Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 58 Pets!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 18, 2010
2
Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
26
cole1234050 wrote:
I want to know what the level 58 pet is for the school of fire


The new fire school pet is the Phoenix.

Saffron IronThorn,
Legendary Pyromancer

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4942
cole1234050 wrote:
I want to know what the level 58 pet is for the school of fire

It's a phoenix. I've seen several around the spiral. :)

Survivor
Jul 29, 2010
13
i have a pheonix and i hatched it with forest lord and i cant use the hybid's card because i need eight pips and other schools can use our 58 hybrids pet crads so why cant i use forest lord from my inforno beast and life can use my pheonix card so plz fix it

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
18
Thank you for making available new level 58 pets, but why make it so ...
Six time in two days already my ice wizard has tried to get egg. But to no avail. Spent all my crowns and just about all my gold is gone just buying minions and spells to try and defeat these ice trolls. It was a lot easier for me to get my second new spell, which by the way is worthless. Strange that the dang boss I am fighting to get my egg can go critical practically on every hit and I can't even once go critical even on a wand spell. Everytime I put a minion out the boss throws out a global spell. Tell me again how the game isn't rigged. My pet will cast spritely maybe like three times in the very beginning of the game then quit. I guess you guys meant that literally when you noted "may" cast spritely. Twice I go in battle with 20 some thousand health twice I did not make it to the third round. Where is the fun? And you still haven't fixed that kitchen ware rack glitch in my recipe folder. Just because we are on a paid membership does not mean that we have money like all you game designers. Some of us do physical manual labor to keep a roof over our heads, food on the table, and children clothed and medicated. I am glad you guys finally did fix that sheets of color glitch that was hindering game play, thanks for that.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2008
78
i see that i'm not the only one getting mixed up hatches, i mixed my scarecrow with a judgement and i got a Crop Watcher [life scarecrow]. i was trying to hatch my crow with all the other schools to get there hybrid, i was doing good until this hatch.

Survivor
Nov 14, 2010
4
Hi,
I have a question. Can you get a hybrid from a level 58 pet, and another older pet, like a level 48 pet? I have tried and have failed so far.

Thanks,
Justin Walker, lvl 60 Pyromancer
Justin StormWalker, lvl 55(or soon to be) Diviner

Survivor
May 29, 2010
1
Defender
Feb 28, 2011
185
Professor Greyrose wrote:

1. Being level 58
2. You must have completed your school’s level 48 spell/pet quest from your professors.
d. Myth is the quest “Give a Dog a Bone” from Professor Cyrus Drake
3. You must have completed the quest “Nordrilund Exposure” given by Grandmother Raven in Hrundle Fjord.

Myth is quest “Frog in Your Throat”
I hope this helps and happy questing!


for the give a dog a bone quest, do we have to finish ALL of DS to get this pet?? I started on this quest as I just hit level 48, and cant get to the area for the fight regarding some collar or whatever is needed for cyrus, so i'm wondering if I have to do the entire DS to get my new pet???

**and I SOOO dont want a dumb frog as a pet. I dont like the spell much(earthquake is worse), tho my grandson likes watching it puke on people lol. If the frog is the lvl 60 pet i'm going to stop with my myth student after lvl 52-55 and focus on life student and fire student.

taryn ravenheart

Survivor
Apr 01, 2011
6
I have seen several Adept or Magus Wizards with Forest Lord, Kraken, Etc.
Does Anybody know why plz answer-

Wolf ThunderBlade
Master Diviner-

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
22
TarynHeart wrote:
Professor Greyrose wrote:

1. Being level 58
2. You must have completed your school’s level 48 spell/pet quest from your professors.
d. Myth is the quest “Give a Dog a Bone” from Professor Cyrus Drake
3. You must have completed the quest “Nordrilund Exposure” given by Grandmother Raven in Hrundle Fjord.

Myth is quest “Frog in Your Throat”
I hope this helps and happy questing!


for the give a dog a bone quest, do we have to finish ALL of DS to get this pet?? I started on this quest as I just hit level 48, and cant get to the area for the fight regarding some collar or whatever is needed for cyrus, so i'm wondering if I have to do the entire DS to get my new pet???

**and I SOOO dont want a dumb frog as a pet. I dont like the spell much(earthquake is worse), tho my grandson likes watching it puke on people lol. If the frog is the lvl 60 pet i'm going to stop with my myth student after lvl 52-55 and focus on life student and fire student.

taryn ravenheart


You don't have to do all of DS. Just enough to where you can access the Labyrinth. I have a legendary myth, and once you have the quest, you need to go to Labyrinth, and then to Ancient Burial Grounds. As for the frog, I am disappointed too. However, it gives a new humungofrog card that is a DoT spell. Something like 50 + 575 over 3 rounds. It can also cast sprite, blades and shields. I do wish it were not a frog, but what would you have it be? Besides Medusa, cause only life gets rank 8. Myth is still fun and powerful.

P.S. Earthquake is amazing. With no boost or critical, just a ton of traps and blades, I got Earthquake to do 4882 damage. Earth is a great spell, especially for 3v3 or 4v4 in PvP.

Survivor
Apr 01, 2011
6
haldir3011 wrote:
TarynHeart wrote:
Professor Greyrose wrote:

1. Being level 58
2. You must have completed your school’s level 48 spell/pet quest from your professors.
d. Myth is the quest “Give a Dog a Bone” from Professor Cyrus Drake
3. You must have completed the quest “Nordrilund Exposure” given by Grandmother Raven in Hrundle Fjord.

Myth is quest “Frog in Your Throat”
I hope this helps and happy questing!


for the give a dog a bone quest, do we have to finish ALL of DS to get this pet?? I started on this quest as I just hit level 48, and cant get to the area for the fight regarding some collar or whatever is needed for cyrus, so i'm wondering if I have to do the entire DS to get my new pet???

**and I SOOO dont want a dumb frog as a pet. I dont like the spell much(earthquake is worse), tho my grandson likes watching it puke on people lol. If the frog is the lvl 60 pet i'm going to stop with my myth student after lvl 52-55 and focus on life student and fire student.

taryn ravenheart


You don't have to do all of DS. Just enough to where you can access the Labyrinth. I have a legendary myth, and once you have the quest, you need to go to Labyrinth, and then to Ancient Burial Grounds. As for the frog, I am disappointed too. However, it gives a new humungofrog card that is a DoT spell. Something like 50 + 575 over 3 rounds. It can also cast sprite, blades and shields. I do wish it were not a frog, but what would you have it be? Besides Medusa, cause only life gets rank 8. Myth is still fun and powerful.

P.S. Earthquake is amazing. With no boost or critical, just a ton of traps and blades, I got Earthquake to do 4882 damage. Earth is a great spell, especially for 3v3 or 4v4 in PvP.

And to add on to that earthquake is useful when you are in Wintertusk and they have many shields you can just break them all and do a good amount of damage in the process

Wolf ThunderBlade
Wolf WyrmWraith
Master Diviner
Apprentice Necromancer

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
185
addan14 wrote:
As a level 60 balance wizard how can i obtain a pet that gives scarecrow card?


get the amulet, it's easier than trying to hatch for a pet with the card. I bought the amulet and have 2 levels to go before I can use that awesome scarecrow card :)

taryn, lvl 50 myth

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
185
haldir3011 wrote:
TarynHeart wrote:
Professor Greyrose wrote:

1. Being level 58
2. You must have completed your school’s level 48 spell/pet quest from your professors.
d. Myth is the quest “Give a Dog a Bone” from Professor Cyrus Drake
3. You must have completed the quest “Nordrilund Exposure” given by Grandmother Raven in Hrundle Fjord.

Myth is quest “Frog in Your Throat”
I hope this helps and happy questing!


for the give a dog a bone quest, do we have to finish ALL of DS to get this pet?? I started on this quest as I just hit level 48, and cant get to the area for the fight regarding some collar or whatever is needed for cyrus, so i'm wondering if I have to do the entire DS to get my new pet???

**and I SOOO dont want a dumb frog as a pet. I dont like the spell much(earthquake is worse), tho my grandson likes watching it puke on people lol. If the frog is the lvl 60 pet i'm going to stop with my myth student after lvl 52-55 and focus on life student and fire student.

taryn ravenheart


You don't have to do all of DS. Just enough to where you can access the Labyrinth. I have a legendary myth, and once you have the quest, you need to go to Labyrinth, and then to Ancient Burial Grounds. As for the frog, I am disappointed too. However, it gives a new humungofrog card that is a DoT spell. Something like 50 + 575 over 3 rounds. It can also cast sprite, blades and shields. I do wish it were not a frog, but what would you have it be? Besides Medusa, cause only life gets rank 8. Myth is still fun and powerful.

P.S. Earthquake is amazing. With no boost or critical, just a ton of traps and blades, I got Earthquake to do 4882 damage. Earth is a great spell, especially for 3v3 or 4v4 in PvP.


My problem with my orthrus pet quest was I got stuck questing in the atheneum and suddenly no more quests, i did something wrong and dont know what. I cant get out of the atheneum. I luckily found someone questing malastair and helped him so he ported me and my life student to the labyrinth (and had to get someone else to port us there, the mark we set for it failed because it was closed a specific day and we lost the mark we set.) But I did get my pet, but am still stuck in atheneum due to something I missed somewhere.
The frog is an aweful pet, is it as big as the one in the spell? I really hope not. Rather have the minotaur, but have no idea how to get it. I dont know. Not fond of the spells for minotaur and orthrus being a split spell, you need dble sets of traps and blades to get both split parts to boost otherwise it's the first part that gets the main boost. The Orthrus can give you added health, why cant it be the one with the spritely not the frog, grrr.

And really?? You like the earthquake? I hate it, because it's only suppose to knock out their positive stuff, their blades and shields. But whenever I use it it takes out my traps also. Hate it when a myth enemy uses it on me also after all the defenses I build up, just in time for ds myth enemies to take it away with the earthquake. They need to fix it so it leaves the traps on the enemies since it's set up to remove the positive. Why so many bugs... and why cant i get out of the Atheneum??!!

Taryn

Survivor
Feb 25, 2010
1
I completed all task to get my new level 58 pet and it showed that I received it but now it is gone no where to be found, What do I need to do to get it back?

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
9
These are the lvl 58 pets:

Death - scarecrow
Fire - phoenix
Life - forest lord
Storm - kraken
Balance - judgement
Ice - ice wyvern
Myth - humongofrog
Tatermater04 :p
-------------------------------------

Survivor
Jan 11, 2011
7
Professor Greyrose wrote:

New pets can be obtained through a quest given to you by your school Professor! You must be at least level 58 and have completed the Grizzleheim quest "Nordrilund Exposure" and your previous level 48 Pet/Spell quest to obtain this quest.
ok i have an ice wyvren and all the hybrids but a frosthopper (ice wyvern + humungofrog) and an ice kraken (kraken+ice wyvern) if you have 40,000 gold and an adult humungofrog or a kraken meet me in blossom in the hatchery name(huntermythblade) thanks im desprate! :x :x

Defender
Jul 20, 2009
199
These pets are great! You guys made a great job making them! Their cards are great and the hybrids, too. :) They looks fabulous and their animation is great. I have my phoenix right now and it's currently adult .
EDIT: I leveled my Phoenix to epic!

Survivor
Mar 26, 2011
14
I have a question. If I am not death and a get a hybrid pet that gives me an ominous scarecrow spell how can I use it. If I can not is it worth hatching with a judgement.

Survivor
Oct 28, 2010
7
dungeondefender wrote:
I have seen several Adept or Magus Wizards with Forest Lord, Kraken, Etc.
Does Anybody know why plz answer-

Wolf ThunderBlade
Master Diviner-




They have theses pets due to they probably have lvl 58 wizards and higher. Because of that they put them onto the lower lvl wiz. to make them a lil more powerful.

- Kestrel DarkTheif lvl 60 Life

Survivor
Oct 18, 2009
30
RavenLady777 wrote:
Professor Greyrose wrote:

New pets can be obtained through a quest given to you by your school Professor! You must be at least level 58 and have completed the Grizzleheim quest "Nordrilund Exposure" and your previous level 48 Pet/Spell quest to obtain this quest.

Thank you!
But at what point do we get this quest? I'm level 60 and have met the other requirements. Just wondering and hoping it's not near the end of the new world.


Just go see your teacher. I never got a quest to get it either except for a reminder earlier in the game. peony552

Explorer
Jul 02, 2009
73
The quest that the Professor stated is the last quest in Wintertusk's main storyline and you must complete Grizzlehiem before you can get to Wintertusk on your own. The pets are great. My Forest Lord is the neatest pet in the game.

John Wildwalker
Legendary Life Wizard

Defender
Nov 19, 2008
116
Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
37
How come all fire gets is a phoenix yet life gets forest lord and death gets scarecrow?

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
14
I am already a legendary Myth. I have my Orthrus and did Nordilund Exposure. I just finished medusa quest and now Professor Drake won't give me Frog in the Throat quest for the humongofrog.