Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help Wanted!!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 27, 2012
Ok so Ive been reading a ton of guides and kinda get how to do this but still not 100%. I have all the talents for my proof, defy, fairy, unicorn, pain-giver super pet except defy (which I can get whenever I want), but they are all on different pets. Im looking for an alert hound with those talents but dont know how to get them on one pet. Do I just keep hatching and training until I get them all? Also, say I get proff and fairy on my first hatch, when I hatch again for unicorn, should I train to ancient to make sure I get it, and if not try again?

Thanks for the help,
Nicholas Ravenblood

Survivor
Apr 07, 2013
Seth Lifeblood Nic... on Jan 24, 2014 wrote:
Ok so Ive been reading a ton of guides and kinda get how to do this but still not 100%. I have all the talents for my proof, defy, fairy, unicorn, pain-giver super pet except defy (which I can get whenever I want), but they are all on different pets. Im looking for an alert hound with those talents but dont know how to get them on one pet. Do I just keep hatching and training until I get them all? Also, say I get proff and fairy on my first hatch, when I hatch again for unicorn, should I train to ancient to make sure I get it, and if not try again?

Thanks for the help,
Nicholas Ravenblood
you should probably check the wizard101 wiki for information on that.

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
Personally, I'll train my pet right up until he gets a useless/selfish talent, or manifests the talents I want, then I'll either take a step back and re breed the parents( if the selfish comes up), or breed that one against one of the parents who I know has the talent I'm looking for(If the traits are good).
If the pet trains all the way to Mega without getting a selfish, but still does not manifest the talent I want, back to the pet who does have it.

Defender
Oct 27, 2013
Seth Lifeblood Nic... on Jan 24, 2014 wrote:

Thanks for the help,
Nicholas Ravenblood
the chance is NOT 100%. it depends on the stats. so if you train will you can get a random may cast.

but a pet talent you want is 45% at teen, 30% at adult, 20% and ancient, 15% at epic and 10% at mega.

every time a pet lvl up the xp needed is x2. so a mega pet will have 4.5 k pet xp

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
If you are training for specific talents, you should know before training if the pet hatched has the potential for all the talents. The pet genome is mapped. You can tell by the order of talents what they have. There's no point in training it at all if it doesn't have the potential to start with. For example, I know when I see in the middle of my pet's talents Epic, Rare, Rare, Uncommon that those 4 talents in a row are Proof, Spritely, Defy, Fairy. So I know that pet might be worth training.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
When you say train to ancient i think that takes too much time. If my pet doesn't get what i want by adult i just trash the pet and hatch the pets 2 pets that have the stats i want.

Travis SpellBreath Lvl 93