Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I AM FURIOUS

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 30, 2009
Ok, I've been playing Wizard101 for about a year now. I love it to death! But, there are some things you need to fix ASAP.

1.) Gift Card Pets- I like Piggles, they're cut yeah, ok. I JUST redeemed a gift card for 10$ ( I know not much ) but still. It gave me 65 Wand Attack.
I payed MONEY for this, and all I get it is a lousy 65? I want more than that. I think, if you pay for crowns/subscription you should get how ever much amount that perticular gift card was Ex: 10$ 5,000? And, when someone redeems crowns they should get a Membership. This isn't even remotely FAIR on how you're treating us.

2.) Pet Hatching. Ok, so I went to the Pet Pavillion today to hatch with my Hydra with someone else. I got a wraith! Woo. I like that pet. This is my FIRST time ever hatching. I go to hatch, and it cost 42,580 gold. That's a lot. So, I click Ready, and we're done. Now, that was fun to have it done like that! But, I went to go check my pet to see what it was. It was ANOTHER Hydra. I am sick of this game.

Let me address these one at a time.

XMike551X wrote:
Ok, I've been playing Wizard101 for about a year now. I love it to death! But, there are some things you need to fix ASAP.

1.) Gift Card Pets- I like Piggles, they're cut yeah, ok. I JUST redeemed a gift card for 10$ ( I know not much ) but still. It gave me 65 Wand Attack.
I payed MONEY for this, and all I get it is a lousy 65? I want more than that. I think, if you pay for crowns/subscription you should get how ever much amount that perticular gift card was Ex: 10$ 5,000? And, when someone redeems crowns they should get a Membership. This isn't even remotely FAIR on how you're treating us.

The Gift Card purchased you the 1 month Pre-Paid Time or the 5000 Crowns, whichever you decided. That is the $10 value. The pet is a BONUS. You are not purchasing the pet, you are purchasing access to the game.
When you redeem the card, you are told exactly what you are getting up front, and you can check to see what you're going to get while still in the redemption process. The link brings you to this page: http://www.wizard101.com/game/giftcards where you can see exactly what you will receive as a bonus pet.
XMike551X wrote:

2.) Pet Hatching. Ok, so I went to the Pet Pavillion today to hatch with my Hydra with someone else. I got a wraith! Woo. I like that pet. This is my FIRST time ever hatching. I go to hatch, and it cost 42,580 gold. That's a lot. So, I click Ready, and we're done. Now, that was fun to have it done like that! But, I went to go check my pet to see what it was. It was ANOTHER Hydra. I am sick of this game.

Two things.
a) as we've repeatedly stated, and which is sticky-ed at the top of these message boards,
"You have a high chance of getting an offspring of your current pet and you have a small chance of getting a rare hybrid of the two pets.
You will not receive a pet from hatching that you cannot equip. "

b) the Hydra you received is NOT identical to the one you previously had, it will manifest different traits and talents.

Pet Hatching is not for everyone, some people really love the genetics behind mixing and matching and the thrill of wondering what you're going to get. Others don't find this fun, and this is why we have made Pet Hatching optional. Players are not required to participate in the Pet Pavilion at all, in any way, it's up to you whether or not you want to play that part of the game. It would seem from your comments that perhaps the Pet Pavilion is not to your liking, but we hope you'll stick around to enjoy all the other adventures that the Spiral has to offer, and soon you'll be swimming in Celestia!

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Delver
Apr 02, 2010
I am waiting for the next time a gift card has that Dragon that gives DragonBlade; zero pips and its +30% damage to the next hitting spell of any school. It was last sold in August.

You can use that pet with any character on your account. Compare that to the card that gives a pet that gives Storm Prism.

Another gift card you might like is the Sturdy Dragon that gives the Dryad card, but remember you are drained of all pips after casting. Its still Life school though, but if you are in a bind, getting a lump of health can be good.

That's why I am thinking Dragonblade is the way to go; you still are building up pips, about the only time you could not use it

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
The gift cards are going to continue being a source of contention as Wizard101 fails to care that players pay twice as much money to access the game this way than online through a credit card. Sure wizard101 probably brings in the same amount of money for each as stores take their percentage, but to those paying the money it seems like Wizard101 is all about themselves and care less about the players. The players know full well that digital goods costs nothing to replicate and the better stuff that is given on the cards makes us want to continue playing the game longer, and if its a really good pet everyone in the game will tend to have a version of it shortly after cause the card purchases will be mixing their pets with their friends.

As to your always recieving a hydra, all I can tell you there is that gold becomes easier to obtain at higher levels, expecially if you farm in good gold drop places, such as ravens.