Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help with Hatching

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 10, 2010
12
I'm a little confused about certain aspects of hatching.

Say I bred one of my totally ordinary pets with a crown shop pet, would I have the chance of getting that crown shop pet? So lets say I bred a Piggle with a Fuchsia Pixie, would I have a chance of breeding a Fuchsia Pixie for myself? Or would I just get an endless supply of Piggles? And would it matter if I bred using my own pets or with someone else's?

Also, I know School Only pets can breed with other school pets to get hybrids, but is there a chance of getting a School Only pet through breeding (Say if I'm a fire student, can I bred a Wraith pet?) - I'd assume not, because then they wouldn't really be School Only pets, but it's worth asking! I love collection pets so much

Thank you!

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
1305
If you are Death and hatched a Wraith with another Life wizard's Forest Lord, you would get your Wraith back every time, because you cannot get another school-only pet that is not your school.

About 99% of the hatches with two different pets, you will get one or the other pet, or there might be a hybrid (but only if you have the correct pets to do so). The other 1% or less are the pets that you cannot hatch and get another one (ie: Purple Rain Beetle, Frankie Forearms). In this case, you may get another pet (ie: Blue Rain Beetle, Scorpion).

With a Pink Piggle and a Fuchsia Pixie, you have a 50/50 chance of getting one or the other. There are no hybrids with this combo.

You may hatch with your own pets, or look for someone in the hatchery with some talents you might be interested in transferring over to your new pet.