Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I enjoy waiting 6 HOURS to use my pet!

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
889
What the heck is going on around here! First pets now "hatch" from an egg which is totally stupid and unrealistic. How can my ghost "hatch" from an egg? I believe animals are born when they come from an egg, unless I have turned wacko. I also believe my ghost is dead. So how, then, can my dead ghost suddenly get born again from an egg? Rubbish! (as Simon cowell would say.)

Then I have to wait 6 hours to wait until I can show off my banshee that I spent so much time on getting!

I already am mad as heck because the whole crowns thing, now KI has to torture me with this? Sheesh!

Yours (not) Truly,

A fed up player

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
594
I honestly enjoy having the Hatch time so I can decide whether or not I want to train the pet, use it as furniture, or sell the egg.

Honestly, there isn't much 'Crowns' Related (unless you're an impatient player which seems to be the case) about the update.

Just be patient, this is just to tide us over until all the bugs are worked out of the developer's side for Celestia to go into test.

Hero
May 19, 2009
791
Squire
Jul 08, 2009
592
I agree 100% with IamLezul.

I've played COUNTLESS amounts of RPG's. I noticed that they update their offers for a subscribtion. KI when was the last time you updated your perks to subscribers? Let me guess, the second day KI opened?

I've never seen a game that offers less to their subscribers.

Also I noticed that lots of people are quoting me talking about me being dumb unsubscribing. You know what? Read what I say and actually be a decent level and subscribe for more than five minuites before quoting me

So KI common. I understand you need money to keep Wizard101 running, but offering more to the average crowns player than the subscriber that pays WAY MORE.

Honestly, there isn't much 'Crowns' Related (unless you're an impatient player which seems to be the case) about the update. Something tells me you subscribed for 2 days because you obiously dont understand how us subscribers are penalized.


Explorer
Dec 18, 2008
76
IamLezul wrote:
What the heck is going on around here! First pets now "hatch" from an egg which is totally stupid and unrealistic. How can my ghost "hatch" from an egg? I believe animals are born when they come from an egg, unless I have turned wacko. I also believe my ghost is dead. So how, then, can my dead ghost suddenly get born again from an egg? Rubbish! (as Simon cowell would say.)

Then I have to wait 6 hours to wait until I can show off my banshee that I spent so much time on getting!

I already am mad as heck because the whole crowns thing, now KI has to torture me with this? Sheesh!

Yours (not) Truly,

A fed up player



Well your talking about stuff being unrealistic? But what game are you complaing about? I mean I don't remember seeing wizards riding dragons and holding staffs with wildabeasts following them, or casting wraiths and undead creatures or young wizards fighting tall people in a undead deserted city surrounded by lava...I don't that's just me speaking....and I like how they hatch it gives me time to think about it and something to look forward too.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
889
Johnist wrote:
I honestly enjoy having the Hatch time so I can decide whether or not I want to train the pet, use it as furniture, or sell the egg.

Honestly, there isn't much 'Crowns' Related (unless you're an impatient player which seems to be the case) about the update.

Just be patient, this is just to tide us over until all the bugs are worked out of the developer's side for Celestia to go into test.


Whoa whoa whoa. Do NOT call me "impatient". I have a Grandmaster Sorcerer that has been 50 for about 6 months now, a 48, one in MB, one in krok, and two almost to krok.

I have learned the ways of pvp. I've had fun and good friends. I have matured greatly game-wise since I first started playing.

I have played this game for almost two years, now, and I have seen it get bad. I have been SO patient, in fact, that I have continued to play this game for the last few months, even though I am and was about to burst all my guts out. I have been waiting all this time for KI to change their ways, and I have been quiet for the most part.

I know crowns. I knew crowns. I know the increase of the popularity crowns now have. So to call me "impatient" is garbage.

I am so fed up with this I could scream. My subscription ends August, 2nd. If these various problems don't clear up by then, I am leaving.....

...and I ain't coming back.

Some day you guys will all follow me and some other players in our footsteps.
Some day you will learn.
But saying more is useless and probably meaningless to you right now... so until then, I have nothing more to say.

Community Leader
I actualy like the ideal of hatching, and agree with John. It gives me time to decide what i am to do with each pet.

Survivor
May 25, 2010
4
I may not be 100%, but i think they were calling you impatient because you were flipping out over a 6 hour waiting period. regardless of how long you've been playing, it's only 6 hours, and even if you've been patient with the game makers for their lack of care for subscribers, you're still impatient on the waiting period. If it wasn't there, those who like to sell eggs couldn't, and plus, it's only six hours. and it's a game. I think if you're to the point of your guts bursting out, over a game, something is wrong, and it isn't the gamers fault. If you didn't like it that much for so long, don't wine about it, just unsubscribe.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
889
dood123456 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
What the heck is going on around here! First pets now "hatch" from an egg which is totally stupid and unrealistic. How can my ghost "hatch" from an egg? I believe animals are born when they come from an egg, unless I have turned wacko. I also believe my ghost is dead. So how, then, can my dead ghost suddenly get born again from an egg? Rubbish! (as Simon cowell would say.)

Then I have to wait 6 hours to wait until I can show off my banshee that I spent so much time on getting!

I already am mad as heck because the whole crowns thing, now KI has to torture me with this? Sheesh!

Yours (not) Truly,

A fed up player



Well your talking about stuff being unrealistic? But what game are you complaing about? I mean I don't remember seeing wizards riding dragons and holding staffs with wildabeasts following them, or casting wraiths and undead creatures or young wizards fighting tall people in a undead deserted city surrounded by lava...I don't that's just me speaking....and I like how they hatch it gives me time to think about it and something to look forward too.


Yah, I know its a game and its not real itself. But I myself (with lots of reading knowledge about wizards) know that the idea of a "wizarding world" has to do with all that magical stuff, where as a ghost coming out of an egg is off point.

Explorer
Dec 18, 2008
76
IamLezul wrote:
dood123456 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
What the heck is going on around here! First pets now "hatch" from an egg which is totally stupid and unrealistic. How can my ghost "hatch" from an egg? I believe animals are born when they come from an egg, unless I have turned wacko. I also believe my ghost is dead. So how, then, can my dead ghost suddenly get born again from an egg? Rubbish! (as Simon cowell would say.)

Then I have to wait 6 hours to wait until I can show off my banshee that I spent so much time on getting!

I already am mad as heck because the whole crowns thing, now KI has to torture me with this? Sheesh!

Yours (not) Truly,

A fed up player



Well your talking about stuff being unrealistic? But what game are you complaing about? I mean I don't remember seeing wizards riding dragons and holding staffs with wildabeasts following them, or casting wraiths and undead creatures or young wizards fighting tall people in a undead deserted city surrounded by lava...I don't that's just me speaking....and I like how they hatch it gives me time to think about it and something to look forward too.


Yah, I know its a game and its not real itself. But I myself (with lots of reading knowledge about wizards) know that the idea of a "wizarding world" has to do with all that magical stuff, where as a ghost coming out of an egg is off point.



Well yes that you have a point to, but how else would you like the ghost to hatch? I mean it's no problem to me if the undead come out of eggs if you ask me..

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
889
dood123456 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
dood123456 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
What the heck is going on around here! First pets now "hatch" from an egg which is totally stupid and unrealistic. How can my ghost "hatch" from an egg? I believe animals are born when they come from an egg, unless I have turned wacko. I also believe my ghost is dead. So how, then, can my dead ghost suddenly get born again from an egg? Rubbish! (as Simon cowell would say.)

Then I have to wait 6 hours to wait until I can show off my banshee that I spent so much time on getting!

I already am mad as heck because the whole crowns thing, now KI has to torture me with this? Sheesh!

Yours (not) Truly,

A fed up player



Well your talking about stuff being unrealistic? But what game are you complaing about? I mean I don't remember seeing wizards riding dragons and holding staffs with wildabeasts following them, or casting wraiths and undead creatures or young wizards fighting tall people in a undead deserted city surrounded by lava...I don't that's just me speaking....and I like how they hatch it gives me time to think about it and something to look forward too.


Yah, I know its a game and its not real itself. But I myself (with lots of reading knowledge about wizards) know that the idea of a "wizarding world" has to do with all that magical stuff, where as a ghost coming out of an egg is off point.



Well yes that you have a point to, but how else would you like the ghost to hatch? I mean it's no problem to me if the undead come out of eggs if you ask me..


I wouldn't like them to hatch at all. Dead or living. I think it is cheesey and dumb.

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
592
IamLezul wrote:
dood123456 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
dood123456 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
What the heck is going on around here! First pets now "hatch" from an egg which is totally stupid and unrealistic. How can my ghost "hatch" from an egg? I believe animals are born when they come from an egg, unless I have turned wacko. I also believe my ghost is dead. So how, then, can my dead ghost suddenly get born again from an egg? Rubbish! (as Simon cowell would say.)

Then I have to wait 6 hours to wait until I can show off my banshee that I spent so much time on getting!

I already am mad as heck because the whole crowns thing, now KI has to torture me with this? Sheesh!

Yours (not) Truly,

A fed up player


Well your talking about stuff being unrealistic? But what game are you complaing about? I mean I don't remember seeing wizards riding dragons and holding staffs with wildabeasts following them, or casting wraiths and undead creatures or young wizards fighting tall people in a undead deserted city surrounded by lava...I don't that's just me speaking....and I like how they hatch it gives me time to think about it and something to look forward too.


Yah, I know its a game and its not real itself. But I myself (with lots of reading knowledge about wizards) know that the idea of a "wizarding world" has to do with all that magical stuff, where as a ghost coming out of an egg is off point.



Well yes that you have a point to, but how else would you like the ghost to hatch? I mean it's no problem to me if the undead come out of eggs if you ask me..


I wouldn't like them to hatch at all. Dead or living. I think it is cheesey and dumb.
Word Dawg!

JK

I agree this whole hatching thing is overated

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
67
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:


JK

I agree this whole hatching thing is overated


My kid and I actually had an argument over the pet hatching. He finished up his level 48 death quests and got his wraith pet, only to find it was an egg with a hatch time of like 16 hours. I don't remember the hatch time, but I do remember that it was scheduled to hatch at 2am, and he wanted to stay up for it. He was like, "I've done all these quests, and I want to see my pet!" And I was like, "I get it! But you're still not staying up till 2am!" I dunno, maybe it's a lesson in patience. Or maybe it's just a new and interesting way to torture little kids. *sigh*

Defender
Feb 15, 2010
139
i cant believe your getting worked up over HATCHING seriously guys hatching is not the problem here wouldnt you be doing something else in your time anyways geez im not disaggreeing with the crown thing though that might be a problem and im not saying anyone is impatient here but just have the heart to wait ok? (i also kind of think that ghost hatching thing is stupid)

Defender
Aug 30, 2009
158
DarthNexus wrote:
better then waiting 9 months for your pet to be born


The longest egg hacth i've seen is one day. Where did you get this 9 months thing from? I personnaly like it.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2008
24
Squire
Jul 08, 2009
592
lisiedawn wrote:
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:


JK

I agree this whole hatching thing is overated


My kid and I actually had an argument over the pet hatching. He finished up his level 48 death quests and got his wraith pet, only to find it was an egg with a hatch time of like 16 hours. I don't remember the hatch time, but I do remember that it was scheduled to hatch at 2am, and he wanted to stay up for it. He was like, "I've done all these quests, and I want to see my pet!" And I was like, "I get it! But you're still not staying up till 2am!" I dunno, maybe it's a lesson in patience. Or maybe it's just a new and interesting way to torture little kids. *sigh*
I understand what you mean. I was babysitting my cousin while his mother has to do something. I was watching the fillipino channel when he was cheering.

So i asked him what was going on.

He said "my helephant is gonna hatch and be so awesome."

I said "cool...what time does it hatch?"

He said 3:50 AM

Here is what me (and probably him were feeling)

, , , :|

because he couldnt see his own pet hatch because he was supposed to be in bed by 9:00 sharp.

because i was trying to explain why he couldnt see his pet hatch

is the response that he had when i had to...let him know

:| because I was appuled he needed to wait like 6 hours to see his own pet.

I'm happy i got my orthrus before this because i am not the most paitent of people. And i felt bad that me and KI broke his heart.

Survivor
Jan 25, 2009
8
Its better then waiting 9 months till your egg hatches and the egg can hatch when you are not on wizards :-) :D lol lol rofl






Amy Gold Coin lvl49 Fire

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
594
zz00 wrote:
DarthNexus wrote:
better then waiting 9 months for your pet to be born


The longest egg hacth i've seen is one day. Where did you get this 9 months thing from? I personnaly like it.

9 months is the gestation period of humans and some other mamals

Explorer
Dec 13, 2008
91
zz00 wrote:
DarthNexus wrote:
better then waiting 9 months for your pet to be born


The longest egg hacth i've seen is one day. Where did you get this 9 months thing from? I personnaly like it.

It's not a hatch time. Nexus was refering to how long it takes for a human baby to be born. And now onto my actual post. (About Hatching)

1. If you think hatching out of an egg is cheesy, it's your problem. You forget you happen to be playing a game originally intended for children.
2. I'll give you that it seems a little dumb that a ghost comes out of and egg. Perhaps K.I. could have different ways of "Hatching" Say for a ghost, rising from a grave. Now a timer wouldn't work to well for that, so it could also have the "hatching" happen from different things. For example, the grave "hatching" could have you gather say, bones from skeltal pirates and bring them to Stormdrain Tower. This could also become more difficult the greater in rarity your pet is. This could potentially replace the extreme costs, instead of those costs, hard challenges. An example is collecting a dragon scale from the top of Malistaire's tower(Near the Dragon's Eye).
3. Hatching is too expensive.
That's my 2c
~Duncan Dragonsword

Survivor
May 30, 2010
6
I had to wait 6 hours myself. It wasn't hard to get the banshee though :/, got it on my first try ...

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
47
In my opinion all of you are proving different points on whether pets should be hatched in a decent amount of time. i personally...do care on SOME level because i agree with (whoever) said you work so hard to find out you won the pet! JUST KIDDING! you have to wait 18 hours '-_- that is one of the things that annoys me, also everyone has there own reasons why it is taking so long BECAUSE we all have different lives to live and different distractions...and i highly doubt that all of you that say - I HAVE TO WAIT 8 HOURS TO SEE MY PET- i really don't think your going to be on the computer for 8 hours strait...if you are...for heaven's sake take a break! (tehe! that rhymed :)) i think i have covered all that i want too...so ya
o and just to be part of the crowd...ghosts dont hatch...MAYBE! fight a monster that represents a soul! then once you kill it its a ghost! then you can keep it as a pet! :D omg i just thought of that!

Jeffrey Bluebreeze lvl 50 ice :)
Jeffrey Dawnbreaker lvl 50 life :D
Jeffrey Ashbreath lvl 33 fire 8^P

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
889
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
lisiedawn wrote:
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:


JK

I agree this whole hatching thing is overated


My kid and I actually had an argument over the pet hatching. He finished up his level 48 death quests and got his wraith pet, only to find it was an egg with a hatch time of like 16 hours. I don't remember the hatch time, but I do remember that it was scheduled to hatch at 2am, and he wanted to stay up for it. He was like, "I've done all these quests, and I want to see my pet!" And I was like, "I get it! But you're still not staying up till 2am!" I dunno, maybe it's a lesson in patience. Or maybe it's just a new and interesting way to torture little kids. *sigh*
I understand what you mean. I was babysitting my cousin while his mother has to do something. I was watching the fillipino channel when he was cheering.

So i asked him what was going on.

He said "my helephant is gonna hatch and be so awesome."

I said "cool...what time does it hatch?"

He said 3:50 AM

Here is what me (and probably him were feeling)

, , , :|

because he couldnt see his own pet hatch because he was supposed to be in bed by 9:00 sharp.

because i was trying to explain why he couldnt see his pet hatch

is the response that he had when i had to...let him know

:| because I was appuled he needed to wait like 6 hours to see his own pet.

I'm happy i got my orthrus before this because i am not the most paitent of people. And i felt bad that me and KI broke his heart.



Totally. I hate dissapointing my little brothers. The look on their face (which is a mixture of :x :( :-o ) makes me feel guilty sometimes. Like I was the trouble-maker and usually, I wasn't a single part of it.

KI, this is supposed to be a KIDS game. So why ruin it for them? There is no fun to the game if it ALL costs money, time, and effort.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
40
I agree, the Hatch time is LAME! It has nothing to do with "ghosts hatching from eggs", though. This is a fantasy game, after all.

No, my problem is with the time and energy that went into this part of the new pet system. Everywhere I look, I see problems with it. Incomplete explanations of how the attributes affect your pet, outrageous prices to hatch, and insane amounts of time invested in mini-games to level a pet to Epic are just a few of the things I've noticed. However, instead of paying attention to thier customer's game-play experience, King's Isle spent thier time programming a picture of an egg with a timer under it. Keep in mind, a game designer had to sit down and come up a table of hatch times for each and every pet. A programmer had to code it. There were meetings and consultations, etc, etc....

Couldn't this time have been better spent?

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
592
IamLezul wrote:
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
lisiedawn wrote:
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:


JK

I agree this whole hatching thing is overated


My kid and I actually had an argument over the pet hatching. He finished up his level 48 death quests and got his wraith pet, only to find it was an egg with a hatch time of like 16 hours. I don't remember the hatch time, but I do remember that it was scheduled to hatch at 2am, and he wanted to stay up for it. He was like, "I've done all these quests, and I want to see my pet!" And I was like, "I get it! But you're still not staying up till 2am!" I dunno, maybe it's a lesson in patience. Or maybe it's just a new and interesting way to torture little kids. *sigh*
I understand what you mean. I was babysitting my cousin while his mother has to do something. I was watching the fillipino channel when he was cheering.

So i asked him what was going on.

He said "my helephant is gonna hatch and be so awesome."

I said "cool...what time does it hatch?"

He said 3:50 AM

Here is what me (and probably him were feeling)

, , , :|

because he couldnt see his own pet hatch because he was supposed to be in bed by 9:00 sharp.

because i was trying to explain why he couldnt see his pet hatch

is the response that he had when i had to...let him know

:| because I was appuled he needed to wait like 6 hours to see his own pet.

I'm happy i got my orthrus before this because i am not the most paitent of people. And i felt bad that me and KI broke his heart.



Totally. I hate dissapointing my little brothers. The look on their face (which is a mixture of :x :( :-o ) makes me feel guilty sometimes. Like I was the trouble-maker and usually, I wasn't a single part of it.

KI, this is supposed to be a KIDS game. So why ruin it for them? There is no fun to the game if it ALL costs money, time, and effort.
Yeah now he hates me. He bit my hand about 3 times! man I have like 5 stiches. Dumb inherited shark like teeth!