Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Looking for advice Pet Sorting

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 15, 2012
Is there anything in game that can help with sorting pets?

If not, can someone please supply me with tips on methods of sorting so I know what I have?

Before you all ask, I have over 300 pets, and I don't know what is what because I only see the pet's names while they are in bank or backpack

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I have a binder notebook.

Every pure pet is recorded by name and pedigree, as well as where the pet came from.

Every hatched pet is also recorded by name and pedigree, plus the full stats and known talents of both parents including the order that their talents appeared. Any hidden talents that are discovered through later hatches are back-filled.

When I do a new hatch, the full lineage of the parents is noted (so I know who grandparents are, great-grand, etc.). Also the order that talents appeared on both parents, so I have an easier way to track which talents crossed into the baby hatchling's talent pool.

All hatchlings that I can tell I won't be training are noted as such. Then I decide where to put them and make a note of which wizard has the pet, and which house/part of the house the pet can be found in.

Hatchlings that are trained usually go to teen first, then I note if I stopped due to a bad talent, or continued to adult.

If a pet gets 2 or 3 amazing talents clustered, I will write SEED PET next to their name and keep them in special pens where only pure or seed pets go. Those pets are used to mix talents when developing 'designer pets.'

So basically, all my breeding pets are kept together in the same place, and in the notebook I write down where every pet is located in case I need to find it or wonder what I did with it. Or, when I realize I had an amazing pet running around my garden untrained for a year, because it dropped randomly somewhere and I never bothered to look it up.

*cough - Dreamsong Seraph w/ may cast Myth Fuel! - cough*

Rowan Ashcloud (oh look, a pretty angel pet, I'll put her in my garden)
Emma Ravensong (are you kidding me?! I need that Seraph!!!)
Alia Misthaven (Emma would have gotten the Seraph faster if Rowan kept better track of her pets!)