion!

As a casual gamer, I think it was a great addition to Wizard 101. I never bothered getting a pet before, but now there is a reason to have one other than bragging rights. It has been nice to play some quick games with my pet and the go questing (just the right amount of time online). I don't mind the long recharge rate because I usually play every couple of days or so anyway...

I do hope there will be more access to a wider variety of pets soon, either by more frequent drops or being sold once again in the shops (wasn't that the point of hatching anyway?)

Anyway, I just wanted to say kudos to the design staff, I think this has added another level of excitement and challenge to an already fun game.
As you said your a CASUAL gamer I take it you may not have several grandmasters as many do here who play this game seriously.
obviously you didn't get the concept of the hatchry sry if I seem to be rude or mean but it does NOT benifit the players ONLY KI who make the money from crowns Period. your pets energy does not refill when they level up oh no my friends you pay crowns to refill and that may not change any time soon.
Good Luck have fun play safe.
PS. there are plenty of pet drops but not to the casual player who has not bothered to look or fight for them.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
23
Ok so you are expressing your feelings. The pet pavilion is the pet pavilion. (I'm just saying.) I enjoy it though! I FINALLY GOT MY PET UP TO ADULT! YUPEE!



Lauren Skyriver
lvl 50
Ice Wizard

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
140
faxbot882 wrote:
BrettM131 wrote:
I was sorry to see how many people are posting negative comments about the new pet pavillion!

As a casual gamer, I think it was a great addition to Wizard 101. I never bothered getting a pet before, but now there is a reason to have one other than bragging rights. It has been nice to play some quick games with my pet and the go questing (just the right amount of time online). I don't mind the long recharge rate because I usually play every couple of days or so anyway...

I do hope there will be more access to a wider variety of pets soon, either by more frequent drops or being sold once again in the shops (wasn't that the point of hatching anyway?)

Anyway, I just wanted to say kudos to the design staff, I think this has added another level of excitement and challenge to an already fun game.
As you said your a CASUAL gamer I take it you may not have several grandmasters as many do here who play this game seriously.
obviously you didn't get the concept of the hatchry sry if I seem to be rude or mean but it does NOT benifit the players ONLY KI who make the money from crowns Period. your pets energy does not refill when they level up oh no my friends you pay crowns to refill and that may not change any time soon.
Good Luck have fun play safe.
PS. there are plenty of pet drops but not to the casual player who has not bothered to look or fight for them.


You're pet energy automatically recharges, but this takes some time. Crowns just do it automatically.

Survivor
Jan 07, 2010
38
Technically, you can use pets in battle, but not all of them. Some pets give cards, eg. Helephant, Wraith, Collossus, Satyr, Stormzilla, Orthrus, Hydra, Burnzilla, Cat Thug etc. and the cards are what you use in battle. Obviously its not what everyone was hoping for but they didn't exactly lie. Also, pets give stat boosts and stuff. And also, Celestia is coming out in a couple months. That means more quests, more items, higher levels and more fun. Plus, if you are bored after you get to Grandmaster, then most people play the game over. I have a friend who is working on his sixth wizard, and he ranked high in the Wizard of the Year contest. I agree that wizarding does get boring after a while, but there is always more to do, even if that more is just doing it all over again.

Defender
Jun 03, 2009
103
Umrag wrote:
faxbot882 wrote:
BrettM131 wrote:
I was sorry to see how many people are posting negative comments about the new pet pavillion!

As a casual gamer, I think it was a great addition to Wizard 101. I never bothered getting a pet before, but now there is a reason to have one other than bragging rights. It has been nice to play some quick games with my pet and the go questing (just the right amount of time online). I don't mind the long recharge rate because I usually play every couple of days or so anyway...

I do hope there will be more access to a wider variety of pets soon, either by more frequent drops or being sold once again in the shops (wasn't that the point of hatching anyway?)

Anyway, I just wanted to say kudos to the design staff, I think this has added another level of excitement and challenge to an already fun game.
As you said your a CASUAL gamer I take it you may not have several grandmasters as many do here who play this game seriously.
obviously you didn't get the concept of the hatchry sry if I seem to be rude or mean but it does NOT benifit the players ONLY KI who make the money from crowns Period. your pets energy does not refill when they level up oh no my friends you pay crowns to refill and that may not change any time soon.
Good Luck have fun play safe.
PS. there are plenty of pet drops but not to the casual player who has not bothered to look or fight for them.


You're pet energy automatically recharges, but this takes some time. Crowns just do it automatically.

Sorry but no I just leveled another of my pets to adult the energy did not I repete NOT fill because it leveled up. It does not happen you either wait or buy with crowns period thats it.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
29
faxbot882 wrote:
Umrag wrote:
faxbot882 wrote:
BrettM131 wrote:
I was sorry to see how many people are posting negative comments about the new pet pavillion!

As a casual gamer, I think it was a great addition to Wizard 101. I never bothered getting a pet before, but now there is a reason to have one other than bragging rights. It has been nice to play some quick games with my pet and the go questing (just the right amount of time online). I don't mind the long recharge rate because I usually play every couple of days or so anyway...

I do hope there will be more access to a wider variety of pets soon, either by more frequent drops or being sold once again in the shops (wasn't that the point of hatching anyway?)

Anyway, I just wanted to say kudos to the design staff, I think this has added another level of excitement and challenge to an already fun game.
As you said your a CASUAL gamer I take it you may not have several grandmasters as many do here who play this game seriously.
obviously you didn't get the concept of the hatchry sry if I seem to be rude or mean but it does NOT benifit the players ONLY KI who make the money from crowns Period. your pets energy does not refill when they level up oh no my friends you pay crowns to refill and that may not change any time soon.
Good Luck have fun play safe.
PS. there are plenty of pet drops but not to the casual player who has not bothered to look or fight for them.


You're pet energy automatically recharges, but this takes some time. Crowns just do it automatically.

Sorry but no I just leveled another of my pets to adult the energy did not I repete NOT fill because it leveled up. It does not happen you either wait or buy with crowns period thats it.


Is character level up not pet

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
140
faxbot882 wrote:
Umrag wrote:
faxbot882 wrote:
BrettM131 wrote:
I was sorry to see how many people are posting negative comments about the new pet pavillion!

As a casual gamer, I think it was a great addition to Wizard 101. I never bothered getting a pet before, but now there is a reason to have one other than bragging rights. It has been nice to play some quick games with my pet and the go questing (just the right amount of time online). I don't mind the long recharge rate because I usually play every couple of days or so anyway...

I do hope there will be more access to a wider variety of pets soon, either by more frequent drops or being sold once again in the shops (wasn't that the point of hatching anyway?)

Anyway, I just wanted to say kudos to the design staff, I think this has added another level of excitement and challenge to an already fun game.
As you said your a CASUAL gamer I take it you may not have several grandmasters as many do here who play this game seriously.
obviously you didn't get the concept of the hatchry sry if I seem to be rude or mean but it does NOT benifit the players ONLY KI who make the money from crowns Period. your pets energy does not refill when they level up oh no my friends you pay crowns to refill and that may not change any time soon.
Good Luck have fun play safe.
PS. there are plenty of pet drops but not to the casual player who has not bothered to look or fight for them.


You're pet energy automatically recharges, but this takes some time. Crowns just do it automatically.

Sorry but no I just leveled another of my pets to adult the energy did not I repete NOT fill because it leveled up. It does not happen you either wait or buy with crowns period thats it.


Yes, I said it automatically recharges, but it takes some time. That's the same thing as waiting.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
6
I refuse to boycott the game just because the pet refills are a bit too slow. I understand why this is a great way for Kingsile to make some more cash, but they should make it available to the players that are unable to buy crowns to get quick refills. Some sort of mini game in the tents or a gold fee could be a way for those individuals to refill pet energy.

Boycotting and whining isn't going to get the job done. We need to come up with solid ideas. :)

Good Luck to KingSile to solve this issue. I LOVE THE PET PAVILION!

1