Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

May Cast Pigsie Jewel

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 24, 2008
I was fortunate enough to have a friend in Texas who picked up the Kroger Jewel card for me. I put the jewel with the May Cast Pigsie (Happy Accident) on my Ice Wizard's Frostfang. After two days of heavy questing in Aztec with 10 bosses fought and twice as many mobs, the Frostfang cast Pigsie only twice. I have had other pets with healing talents and, while I don't expect healing casts multiple times or in every battle, I do think two out of thirty battles is a bit stingy. My other healing pets seem to heal at a greater rate with their assorted Fairy, Energizing Battery, and Unicorn spells. Just curious if others are having better luck with this particular may cast.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I have the same jewel, and went to test it out on unicorn way to see IF it would trigger on my newly trained pet. It did on that one fight, however, it's maycast so it's random. MY experience is that school quest pets have done maycast more often . I had a blaze beast pet that rarely maycast, but my phoenix, sun serpent, and dryad are healing machines. At one point, with a phoenix pet, I had 8 sprites swirling around me

Survivor
Sep 11, 2013
TinkerBlue on Sep 6, 2018 wrote:
I was fortunate enough to have a friend in Texas who picked up the Kroger Jewel card for me. I put the jewel with the May Cast Pigsie (Happy Accident) on my Ice Wizard's Frostfang. After two days of heavy questing in Aztec with 10 bosses fought and twice as many mobs, the Frostfang cast Pigsie only twice. I have had other pets with healing talents and, while I don't expect healing casts multiple times or in every battle, I do think two out of thirty battles is a bit stingy. My other healing pets seem to heal at a greater rate with their assorted Fairy, Energizing Battery, and Unicorn spells. Just curious if others are having better luck with this particular may cast.
I have the same jewel and put it on my life pet. It just cast randomly but I wanna say the same rate as unicorn casting. My pet pretty much heals and spell defying. But also depends on your pet pedigree as well. Correct me if I’m wrong but I was told that the higher the pedigree, it would cast more. Mines at (69) and it cast

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Different maycasts have different triggers, even among maycast heals these vary a bit. They may also have different percentage cast rates when triggered. As far as I am aware, we have not got full information on all of the percentage casts.

Known triggers:

Spritely ~ damage to anyone (friend or enemies). If a multi-hit is cast it can trigger multiple times (max times is equal to number of hits).

Fairy-Friend ~ As Spritely but also heals, blades, auras and shields

Unicorn ~ As Spritely but also traps, pet heals and using shadow spells

Energizing Battery ~ After any spell cast on the pet owner, if the pet owner attacks an enemy or casts a blade, pet heals

We are yet unsure of the triggers for Happy Accident (maycast pigsie) and have only identified taking damage or fizzling as two of them. Percentages are still unknown.

It's impossible to gauge whether a maycast spell is working appropriately by looking at the number of battles v number of casts. It will ONLY cast if the triggers are there, but when there are loads of triggers in a battle (eg tons of overtimes on a team of 4) our pets can seem to go a bit mental lol

As we find more triggers, the value of Happy Accident will be easier to utilise fully. The fact it IS casting demonstrates it's working...now we need to find out how, why and when so we can manipulate our strategy to make full use of it

PS. Twiiin ~ I've never seen anything to suggest pedigree affects maycast rates. They're only influenced by triggers. Most high pedigree pets are full of sticky, undesirable Epic talents...go for the talent not it's pedigree score. I hope this helps!