Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Our newest pets.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 28, 2011
I didnt see a topic already started for this, so here goes.

The burning pixie is lovely, completely awesome, but then my fav colors are red and black, but she costs too much, as does the red and black pegasus I'm dying to buy.

I have 2 thoughts on this burning pixie:
1. Can you make this in other colors to match any outfit?? (as I think the fairy wing mounts should have more colors too to match your outfits, or be able to be dyed in the dye shop (along with some sofas, chairs, other furniture lol)
2. Are these new pets temporary?? Are the pegasus mounts temporary also?
I want the burning pixie and black pegasus, but they are too expensive. I'd consider more fairy wings for my other students if they came in red, green, black, white, and whatever else we can dye them. I think all pets should have a dye option no matter what type of pet. Imagine a pink or purple unicorn lol. Just saying...we need more options. And I dont want these new items gone before I can afford to buy them...please put them on sale soooon. Thanks!

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
TarynHeart wrote:
I didnt see a topic already started for this, so here goes.

The burning pixie is lovely, completely awesome, but then my fav colors are red and black, but she costs too much, as does the red and black pegasus I'm dying to buy.

I have 2 thoughts on this burning pixie:
1. Can you make this in other colors to match any outfit?? (as I think the fairy wing mounts should have more colors too to match your outfits, or be able to be dyed in the dye shop (along with some sofas, chairs, other furniture lol)
2. Are these new pets temporary?? Are the pegasus mounts temporary also?
I want the burning pixie and black pegasus, but they are too expensive. I'd consider more fairy wings for my other students if they came in red, green, black, white, and whatever else we can dye them. I think all pets should have a dye option no matter what type of pet. Imagine a pink or purple unicorn lol. Just saying...we need more options. And I dont want these new items gone before I can afford to buy them...please put them on sale soooon. Thanks!

the reason they dont let us dye them say for example fairy wings
is because if that crown item had a alt version ya can buy say they was a ruby oni

if they let ya dye jade oni red it would be like ruby oni
and vice verca

also for the new pets idk if they are limited time only or the pegasi for that matter

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
Defender
Jul 08, 2009
Well, dying the wings/pet would kind of kill the variety. they have three colors of fairy wings; if they were able to be dyed, there wouldn't be much cause, would there? Just sayin'. ;)

And I can imagine some people with a blue and white firecat saying it's a glacier cat to look cool lol.

Defender
Feb 15, 2009
Although the new mounts and pets are a tad bit expensive, I think they are worth it.

Also, pets and brand-new mounts tend not to be temporary. In fact, I've never seen a 'Temporary' pet before, so don't worry about that. As for the mount, when you buy it in the crowns shop make sure it says "PERMANENT" and not one day/one week. Although I don't think they have even released temporary pegasus mounts yet.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
shrukain wrote:
Also, pets and brand-new mounts tend not to be temporary. In fact, I've never seen a 'Temporary' pet before, so don't worry about that.

Previous temporary pets include the Egg, Pet Rock, Patriotic Leprechan, Spirit of Nature, and Evil Sandman. They only stay in the crowns shop for 3 days to 2 weeks.

Defender
Jul 08, 2009
No, they mean pets that only stay with you temporarily. I don't think there are any of those. ;)

Defender
Sep 14, 2010
shrukain wrote:
Although the new mounts and pets are a tad bit expensive, I think they are worth it.

Also, pets and brand-new mounts tend not to be temporary. In fact, I've never seen a 'Temporary' pet before, so don't worry about that. As for the mount, when you buy it in the crowns shop make sure it says "PERMANENT" and not one day/one week. Although I don't think they have even released temporary pegasus mounts yet.

By temporary pets, it means pets that are for sale, but only for a limited time.

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
kingurz wrote:
shrukain wrote:
Also, pets and brand-new mounts tend not to be temporary. In fact, I've never seen a 'Temporary' pet before, so don't worry about that.

Previous temporary pets include the Egg, Pet Rock, Patriotic Leprechan, Spirit of Nature, and Evil Sandman. They only stay in the crowns shop for 3 days to 2 weeks.

**fGYU2tKDtH Sept/30/2011 8:21 pm Subject: Re:Our newest pets.

No, they mean pets that only stay with you temporarily. I don't think there are any of those.

I meant by temporary those only available for a short time, as stated above with pets like spirit of nature which I purchased and is now gone; I wont buy the burning pixie unless it goes on sale and I dont want it to disappear before I can buy it. Sometimes pets are listed for sale and the bulletin says for a limited time meaning the pet wont be available long...

and regarding the statement 'Well, dying the wings/pet would kind of kill the variety. they have three colors of fairy wings; if they were able to be dyed, there wouldn't be much cause, would there? Just sayin'. And I can imagine some people with a blue and white firecat saying it's a glacier cat to look cool lol. ' I ask about the dying of things like the wings because i dont get why they only made 3 colors of fairy wing mounts, where's the red, green, black, pink, all the other colors that would match our outfits????
and i know i dont really care if someone dyed their pet cat or firezilla to look like a glacier cat or stormzilla, matters not to me if kids wanna say 'look i have such and such type pet' if they really dont. (just like idc that kids run around saying 'i need a guy or i need a girl' everytime i enter the commons...) the juvi behavior of some of the ppl playing this game is their business, I want my pets to match, just like I think some furniture should be able to be dyed, i have a storm student with a purple house and no couch or big chairs due to only having red or blue chairs and red couches available. Everything we buy should be dye eligible, or color choice optional for all colors. I've seen some clothing for specific schools with only specific color choices available. my myth student does not wear blue/yellow, she wears red/black. my life students dont wear green, i hate green...
just my opinion on being able to dye anything any color, i dont see an issue. :-)
taryn

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Taryn,

I asked the same question on the forums with no luck on an answer from KI. However, it seems these new pets will last at least through October/November (the Halloween pets, unlikely to last into November). KI has occasionally removed pets without warning, but over the last year that hasn't happened. Spirit of Nature removal was notified through the forums and on the website, while Patriotic Leprechan and Evil Sandman had countdown timers on the login screen. I would assume the same would apply here, especially given the poll where most players indicated they like to be informed through the login screen. I would also assume a sale would be given at least once before they were pulled from the shop (maybe not all the new pets).

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/41424.ftl#232355