Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Drop

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
I have been trying to get certain pets from different bosses. I have killed the boss many times but have no luck. Is there anything i can do or where or have equiped that will increase my chances of a pet drop. Thank you for commenting if you do.

Defender
Apr 08, 2009
ruby456fire wrote:
I have been trying to get certain pets from different bosses. I have killed the boss many times but have no luck. Is there anything i can do or where or have equiped that will increase my chances of a pet drop. Thank you for commenting if you do.

One thing you can do is use blades and traps. I have done this in the past and it has worked.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
Survivor
May 26, 2009
Ummmmm! You have to defeat the bosses more than once MOST of the time. Sometimes, luck happens and BAM you get the pet on the first try. But, really there isn't really to much help you can get from getting a pet from a boss. Good luck!!!

Explorer
May 22, 2009
I talked to KI about not getting something, and they simply said that its not guarenteed that you will EVER get the drop you want. Since the drops are based on a random formula, you arent really sure if you will ever get it, because it might just keep giving you other stuff. But stay optimistic, like i did, and you might just get that drop.

Defender
Apr 08, 2009
yellow867 wrote:
I talked to KI about not getting something, and they simply said that its not guarenteed that you will EVER get the drop you want. Since the drops are based on a random formula, you arent really sure if you will ever get it, because it might just keep giving you other stuff. But stay optimistic, like i did, and you might just get that drop.

I believe that it just takes time to get the drop you want. You will always get some random item. But most of the time, you get a pet drop on first try.

Survivor
May 10, 2010
koolboy222 wrote:
yellow867 wrote:

I believe that it just takes time to get the drop you want. You will always get some random item. But most of the time, you get a pet drop on first try.
I dont think you get a pet drop on the first try most of the time. Same with mount drops, you MUST keep trying. But, you DO get a random item every time.

Survivor
Mar 13, 2009
yellow867 wrote:

Yea stay optimistic... I have been lucky with killing bosses and getting pets but its all random... (Ive gotton blue cat thug from Grubb on my first try, the Clockwork Golem from Bellows on my second try, and the Artic Snake and Ice Snake from killing other bosses on my first and second try also...)