Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pet cards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 08, 2010
this has probably been asked before, but I searched and found nothing.

I have two pets at the moment, a cyclops with dragonblade card and proof/defying/fairy/unicorn and a thunderbird with grand phoenix card and some other worthless talents that im trying to get from my cyclops.
I was wondering if the dragonblade will ever switch over from the cyclops to the thunderbird? will the thunderbird be stuck with the grand phoenix forever?

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
The item card(s) a pet gives don't change. The Thunderbird will always give the Grand Phoenix, and the Cyclops will always give the Dragonblade.

Miranda Nightsinger, Promethean Necromancer
Scarlet Windhammer, Magus Pyromancer

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Not sure what you mean by "switch over." Each pet has the talents it has, period. Their offspring, however, will have a mix of attributes from the parents. So subsequent generations may take on traits from either parent, and a hatched thunderbird could get a dragonblade from a Cyclops parent. No guarantee, but the possibility is there.

To understand the process, try this link:
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Basic:Hatching_Pets

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Luiiss66 on Apr 20, 2014 wrote:
this has probably been asked before, but I searched and found nothing.

I have two pets at the moment, a cyclops with dragonblade card and proof/defying/fairy/unicorn and a thunderbird with grand phoenix card and some other worthless talents that im trying to get from my cyclops.
I was wondering if the dragonblade will ever switch over from the cyclops to the thunderbird? will the thunderbird be stuck with the grand phoenix forever?
As long as it's not a card item that is given to the pet at hatch you would be able to transfer it over to another pet. Certain talents do seem to take for ever to hatch in or out though.

Mary

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Cards given by a talent can be hatched to another pet. Cards given by the pet type cannot. In your case, both those cards are not talents, so they cannot be passed to another type of pet by hatching.