Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No power pip percentage on lvl 48 pets??

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
2
Really? Then what preciely is the point? Wasn't the entire point of working to gain that pet for the pip percentage increase it afforded the player.?

I am so very disappointed in this update and the "damage" done to the pets. Who can afford the training snacks and energy refills?

Why couldn't the players have just been given the option to purchase "spcial" racing pets? Then the original state of the previously owned pets could at least have remained the same. I liked mine the way they were, that's what I paid for when I purchased them.

All 3 of my family accounts are considering leaving the game at this point and although that is disappointing after the many dollars I personally have put into them I find that it is more disappointing that KingsIsle won't care.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
15
The power pip percentage for my lvl 48 pet was one of it's skills. It already had that skill.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
940
When KI introduced PvP, I did not care. I had no interest in doing Pvp and it did not interfere with my playing the game.

When they introduced Crafting, I did not care. I had no interest in crafting and it did not interfere with my game -- with the exception of reagants being dropped by bosses which reduced my chances of getting anything good.

But this Pet update has gotten me so mad. I have no interest in hatching my pets or raising them to epic, but it has interfered with my game.

Besides the fact that every one of my pets have been modified, and now my pets' new stats are on display. That now means that for every wizard roaming the spiral (unmounted) there are 4 lines of text floating around them which makes for more blue text on my screen then there are wizards. KI needs to add to the options to not see pet names and stats, not this see all or not see all we have now. How in the world am I suppose to find anyone?

The first day I played after downloading the update, every single monster I fought dropped a snack ... in many cases that was the only thing I received. Later this week I took my grand and helped a few friends with Labrynith twice in a row (because the update now only allows one person to get the obsidian chest). That 4 bosses per visit (we left after gaining access to the dean) and each boss was also dropping snacks. This is 1000x worse then when they introduced crafting. Trying to farm for that special furniture, pet, statue, mount, equipment? Your chances of getting any of those things has just dropped dramatically.

It is almost as if KI has decided that the pets are now more important than the quests.

And this doesn't even take into consideration the many bugs that they introduced in this update. What was the point in the test realm if you aren't going to iron out the problems before going Live?

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
962
MzVictoria wrote:
Really? Then what preciely is the point? Wasn't the entire point of working to gain that pet for the pip percentage increase it afforded the player.?

I am so very disappointed in this update and the "damage" done to the pets. Who can afford the training snacks and energy refills?

Why couldn't the players have just been given the option to purchase "spcial" racing pets? Then the original state of the previously owned pets could at least have remained the same. I liked mine the way they were, that's what I paid for when I purchased them.

All 3 of my family accounts are considering leaving the game at this point and although that is disappointing after the many dollars I personally have put into them I find that it is more disappointing that KingsIsle won't care.


So your saying you bought three family accounts just to use pet pavilion? And KingsIsle did put effort in to the pavilion, It just was not what the public wanted.

Hero
May 19, 2009
791
maybe yours is bugged, my pet has always had +5% pip percentage and after the update he still does.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
2
DarthNexus wrote:
maybe yours is bugged, my pet has always had +5% pip percentage and after the update he still does.


No I didn't make myself clear previously. I'm saying that when I reccently obtained my lvl 48 fire oni it came with an 18 hour hatching period to then only give a card at the baby stage.

It did not provide me with 5% power pips as all my previously obtained lvl 48 pets had. (After the update my previously obtained lvl 48 pets did in fact still retain the 5% power pip percentage they were issued with) It's the pets that are being obtained now at lvl 48 that no longer offer that.

And in response the the 3 accounts question regarding the pet pavillian ... no of course not for the pet pavillian. These accounts were all previously owned and the irritation is with the involuntary changes the pets that were purchased with crowns and earned through many hours of play on each of those accounts.

I'm saying all my originally purchased/earned pets should have been left alone. That instead of altering everyones pets there should have been an option provided to each player to purchase/obtain pets specifically for the purpose of the pet pavillian. Not a blanket involuntary change to all the pets.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
8
Preacher7719 wrote:
Besides the fact that every one of my pets have been modified, and now my pets' new stats are on display. That now means that for every wizard roaming the spiral (unmounted) there are 4 lines of text floating around them which makes for more blue text on my screen then there are wizards. KI needs to add to the options to not see pet names and stats, not this see all or not see all we have now. How in the world am I suppose to find anyone?


Preacher7719, there is an option for that. Personally, I do not care to see all that blue text either, so I checked my settings to see if I could get rid of this distracting and annoying material. If you will go under the 'Gameplay Options' section, you will see a part that says 'Overhead Names'. You can adjust this to any setting you wish. Mine is set on non-players and will not change.

I dont think that everyone should start complaining about the new Pet Pavilion. In the Test Realm, many people have had this idea and submitted it. KingsIsle is only trying to please us. Yes, I agree, it could be better, but no one is perfect. How could they please everyone when so many people had an idea? Just have fun with it!


Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
20
</div>
</blockquote>
I dont think that everyone should start complaining about the new Pet Pavilion. In the Test Realm, many people have had this idea and submitted it. KingsIsle is only trying to please us. Yes, I agree, it could be better, but no one is perfect. How could they please everyone when so many people had an idea? Just have fun with it!
</div>
</blockquote>
Wow I never thought about it that way. Parts of the Pet Pavilion really annoyed me, and I was mad at Kingsisle for not fixing it. But know you've turned my thoughts around. Thanks, hortonwilliam!


Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
3
MzVictoria wrote:
Really? Then what preciely is the point? Wasn't the entire point of working to gain that pet for the pip percentage increase it afforded the player.?
I am so very disappointed in this...


You're not the only one who is disappointed.
I'm sure the vast majority of players just now leveling to 48th and receiving a pet which is a definite down-grade from those others received in the past, are disappointed as well.
Like my 7yr old son who, after hard work and time (we don't level for him, but we do play together as a family) looks at his brand-new 48th lvl Helephant and says "Why don't I have power pips like you and mom on your 50ths dad? I did what you said..." ???
His mother and I teach him a basic ethic of fair play in life: if you work hard and play fair, you'll earn the same good rewards as others. I don't care if life isn't always like that in reality, he's 7, he doesn't need to loose a sense of fair play because of people changing the rules without listing it.

Quite honestly the bait-switch behavior on the part of KI is deplorable, we're now debating as a family if this is the game for us.

Suggestion to win back the hearts of other kids, parents, and players of all ages: put the School pets back to what they were.
Leave the "maybe pips/cards/stats" to the 80k Hybrid parenting where it belongs.
That kind of programming should not be difficult to code at all.

Hero
May 19, 2009
791
MzVictoria wrote:
DarthNexus wrote:
maybe yours is bugged, my pet has always had +5% pip percentage and after the update he still does.


No I didn't make myself clear previously. I'm saying that when I reccently obtained my lvl 48 fire oni it came with an 18 hour hatching period to then only give a card at the baby stage.

It did not provide me with 5% power pips as all my previously obtained lvl 48 pets had. (After the update my previously obtained lvl 48 pets did in fact still retain the 5% power pip percentage they were issued with) It's the pets that are being obtained now at lvl 48 that no longer offer that.

And in response the the 3 accounts question regarding the pet pavillian ... no of course not for the pet pavillian. These accounts were all previously owned and the irritation is with the involuntary changes the pets that were purchased with crowns and earned through many hours of play on each of those accounts.

I'm saying all my originally purchased/earned pets should have been left alone. That instead of altering everyones pets there should have been an option provided to each player to purchase/obtain pets specifically for the purpose of the pet pavillian. Not a blanket involuntary change to all the pets.
O well i'm sure as soon as it reaches teen it will get the +5%. Like all already earned lv 48 pets after the update they begin at teen and there first of four triats was already chosen

Administrator
Young Wizards,
It looks as though the level 48 school specific pets did not 'convert' to the new system as intended.

We realize this has upset some players who have recently obtained their exclusive school pet, but please know we are investigating and looking at a way to make these newly gained pets as powerful as previously gained versions.




{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
8
Angelocean wrote:
MzVictoria wrote:
Really? Then what preciely is the point? Wasn't the entire point of working to gain that pet for the pip percentage increase it afforded the player.?

I am so very disappointed in this update and the "damage" done to the pets. Who can afford the training snacks and energy refills?

Why couldn't the players have just been given the option to purchase "spcial" racing pets? Then the original state of the previously owned pets could at least have remained the same. I liked mine the way they were, that's what I paid for when I purchased them.

All 3 of my family accounts are considering leaving the game at this point and although that is disappointing after the many dollars I personally have put into them I find that it is more disappointing that KingsIsle won't care.


So your saying you bought three family accounts just to use pet pavilion? And KingsIsle did put effort in to the pavilion, It just was not what the public wanted.
What there are saying is that because all those cry baby PvP people did not like the fact that those of US that went out and did our quest got to level 48 had a pet that got a 5% pip chance when we hit grand master and went to play PvP. And if you cry enough they rewrite the game to make them happy. Don't see many people past MarleyBone do you? Mostly little kids hanging out in wizard city. They should tell you at what age your school pets get that 5% pip chance ( but they don't ). If you don't want to waste time playing stupid game ( thats what facebook is for ) you should be able to feed your pet, like a 3 point snake takes off 3 point off your pet meter ( HINT HINT HINT ).

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
8
DarthNexus wrote:
maybe yours is bugged, my pet has always had +5% pip percentage and after the update he still does.
Pre update school pets have it, after update pets don't.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2009
4
It's been a week since Gamma posted. Any updates? I'm quickly approaching lvl 48 for the first time so I don't want to hit 48 until this has been resolved. There's no way I want to have a lame class pet compared with everybody else's powerful one.

Guess I'll be putting W101 on the shelf for a while - a very long while if they can't resolve this.

Survivor
Apr 28, 2010
11

I made it to level 48 after the pet update and recieved my hydra. I then carefully trained my hydra up to ancient but she still doesn't have any added pip chance.

She came with her hydra card at baby, and the skills she gained from being trained in the pet pavillion are an addition to her strngth and agility, a small percentage addition to my balance attack, and a gain to me of 76 health points.

My hydra will not gain her fourth spell unless I train her to epic and as can be read elsewhere on this forum that is an almost impossible task.

To be honest I would have preferred the extra pip chance.

Defender
Jun 03, 2009
103
This is what has happened to my self and my friends in this pet disaster.
I thought when kings said our pets could help us they actually could help us.
The day the pet pavillion opened was the end of getting those Hard earned power pips that came along with your schools pet. My storm grand has it and it took a fortune in time and gold to get it just to ancient it has the power pip advantage HOWEVER my friend who just got to level 48 on his storm yesterday Congrats :-D recived and egg NOT a pet he looked at that egg and the 16 hours till it actually hatched and flat out told me I don't know if this is worth it.
What kind of message does this send to players old and brand new wizards alike? This is what I think the message says in part it tells kids you don't have to ever finish anything you start to get what you want and even at the end if you don't actually get what you want it can be purchased with either crowns or gold.
I also Lost my pet wraith that I earned in the game almost a year ago it to gave me those much desired power pips what was returned to me was an egg
that took 16 hours to hatch (baby) and when I looked at its stats it had no power pips I was told use the crowns they gave all of us to help replace our loses. buy a snack pack cost 2500 crowns the amount given players and retrain the wraith in order to get the pips back. Words are hard to discribe my feelings towards this and words fail to come that can be writen here and allowed. what are your thoughts and did this happen to you?

Explorer
Apr 29, 2010
60
I think the 5% power pip chance should be given to all level 48 pets as a baby along with their card. It's not fair to have to level the pet for it particularly when you may not even get it.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
7
It is nice that KI decided to add such interesting potential to the game. It is NOT nice that those of us who did not have the foresight to rush our lvl 48 quests for our school pet no longer have as strong a pet as we could have. (frankly, if I'd have known I would weaken my wizards ingame, I wouldn't have spent so much time on the test realm actually hunting for bugs and inconsistencies)

Gamma, don't investigate, just don't include the school pets that must be quested for in this grand training surprise. I'd rather have 5% pip than all this other stuff on my school pets and save my experimenting for my other pets.

* BTW, I hope you fixed the school restriction I reported on the mix of satyr/wraith that resulted in a wraith hybrid my life wizard could not wield to even train it. That was one I really thought needed fixing. *

My grandkids are all confused by pets, one is ten and does enjoy the pet derby but his younger brother is upset his school pet won't be as good as his big brother's. Lately he hasn't wanted to play wizards much. My granddaughter is too young to figure out the pet stat page, it's a little too complicated for the younger player.

Hope you can find a happier balance in all of this. The advanced pet system seems not to appeal to all types of players, too bad we can't opt out.

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
132
Gamma wrote:
Young Wizards,
It looks as though the level 48 school specific pets did not 'convert' to the new system as intended.

We realize this has upset some players who have recently obtained their exclusive school pet, but please know we are investigating and looking at a way to make these newly gained pets as powerful as previously gained versions.




Will you put up a post when this issue is corrected? I for one was lucky enough to spot this on the board before I got to my 48 level quest. That's going to be on hold until this gets resolved.

Will the 48 level pets that have hatched get their stats upgraded? I'd hate to see somebody get 'stuck' with a buggy pet that far into their levels.

Defender
Mar 13, 2010
153
O well i'm sure as soon as it reaches teen it will get the +5%. Like all already earned lv 48 pets after the update they begin at teen and there first of four triats was already chosen

My hydra is now an ancient and still has no percentage of pip chance.

I notice that it was two months ago now that they said this would be fixed and I had hoped it would be fixed during the last maintenance update.

It is annoying to find I can only get this through training, but more annoying that I am not getting it at all!

I agree with the person that said level 48 pets should come with the +5%.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
83
Ok, this is my second post/complaint about my school pet not having its 5% power pip boost.

I have three accounts and 7 grandmasters (so far, working on more) but my most recent ones did not get the 5% power pip boost with their pets. I am not happy about this. I do not pvp or level pets so I do not care about those aspects of the game. I make wizards and quest them to grandmaster and I want the pet I earn to have its 5% power pip boost.

So I have one question for the powers that be here, how do i get my power pip boost back? I spend a lot of money on subs and crowns and just want my pets to have their 5% power pip boost...is that too much to ask?