Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Not Using "May Cast" Talents

AuthorMessage
Champion
May 10, 2013
483
My pet got the "Snow Heal For You!" talent, all of a sudden, it didn't become useful, especially in Life Battles.

A Guy used Regenerate, again and again in PvP, (This was a 30 rounded pvp) and My pet STILL DID NOT use Snow Drift. Can you fix this Prof Greyrose?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4938
PlayHard101 on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
My pet got the "Snow Heal For You!" talent, all of a sudden, it didn't become useful, especially in Life Battles.

A Guy used Regenerate, again and again in PvP, (This was a 30 rounded pvp) and My pet STILL DID NOT use Snow Drift. Can you fix this Prof Greyrose?
That's part of the "MAY" part of the talent. There is no bug and nothing to fix; any may heal, may cast, etc., spell is totally random. I have a cupig that has cast spritely only a couple of times in the two years I've had it.

Champion
May 10, 2013
483
RavenLady777 on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
That's part of the "MAY" part of the talent. There is no bug and nothing to fix; any may heal, may cast, etc., spell is totally random. I have a cupig that has cast spritely only a couple of times in the two years I've had it.
Mine did it 0 times in 2 months, that's quite a couple concerns. A Cupig isn't going to be helpful, especially with Spritely. I would choose different pets. A Couple of Epic Talents is right for me

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
194
I've had a pet wait until he felt like using the May Cast spells. It was ten days before I could get him out of him "sleep" ... Anyways, the May Cast talents activate randomly on specific cues. It also depends on luck (I think I can relate). And you, my friend, have a bad string of bad luck leading from one month to the next. Those are the only logical answers I can give you, sorry! Good luck!

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
523
I have a suspicion that certain pets are more likely to cast certain "may cast spells" than other pets.

For example, my ice hound seems to like to cast tower shields a lot but my Basilisk almost never casts it. Also, my ice hound likes to cast balance blade a decent amount of time, but my Carnation Pixie has never cast it in over three weeks of questing since I got it. One more example, my Basilisk casts weakness quite a bit, but my Efreet very rarely ever casts it.

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
251
Malt22 on Aug 24, 2013 wrote:
I have a suspicion that certain pets are more likely to cast certain "may cast spells" than other pets.

For example, my ice hound seems to like to cast tower shields a lot but my Basilisk almost never casts it. Also, my ice hound likes to cast balance blade a decent amount of time, but my Carnation Pixie has never cast it in over three weeks of questing since I got it. One more example, my Basilisk casts weakness quite a bit, but my Efreet very rarely ever casts it.
I agree with you

Champion
May 10, 2013
483
Malt22 on Aug 24, 2013 wrote:
I have a suspicion that certain pets are more likely to cast certain "may cast spells" than other pets.

For example, my ice hound seems to like to cast tower shields a lot but my Basilisk almost never casts it. Also, my ice hound likes to cast balance blade a decent amount of time, but my Carnation Pixie has never cast it in over three weeks of questing since I got it. One more example, my Basilisk casts weakness quite a bit, but my Efreet very rarely ever casts it.
Wait that makes no sense. - You are talking about the Myth Basilisk or the the Hybrid. Because
Mythical Basilisk gives "Piercemonger" and Efreet gives "Get Sunbird"