Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My thoughts on hatching

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
Hatching, to me, is an enormously large waste of money. Most of the time you just get a pet you already had! What a waste! Who would want to do that?!? My friend tried hatching on the test realm. He used the crowns you get for the Test realm to buy some mega snack packs to level up a Death Leprechaun and a Earthwalker. After playing a bunch of boring repetitive mini-games, he hatched the pets. The hatching of the pets costs over 47,000 gold. After he hatched, he found that it was another Earthwalker. He was outraged. And that's the test realm! I don't think hatching is at all worth it, especially since you get a pet you already have!! It's the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen in wizard101!!! I warn players of these perils if they plan to hatch in the live realm. BEWARE!

So, ultimately, the pet updates were a complete and major failure for me. With the pet energy, minigames, race, hatching, and the removal of pets from the bazaar, I'm sure others are also quite disappointed. And hatching is hardly "customizing your pet from millions of combinations" like KI had said.

Please, KI, forgive me. I hope I haven't gone against any posting rules.

That's all. I just thought I should tell everyone the truth.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
you have to keep in mind that most of the grandmasters who have been playing this game for quite some time currently have no other use for their gold and can easily run gold back up after hatching... as such, many of us have the gold to hatch with and don't view it as being that bad but still mostly of little benifit

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
catboy2197 wrote:
Most of the time you just get a pet you already had!

It's not a pet you already had. It might be the same pet type, but it will have a mix of stats, talents and abilities of both parents.

What a waste! Who would want to do that?!?
I love doing that. That's how I get the Talents I want from one pet into the pet type that I want to use. For instance, getting May Cast Spritely (Life spell) onto an Orthrus for my Myth wizard.

My friend tried hatching on the test realm. After he hatched, he found that it was another Earthwalker.
An Earthwalker with Death Talents in its petnome.
He already had one of each. And that combo does not produce Hybrids as far as I know. So, what was he expecting to happen?
It seems like he isn't very familiar with how the system works so he has unrealistic expectations.

So, ultimately, the pet updates were a complete and major failure for me.
Why was it a failure for you??

With the pet energy, minigames, race, hatching, and the removal of pets from the bazaar, I'm sure others are also quite disappointed.
Some are quite disappointed - especially those who don't understand how the system works.
Many are quite happy - especially those who understand well how the system works.
My friends who worked to get Spritely on their pets are ecstatic.

And hatching is hardly "customizing your pet from millions of combinations" like KI had said.
Actually, it is millions. That refers to the combinations of stats and transfered and manifested Talents (& Derby skills). In addition to the true Hybrids.

Survivor
Jan 13, 2010
dude you need to listen more about the rules of hatching if you hatch earthwalker there a 80 percent you get another one and the other 20 getting a chmic egg and you need to listen to this important rule of hatching level 48 pet and hybrid are the only one to make a combiton storm bettle storm bettle rain bettle danger hound danger hound ghost hound stormzilla orthrus tempest hound or mythzilla there a 30 percent chance on this part hope i help answer your quest also people need to stop ganging up on king isle there busy with celestia testing it and taking the bug out and voices and they have enough problems with the current bug just leave them alone when you see a bug report it and have a nice day 8) also king isle work hard so i am saying this Wizard101 rules!!!1 Kingisle a wonder ful company you guys work so hard for us and sorry i am off topic Go king isle :P and if a worker answers can you give me a head up on when the next celestia wall paper i mean sneak peak on the new charcter will be out thanks hope you repile

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
bcbdla wrote:
catboy2197 wrote:
Most of the time you just get a pet you already had!

It's not a pet you already had. It might be the same pet type, but it will have a mix of stats, talents and abilities of both parents.

What a waste! Who would want to do that?!?
I love doing that. That's how I get the Talents I want from one pet into the pet type that I want to use. For instance, getting May Cast Spritely (Life spell) onto an Orthrus for my Myth wizard.

My friend tried hatching on the test realm. After he hatched, he found that it was another Earthwalker.
An Earthwalker with Death Talents in its petnome.
He already had one of each. And that combo does not produce Hybrids as far as I know. So, what was he expecting to happen?
It seems like he isn't very familiar with how the system works so he has unrealistic expectations.

So, ultimately, the pet updates were a complete and major failure for me.
Why was it a failure for you??

With the pet energy, minigames, race, hatching, and the removal of pets from the bazaar, I'm sure others are also quite disappointed.
Some are quite disappointed - especially those who don't understand how the system works.
Many are quite happy - especially those who understand well how the system works.
My friends who worked to get Spritely on their pets are ecstatic.

And hatching is hardly "customizing your pet from millions of combinations" like KI had said.
Actually, it is millions. That refers to the combinations of stats and transfered and manifested Talents (& Derby skills). In addition to the true Hybrids.

It was a failure for me because of a few reasons. They lied about most the updates, like about pets taking you to new worlds (maybe they meant the Pet Pavilion). I hate the way you level up pets. The mini games are boring for me, almost no point in leveling them up, except for hatching or or if they come with a spell at a certain age (something else I didn't like). Even with mega snack packs it takes a while. I personally DON'T CARE about the stats. It's just for the stupid pet racing, isn't it? I don't like the racing either, kind of boring. I also HATE that pets aren't at the bazaar. I definitely think that it would be a waste hatching so you can get some different stats. I understand the system now, but I still hate the updates. I know someone will agree with me. If not, whatever, I don't care. The absolute only good thing that came from the pet updates, for me, is being able to put pets in your house, which is something that should have been in the game since the beginning. I'm sorry, this is just what I think. I figured hatching would mix the stats, but, for me, when that's all it is it's the biggest waste of money in history!

Explorer
May 12, 2009
I was on the Test Realm earlier today, and I hatched a Helephant ( Igot from a glitch, I don't know how xD.) with Satyr, and I got a Lifebloom Egg or something like that So I am HOPING for the Satyr and Helephant combo. The hatching system isn't a waste, sometimes it's luck, sometimes it skill (by choosing you partners carefully), sometimes you lose. You won't get it on the first try, I can tell you that much.

Christo Fireheart, LVL 48 Pyromancer, Sword Saint