Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatching same pet talents

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 31, 2010
Hello. I hatched an egg using 2 pets that had the same talents in the 4, 5, 6 and 7 slot. When I look at the new pet the talents in those slots cannot be the same because they are different levels of talents. Let me explain. In the 4-7 slots both pets that I used to hatch had Epic, Uncommon, Uncommon and Common talents. The new pet has Epic, Epic, Common and Uncommon talents in those same slots. How is this possible? Since the 2 pets I used to hatch were the only ones I had in my backpack I know I didn't use another pet.

Please help. I can't see how this is possible.

Miranda Fairytamer

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
The talents don't always stay in the same "slot" and may move up or down a slot or two in the order. I've seen it happen a lot, but the best example I can give is from last week; this particular hatch involved two pets that both had Fairy Friend manifested in slot 7. Their offspring inherited and manifested Fairy Friend in slot 6, one slot up.

Miranda Nightsinger, Archmage Necromancer
Scarlet Windhammer, Journeyman Pyromancer

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Talents don't have a certain "slot". They have an order of where they appear in relation to one another is all. For example, I have several pets with Spell Proof, Spritely, Spell Defying, and Fairy Friend. Those talents Always appear in the same order, but they could be slots 3-6 or 5-8 or 7-10 depending what other talents are inherited. It's the order that remains the same, not the slot number.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
Survivor
May 31, 2010
Thanks Miranda, that helps a lot. I will train and see what happens.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Unless both of your pets have the exact same talents in every single slot, there are going to be differences when you hatch.

It doesn't matter if you have the same talents in the 4-7 slots on both pets. If both pets have a variety of other talents in the 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 10 slots, you may get a mixture of both, in which case, it can throw off your 4-7 slots and completely mess up your talent grouping.

That's why people talk about hatching over and over and over again to get the right talents in the right spots. Once that happens, then it's the joy of hatching umpteen million times (or so it seems) to get the right talents manifested ..... LOL

Brynn

Handler and tamer of a variety of 250 stat pets