Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I thought we can make new combonations of pet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 02, 2010
32

on test server i did the thing in the pet hatchery were to people go and I guess mate there pets and get a new pet.

I use my hydra grandmaster pet and the other person use there Orthrus grandmaster pet, and after I waited 24 hours for my egg to hatch... Basically I just got another Hydra pet that looks excatly what I got and it comes with the same hydra pet card. The only differents was the new baby Hydra just didnt have any stats.


What is the purpose of doing that then? Basically I waste 80,000 gold just to make another same pet on what I have now just with no stats, and then I cant even sell it since its no auction.

I was expecting some new type of looking pet to hatch from my egg accourding to what I heard there are "Millions of different combonations".


What I saw was a waste of time and gold. Am I wrong on something here?

Defender
Feb 05, 2010
104
yea I hated that. I mean I thought you can fuse them together and make them morph into eachother like a dragon combined with a ninja pig equals fat walking dragon! But then I found out that! I wish KI would change that part ugh.
Lucas Drakebloom level 34
ice wizard
Oni slayer

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
10
I reallt didnt like the idea of this I mean I wasted 90,000 gold just to get another wraith?!?! Really and no stats? That was a total rip off. I mean 90,000 Plus the worst part is it took me a bunch of times to even get a actual egg!! This is a rip off!!!

Explorer
Dec 13, 2008
91
tkoaries3 wrote:

on test server i did the thing in the pet hatchery were to people go and I guess mate there pets and get a new pet.

I use my hydra grandmaster pet and the other person use there Orthrus grandmaster pet, and after I waited 24 hours for my egg to hatch... Basically I just got another Hydra pet that looks excatly what I got and it comes with the same hydra pet card. The only differents was the new baby Hydra just didnt have any stats.


What is the purpose of doing that then? Basically I waste 80,000 gold just to make another same pet on what I have now just with no stats, and then I cant even sell it since its no auction.

I was expecting some new type of looking pet to hatch from my egg accourding to what I heard there are "Millions of different combonations".


What I saw was a waste of time and gold. Am I wrong on something here?

We were mislead on this, I'm a tad disappointed by this as well. "Millions of Combinations" Was refering to the STATS/POWERS not the looks, which really kinda annoys me. Secondly, what annoys me, is that an "Ancient Being" is the same size as a baby, they really disappointed me in the visual aspects.

Survivor
May 17, 2009
8
Coming this spring, players will have the opportunity to hatch customized pets from millions of potential combinations. The Advanced Pet system will bring a new dimension of interaction within Wizard101 as players can race their pets in the expansive Pet Derby, participate in new pet-themed minigames, feed and train them, and use them as allies in magic duels. Players will be able to level their pets from an egg to ancient beings with incredible powers.

This is very misleading, and I too thought that there would be more custom looking creatures. I mean first of all, the bonus picture on the press release shows a piggle being crossed with some pet we have never seen before. The test realm shows it to be a "gobbler" which is a common pet available in the shop. Ummm . . . I thought the Gobblers were green and taking over Colossus Blvd?

I spent the time leveling my yellow/orange Fun Dragon (Life) to adult just so I could hatch it with my red Firezilla (Fire). After all the time spent slowly gaining 250 xp and the 80,000 gold spent, I got another red Firezilla (Fire). Now I have to spend more time and gold leveling the baby up and its 2 parents to even see if it was worth the effort Talent/Power wise. Although, the way it sounds, the Talent/Powers are random by pet type any way, and I haven't really seen the Talents come into play in battle. So the parents don't matter much in this area. I get that it may be difficult, even impossible, to create all the possible "mutts" graphically.

So, why not make the offspring able to be more of blend of the parents in a simpler way? It takes one form or the other, one color or the other, one school with card or the other. Many possible combinations from one cross can bring more intrigue.

Example from above:
Fun Dragon y/o (Life) Satyr card x Firezilla red (Fire) Firezilla card

Offspring Possibilities:
Fun Dragon y/o (Life) Satyr card
Fun Dragon y/o (Fire) Firezilla card
Fun Dragon red (Life) Satyr card
Fun Dragon red (Fire) Firezilla card
Firezilla red (Fire) Firezilla card
Firezilla red (Life) Satyr card
Firezilla y/o (Fire) Firezilla card
Firezilla y/o (Life) Satyr card

That's 8 possible pets!

I'm a Grandmaster, what else do I have to look forward too? The quests are done, until Celestia. I was really anxious to see the new pet system, but I am really disappointed in it. So far, it seems to be a waste of time and money.

Community Leader
" The egg will take the appearance of one of the original pets, but the Traits & Powers will mix and match. Which pet and which traits...who can say? Once the egg has hatched, your new pet is just a baby, and needs to be trained and fed."

Sorry we were not mislead this above note was taken right from the new test realm testing notes, That being said I do like how the pets once grown up get a maybe a mix stats of both pets :-) I am growing a baby Wraith that I mixed with a helephant.

I do how ever see one problem What happens to the poor pet if I didn't have a death wizard? As the Wraith is death school only I would of lost the poor pet or only left it run around my house forever never to be trained.

Maybe a suggestion If hatching a baby from like 2 different schools either make them can go on either school ( not the orginal pets just the baby) or not let level 48 pets hatched?

Just a thought not sure if possible.

Explorer
Dec 13, 2008
91
MeCatz wrote:
" The egg will take the appearance of one of the original pets, but the Traits & Powers will mix and match. Which pet and which traits...who can say? Once the egg has hatched, your new pet is just a baby, and needs to be trained and fed."

Sorry we were not mislead this above note was taken right from the new test realm testing notes, That being said I do like how the pets once grown up get a maybe a mix stats of both pets :) I am growing a baby Wraith that I mixed with a helephant.

I do how ever see one problem What happens to the poor pet if I didn't have a death wizard? As the Wraith is death school only I would of lost the poor pet or only left it run around my house forever never to be trained.

Maybe a suggestion If hatching a baby from like 2 different schools either make them can go on either school ( not the orginal pets just the baby) or not let level 48 pets hatched?

Just a thought not sure if possible.

I was talking about BEFORE the test realm came out.

Explorer
Mar 01, 2009
72
Mislead was terrible to say. You/We interpreted KI's intentions a little wrong. Changing pet appearances is a great idea, but A LOT of work to put that in. Maybe after Celestia is up and running we'll have a pet system update. So for now, we must mix our pets, grow them up, and mix them again with another mixed pet for a truly unique pet!

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
259
Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
34
When this happened to most players, including myself, I believe we were all dissappointed. However, after thinking about it for a while, I can see how 'morphing' the parents to create a baby pet that takes on each of the parents physical traits can be a problem. KI would literally have to create MILLIONS of different possibilies. I like the ideas that dresen15 stated above. Adding to that, maybe it would be possible to at least do the morphing of the initial matching of parents and after that maybe put a stat card next to the pet indicating what percentages make up that particular pet. For example, if the initial parental match-up was a Helephant and a Storm Hound, it would hatch looking like a Storm Hound w/ a trunk and be split schooled ( 1/2 Fire & 1/2 Storm) and called a Hele-Hound. If the Hele-Hound were to level up to an Adult and combine with a Hydra-thrus (Hydra + Orthrus), it would keep it's initial hatched look but have a stat 'card' next to it stating it was 25% Helephant, 25% Storm Hound, 25% Hydra, & 25% Orthrus. You could still call it a Hele-Hound but it would be a Hele-Hound made up of those percentages.
Another idea would be to at least change the size of the pets. For example: the baby would be smaller, the teen a little bigger, the adult would be the current size of the pets, the ancients would look a little older and wiser, & the epics could be more of a faded (ghostly) God-like, floating version of the pet. At least something to that idea.

Any other thoughts anyone.......

Alexander Mythfinder

Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
34
Just wondering if anyone had any other thoughts on this/these topics.....

Also, I believe something needs to be done about the amount of people allowed into the Hatchery at one time. I was in there on a number of occasions trying to mix two of my adult pets together, only to have a few players try to constantly jump on the transporter at the last second wanting to mix one of their own pets with mine. After making it know that I was trying to mix two of my own pets to no avail, I finally left and came back around 2:00 am to do it. Just making those several attempts and watching the timer count down from ten seconds each time and then each time at 3 or 2 seconds remaining, having that 'special' someone jump on, and then having to cancel out the match, is too much. I would suggest using the same concept that is used for the dungeons......

Any thoughts.....

Alexander Mythfinder (MYTH SCHOOL RULES !!! LOL :^)

Explorer
Dec 18, 2009
71
tkoaries3 wrote:

on test server i did the thing in the pet hatchery were to people go and I guess mate there pets and get a new pet.

I use my hydra grandmaster pet and the other person use there Orthrus grandmaster pet, and after I waited 24 hours for my egg to hatch... Basically I just got another Hydra pet that looks excatly what I got and it comes with the same hydra pet card. The only differents was the new baby Hydra just didnt have any stats.


What is the purpose of doing that then? Basically I waste 80,000 gold just to make another same pet on what I have now just with no stats, and then I cant even sell it since its no auction.

I was expecting some new type of looking pet to hatch from my egg accourding to what I heard there are "Millions of different combonations".


What I saw was a waste of time and gold. Am I wrong on something here?




if i were you i would be maybe the happiest person in the world to have 2 pet hydras

Defender
Aug 15, 2009
164
Well, we may not know everything from test realm. Maybe they have found a way to morph pets to new babies and we don't know it yet. For that matter, we are just testing the pet dynamics, and not really the pet statics. There have been several times in the past where what has been tested doesn't show up exactly as observed in the real realm. Usually its costs and stats.
There may be a flurry of artists that are working their way on combinations that could bring pets a generation or two in appearance.
But then if not then there are limitations to what can really be done. I for one am going to just enjoy the fact there are major improvements in the game, and the majority of those improvements we had asked for.
Maybe in the future they can bring those pets to look like dragonwinged ninja pigs. But if not, even for now it is still a major step forward.
And I am so happy that I dont have to select a target on mass effect spells, losing pips will be so behind us we will be happy to forget that losing pips like fizzles happens. Although we wont lose fizzles but thats cool

Explorer
May 09, 2009
82
rats. I was hoping to hatch jade oni and colosus to make the ice gurtok from the great spyre.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
4
I mixed my hydra with a wraith I waited 24 hours but IT WAS JUST ANOTHER HYDRA I was hoping a wraith that is ice fire and storm

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
43
Ugh dude that happened to me too! :( I hatched my ice collosus with a hydra and got A STINKIN COLLOSUS! So just keep the hydra and try again its life it will happen sometimes!

Explorer
Apr 04, 2010
77
tkoaries3 wrote:

On test server i did the thing in the pet hatchery were to people go and I guess mate there pets and get a new pet.

I use my hydra grandmaster pet and the other person use there Orthrus grandmaster pet, and after I waited 24 hours for my egg to hatch... Basically I just got another Hydra pet that looks excatly what I got and it comes with the same hydra pet card. The only differents was the new baby Hydra just didnt have any stats.

What is the purpose of doing that then? Basically I waste 80,000 gold just to make another same pet on what I have now just with no stats, and then I cant even sell it since its no auction.

I was expecting some new type of looking pet to hatch from my egg accourding to what I heard there are "Millions of different combonations".

What I saw was a waste of time and gold. Am I wrong on something here?


I hate that too. I did the same thing with my Hydra with an Orthrus too, and I got a yellow hydra lol. I was hoping for a cerberus but I did'nt get one :( Well I hope we can choose what pet we want to hatch as well

Survivor
Sep 12, 2010
1
PrinceAlex13 wrote:
Just wondering if anyone had any other thoughts on this/these topics.....

Also, I believe something needs to be done about the amount of people allowed into the Hatchery at one time. I was in there on a number of occasions trying to mix two of my adult pets together, only to have a few players try to constantly jump on the transporter at the last second wanting to mix one of their own pets with mine. After making it know that I was trying to mix two of my own pets to no avail, I finally left and came back around 2:00 am to do it. Just making those several attempts and watching the timer count down from ten seconds each time and then each time at 3 or 2 seconds remaining, having that 'special' someone jump on, and then having to cancel out the match, is too much. I would suggest using the same concept that is used for the dungeons......

Any thoughts.....

Alexander Mythfinder (MYTH SCHOOL RULES !!! LOL :^)


Change Realms to one that is "PERFECT".

Also Question, I would like to Hatch my Pale Maiden with another Death School Pet (Its abilities didn't turn out that great). Does anyone know if there are Hybrids from Pale Maiden? and If I hatch do I loose my Pale Maiden and receive the egg, or do I get to keep the parent and the egg?

Survivor
Jul 12, 2010
2
You will keep the pet and get an egg. There are no known hybrids for Pale Maiden.

From what I have seen, however, is that pet cards are tied directly to pet type.

IE - your Fun Dragon will always have Dryad, and your Firezilla will always have the Firezilla card.

If you were lucky enough to have a Fun Dragon with Pip o Plenty, and a Firezilla with Spell-Proof, however.... :P