Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jade Hound

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 29, 2009
2
So I have a GM Myth and settled on getting myself a Jade Hound for my first hybrid. I have tried twice hatching with Adult Satyrs, once when my Orthrus was Adult and then again when I leveled him to Ancient. Both times I got another Orthrus with the potential just a bit higher. So before I start farming again, I am looking for some confirmations:

1) Is the hatch mix correct? (Orthrus/Satyr can produce a Jade Hound)
2) Does it help to level my Orthrus from Adult up to Ancient and Epic?
3) Does it help more if I hatch with a Satyr that is Ancient or Epic?
4) Should I try to hatch with a Jade Hound (If I can find someone that will do it?)
5) Can someone share their pain in how many times they have had to hatch to get their desired hybrid, because I have a sinking feeling this is going to take me awhile...

Much appreciated,

Christopher Lionbringer

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
962
1) Yes, that is the correct combination

2)Ancient/Epic pets have higher pedigree meaning higher costs

3)See above

4)Yes, that will help if you can Orthrus/Satyr mix has 4 possible pet outcomes, while Jade Hound/Orthrus has 2 possible pet outcomes increasing your odds (not chances) by 100% (making 50% instead of 25%)

5) I have mixed 11 times no hybrids. :) Feel better?

Delver
Mar 08, 2009
235
First of all, You have the correct mix. Second, I would recommend leveling your orthrus so you will have a better chance. Third, you should try to find an ancient satyr. Fourth, i would not recommend it because it is almost impossible to find someone who has a jade hound and that wants to hatch with it. Fifth, I feel your pain.I have a satyr and i always wanted one but i mostly got satyrs and travellers. But one day i got it so just keep trying. BTW life has a 30% chance of getting one but myth has a 70% chance of getting it so you will most likely of getting one so good luck.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
11
Ok,first, i'm pretty sure a jade hound is balance. Second, its all about probililaty. And finally, i tried several times to get a hybrid but either had not enough money or it backfired.

Luke Skywalker level 40 Fire