Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How can you get rare pets?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 16, 2014
8
In the pet pavilion I have seen a lot of rare pets,but how do you get them? Are they boss drops or what? I have seen cyclops, purple fairies, ice cats, lost soul,and a lot more? Does any one know where I can get one? I am level 13 and a ice.

Historian
Aug 18, 2011
658
There are hundreds of pets. Many are drops, some are bought, most that you see with good talents have been hatched. The Wiki has a list with information about types of pets and where they come from. With only a few exceptions, you can get most pets by hatching regardless of the original source. There are a few that can not transfer in a hatch, and some others that are specific to one wizard school.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Pets

Defender
Oct 22, 2012
133
Anything from boss drops to hatching with other people. Easiest way is ask for a hatch.

Explorer
Jul 03, 2010
62
Good pets should be mostly pets that are purchased from crowns, which you can also get for free by hatching in the hatchery. School hybrid pets are just as rare and powerful. Boss drop pets can be very rare, so the easiest way is to hatch a pet with another person in the hatchery. Hope this helped!

Survivor
Apr 10, 2014
4
You can get pets from bosses, but only when theirs a update. Or hatch, if you have enough money.

From Abigail StarSong level 15

Defender
Jun 29, 2014
144
Can someone tell me what is the best pet that is (good, Can heal and give resist),
is sea dragon or sea turtle or any pets just good?

Carlos Nightrider wizard level 34

Squire
Nov 28, 2010
528
Many of the pets you're asking about I believe are pets that come from pre-paid cards. On the main menu, look under Playing Options and Pre-Paid Cards and you'll probably see the fairies, cyclops, and ice cats you're asking about. They typically change each month. The pets will often look the same, but they will be named something different and come with different cards (and talents?).

Survivor
Aug 16, 2014
8
Thanks guys for the help! Please meet me in the hatchery so we can hatch a pet.( I have a storm colossus pet)

Explorer
Mar 30, 2011
53
the best way to get a rare pet is to farm bosses or ask for a hatch

Hero
Sep 19, 2013
770
carlosmi11 on Sep 26, 2014 wrote:
Can someone tell me what is the best pet that is (good, Can heal and give resist),
is sea dragon or sea turtle or any pets just good?

Carlos Nightrider wizard level 34
No pet has perfect 1st gen talents. Any pet can become good, but most people tend to go for Rain Beetles for the item card. Hatch, hatch, hatch is all I can suggest. Find pets with good talents and hatch them together.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4120
Robobot1747 on Oct 2, 2014 wrote:
No pet has perfect 1st gen talents. Any pet can become good, but most people tend to go for Rain Beetles for the item card. Hatch, hatch, hatch is all I can suggest. Find pets with good talents and hatch them together.
Enchanted Armament is much more useful for it's cards for most schools.

Survivor
May 28, 2011
46
MollyOwlcloud on Sep 20, 2014 wrote:
In the pet pavilion I have seen a lot of rare pets,but how do you get them? Are they boss drops or what? I have seen cyclops, purple fairies, ice cats, lost soul,and a lot more? Does any one know where I can get one? I am level 13 and a ice.
Only one to get a rare pets from hatching to someone that's all I can recommend to you and good luck!

Survivor
Apr 10, 2014
4
If you want to get free pets, then you can get them from pre - paid game cards, bosses, hatching and farming Lord NightShade ( If you want to of course). Or, you could farm Winterbane, Pagoda or Spiral cup.

Hope that helped ya'll.

From Abigail StarSong level 17.

By the way you can find me in Wraith area 1 or 2.

Peace out.


Survivor
Apr 10, 2014
4
Ya'll wizards of Wizard City, hope you can add

I forgot about this but, ya'll can get pets from packs.

Hope it helped ya'll.

From Abigail StarSong level 18

By the way you can find me in Wraith area 1 2 or 3 or Wu area 1 or 3