Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 29, 2014
Hi everyone!

I have a question what's is a good pet for balance and death?
What's the pedigree for?
Example if you've got a pet that has60pedigree above is that it can may cast healing or resist thing?

Please comment
Thank you!

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Pedigree doesn't really matter. It is just a sum of the talent rarity, but more isn't always better, so just look for the talents you want.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2014
carlosmi11 on Oct 4, 2014 wrote:
Hi everyone!

I have a question what's is a good pet for balance and death?
What's the pedigree for?
Example if you've got a pet that has60pedigree above is that it can may cast healing or resist thing?

Please comment
Thank you!
Hi !

I can probably only answer your second question regarding the pedigree.

In my limited understanding, a pet's pedigree is basically a sum of your pet talents (common, uncommon, rare etc.). Some of my friends believe the higher, the better because that means your pet has many rare, ultra-rare, epic talents in her pool. However, this is where I disagree with them as some desirable may-cast healings don't exactly fall into those categories.

Whether your pet can develop any may-cast healings or not depends on predetermined talents (first generation pet), or the talents his/her parents have (hatched pet).

Hope this helped and Happy Questing

Sabrina Skycaster, lvl 25 , Gone Fishin'

Defender
Jun 29, 2014
Sabrina Skycaster on Oct 5, 2014 wrote:
Hi !

I can probably only answer your second question regarding the pedigree.

In my limited understanding, a pet's pedigree is basically a sum of your pet talents (common, uncommon, rare etc.). Some of my friends believe the higher, the better because that means your pet has many rare, ultra-rare, epic talents in her pool. However, this is where I disagree with them as some desirable may-cast healings don't exactly fall into those categories.

Whether your pet can develop any may-cast healings or not depends on predetermined talents (first generation pet), or the talents his/her parents have (hatched pet).

Hope this helped and Happy Questing

Sabrina Skycaster, lvl 25 , Gone Fishin'
Thank!
You really did help