Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatching Pricing, Energy Refill, Exp Gain

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 02, 2010
10
The 3 things listed in the subject title are all what would make this new pet expansion either exclusive to a few or great for the masses.

If anything they should change the pricing to where the highest price may be 15k for rares and average price closer to 3 to 7k. That would make it something people could handle on a regular basis. Say for instance you have one person who's played for a year plus and he has a friend who's only played for a few weeks, if they decide to hatch his rare and the friends common, the friend can afford it. 15k is high for the friend to just get a common he could buy at the pet store for 400g, but at least it's better than 90k he struggled to get in the first place.

Energy refill takes too long, if you are one of those that love the pet minigames, then you can play until you're energy is done and then have to wait forever for a refill, maybe change the price from crowns to gold for energy refill since not every parent is going to give their child crowns just to keep playing pet minigames. And people who can afford crowns may or may not even want to spend them just for an energy refill. If you don't make it refillable by using gold, at least make the time it takes to fill it more like 1 minute per point and not 10 minutes per point, the regen just needs to be faster. Another thought is to have energy exclusive to each pet, so if you use up all of one pet, you can switch to another pet and keep playing.

The experience gains are too small from the minigames for those that don't want to spend all day playing the pet minigames. A good idea I've seen and have commented on myself is to have the pets gain experience from duels. For those that would rather quest, do dungeons, help friends or what not, they could still enjoy their pets and the expansion without having to skip out on those to do so. The experience games from duels is minimal enough from duels that you wouldn't even have to take a percentage off from the gains. Make it to where quest experience isn't given to the pet and you have a way to have the pet grow for the masses.

Hopefully this will help as 2 of the 3 at least have been a common theme in and outside of the game.

Defender
May 29, 2009
197
I like your ideas and hope that KI considers them or something along similar lines. I have about 40 different pets that I am trying to find out what kind of snacks they like and being able to play only 6 games at a time before buying a refill is kinda steep. Especially when I spent well over 90,000 gold just for the snacks, reagents, crafting cards, etc.

I am not sure how long the test realm is going to be open and I do not know if the energy refills during real life time or game time. It would also be nice if it increased like our health and mana or if there were wisps floating around, too.

Alura Hexcaster Grandmaster Sorceress

Survivor
Apr 02, 2010
10
As for favorite foods, I was thinking along the lines of the snack foods being listed with a star for like or two stars for liked in the top right or left corner so if you have a lot of random snacks you know what your pet likes.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
20
I agree with all of those! The Pet Pavilion rocks and all, but those 3 things are just a pain in my side when I'm in it! Come on Kingsisle, listen! We want those things to be changed! I thought you listened to your players' advice!

Administrator
Merlin253 wrote:
I agree with all of those! The Pet Pavilion rocks and all, but those 3 things are just a pain in my side when I'm in it! Come on Kingsisle, listen! We want those things to be changed! I thought you listened to your players' advice!


Young Wizard, if you'd bothered to read the Big Thank You and More to Come post by Professor Greyrose you'd know that we are listening.
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/18031.ftl


{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Apr 02, 2010
10
They just tweaked energy refill but it is still way too slow, another suggestion I came up with is to have the derby be a way to refill energy, or have the pet pavillion or your home be places where energy regeneration is a lot faster than anywhere else.

Survivor
Apr 02, 2010
10
After continuing to play test, and after the reset, these 3 topics still seem to be a common complaint amongst players. If there are no plans to change them, can we get some reasononing from KI behind why they are the way they are?

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
940
You people complaining about how long it takes for the energy to refill, or how little the experience is need to think on this: it is not their intention that you be able to go from egg to epic in a single day (not even a week)!

Just as your wizard progresses slowly from a rank 1 to Grandmaster, so to does your pet improve.

The only real legitimate gripe here is the astonomical price it takes to create your pet, especially since the rewards are extremely random.

With mounts ranging from 50K to 90K for a permanent, and school houses at 100K, I feel that KI needs to rethink their gold pricing policy. Perhaps by cutting these and hatching prices in half.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
835
actually they fixed th xp a tiny tiny bit. If you feed your pet a snack it likes/loves, and the snack doesnt increase power, they will get 1 free power point (power is the one that can only increase by snacks). I submitted that idea lol

Survivor
Jan 02, 2010
3
Concerning the regeneration of pet energy, I think that there should be little green wisps floating around the pet pavillion. They would be just like the other wisps, but refill your pet's energy. Tell me what you think!

Survivor
Dec 24, 2009
2
crazysquirrel12 wrote:
Concerning the regeneration of pet energy, I think that there should be little green wisps floating around the pet pavillion. They would be just like the other wisps, but refill your pet's energy. Tell me what you think!


maybe not just in the pet pavillion, but everywhere. some areas only have red wisps while others have a mix. why not have a random chance that a green wisp would appear in the place of either a blue or red anywhere in the game. and when i say random i don't mean .0001% chance or 2% chance. 10-25% would seem fair to me. not rare enough that only the dedicated few with nothing but time on their hands could get them but not common enough that someone could spend an entire day in the pet pavillion training their pet with only 5-10 minutes of downtime.

Survivor
Dec 03, 2008
8
Preacher7719 wrote:
You people complaining about how long it takes for the energy to refill, or how little the experience is need to think on this: it is not their intention that you be able to go from egg to epic in a single day (not even a week)!

Just as your wizard progresses slowly from a rank 1 to Grandmaster, so to does your pet improve.

The only real legitimate gripe here is the astonomical price it takes to create your pet, especially since the rewards are extremely random.

With mounts ranging from 50K to 90K for a permanent, and school houses at 100K, I feel that KI needs to rethink their gold pricing policy. Perhaps by cutting these and hatching prices in half.


I agree with what you say, except for the part about it taking a week to go from egg to epic, and comparing that to your char's leveling and ranking up. The game is called "Wizard 101". This game is not called Neopets. This is not suposted to be fully focused, for weeks or even months, soly on your pet, and nothing else. If you wanted to go from egg to epic in 1 week, you would have to dedicate all your gaming time to only the pet, and nothing more. Then after that weeks time, you are now being told that it's going to cost 80k-90k in gold which you don't have since all your time went to your pet, and not to fighting and all your gold went to food for your pet.

I play wizards personally to duel, fight, battle, and run missions/dungeons etc. i don't login and play for the purpose of runing massive amounts of mini-games. If this was a giant set of mini-games, then I wouldn't be playing to begin with. I could be wrong, but i think others will agree with me on that.

I personally will refuse to play anything involving the pets, because I dont login for 4-5 hrs (for some, being 6-7 hrs) to play a ton of minigames to only end up with a gold-sink that takes so much gold that i can't afford to combine them at all. the money, and the purchase on crowns for me is not worth anything with the pets, untill they change things around. Yea, the idea is great, and the new area is fine ,but the fact that it's just not enjoyable at all is bothering me. I'm saying this as a player, that has allready spent 2000 crowns on pets, and I have 2 adults, tried to combine them, and i'm stuck with having to get 68500 gold. and that was for normal pets, NOT rare ones. it was simple store bought ones, that I was testing it with.

Also, from my understanding, if I took my gift-card pet and brount him up to adult, and combined him, will the new pet have 2 cards or only one? if it has 2 cards, then i could see the reason to cost 50-60k, but not if it's only going to have one, and you don't even know which of the cards you will get, so it's rather anoying, and pointless. Someone is always going to feel jipped.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
940
I didn't not say it took a week. Read it again.

I too will have nothing to do with the Pet Pavillion other than to get the talk-to quests out of my book. A pet should gain experience ONLY by being equiped to it's owner while the owner is out fighting and/or doing quests.

Repeating dance moves, catching falling objects or being shot out of a cannon in order to gain experience and age is completely IDIOTIC.

Survivor
Dec 03, 2008
8
Preacher7719 wrote:
I didn't not say it took a week. Read it again.

I too will have nothing to do with the Pet Pavillion other than to get the talk-to quests out of my book. A pet should gain experience ONLY by being equiped to it's owner while the owner is out fighting and/or doing quests.

Repeating dance moves, catching falling objects or being shot out of a cannon in order to gain experience and age is completely IDIOTIC.


lol, true true! =)
hope you didn't think i was bashing on you or anything, it's just that this whole pet topic is really bothering me. I mean, I really really had high hopes, and thought the pets would add a whole new game play to mess around with, being able to combine pets, level them up, etc. but it seems like it's currently just a waste of time, I mean I finally have 2 of the most basic pets "2 of the cyclops". got them both to adult, and even then, it costs 58,540 gold to combine them, I mean seriously?! Not only the fact of HOW we are forced to level them up, as the reason i created another post asking for other options to level up pets, and to get feed back and all. So, in the nutshell, sorry of i came off aggressive, I'm just rather upset over all this pet stuff as it could have had allot of promise. I guess there might still be promise, but not with how it is currently, that's just how i feel is all, nothing more. Kind of sad really, hope someone is done and the pets aren't just forgotten about with all this work done on this new addition.

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
132
AlecVolterra wrote:
actually they fixed th xp a tiny tiny bit. If you feed your pet a snack it likes/loves, and the snack doesnt increase power, they will get 1 free power point (power is the one that can only increase by snacks). I submitted that idea lol


Actually, once your power is maxed, you no longer get that xp point. I've been a bit worried that this means that when my pet's stats max, he can no longer gain XP. :-(

Survivor
Jan 18, 2010
10
Temil2005 wrote:
Preacher7719 wrote:
I didn't not say it took a week. Read it again.

I too will have nothing to do with the Pet Pavillion other than to get the talk-to quests out of my book. A pet should gain experience ONLY by being equiped to it's owner while the owner is out fighting and/or doing quests.

Repeating dance moves, catching falling objects or being shot out of a cannon in order to gain experience and age is completely IDIOTIC.


lol, true true! =)
hope you didn't think i was bashing on you or anything, it's just that this whole pet topic is really bothering me. I mean, I really really had high hopes, and thought the pets would add a whole new game play to mess around with, being able to combine pets, level them up, etc. but it seems like it's currently just a waste of time, I mean I finally have 2 of the most basic pets "2 of the cyclops". got them both to adult, and even then, it costs 58,540 gold to combine them, I mean seriously?! Not only the fact of HOW we are forced to level them up, as the reason i created another post asking for other options to level up pets, and to get feed back and all. So, in the nutshell, sorry of i came off aggressive, I'm just rather upset over all this pet stuff as it could have had allot of promise. I guess there might still be promise, but not with how it is currently, that's just how i feel is all, nothing more. Kind of sad really, hope someone is done and the pets aren't just forgotten about with all this work done on this new addition.


Yes I had high hopes too. But i hope they will listen. I want these same things plus a price reduce to 10% of the original price.

- Noah DuskMender
lvl 46 (almost 47)
Ice
add me i am normally on wu

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
3
do you really so much gold to mix cause i got for thousand

Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
2
I have read this board and fully agree with 90% of what was said. I amtrying to figure out the same question regarding the cards issue. I wouldn't mind a new pet as long as it gets the dragonblade card my current pet has. But if it is a complete gamble on what card you get then why bother. Also, when the pet boost is +25 to strength and agillity and does not help my wizard in a duel what is its purpose?

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
1
JadedDeath wrote:
I have read this board and fully agree with 90% of what was said. I amtrying to figure out the same question regarding the cards issue. I wouldn't mind a new pet as long as it gets the dragonblade card my current pet has. But if it is a complete gamble on what card you get then why bother. Also, when the pet boost is +25 to strength and agillity and does not help my wizard in a duel what is its purpose?

well, it would be to have you pet win more races, which would help ranking, other than that, kingsisle just messed up I:

Survivor
Oct 17, 2008
17
ctobor3 wrote:
JadedDeath wrote:
I have read this board and fully agree with 90% of what was said. I amtrying to figure out the same question regarding the cards issue. I wouldn't mind a new pet as long as it gets the dragonblade card my current pet has. But if it is a complete gamble on what card you get then why bother. Also, when the pet boost is +25 to strength and agillity and does not help my wizard in a duel what is its purpose?

well, it would be to have you pet win more races, which would help ranking, other than that, kingsisle just messed up I:

I've seen people put this on other topics, but if they have a bonus, such as one to health, the stats actually make the bonus larger. You have to look at this in different directions. I mean, can you imagine a pet giving you a bonus to 4 different things? Plus a card for some? I rarely see equipment that does that. Oh and bye the way, it's called Tireless. My storm beetle has it. ;)

Survivor
Feb 11, 2009
9
yahoo301 wrote:
Temil2005 wrote:
Preacher7719 wrote:
I didn't not say it took a week. Read it again.

I too will have nothing to do with the Pet Pavillion other than to get the talk-to quests out of my book. A pet should gain experience ONLY by being equiped to it's owner while the owner is out fighting and/or doing quests.

Repeating dance moves, catching falling objects or being shot out of a cannon in order to gain experience and age is completely IDIOTIC.


lol, true true! =)
hope you didn't think i was bashing on you or anything, it's just that this whole pet topic is really bothering me. I mean, I really really had high hopes, and thought the pets would add a whole new game play to mess around with, being able to combine pets, level them up, etc. but it seems like it's currently just a waste of time, I mean I finally have 2 of the most basic pets "2 of the cyclops". got them both to adult, and even then, it costs 58,540 gold to combine them, I mean seriously?! Not only the fact of HOW we are forced to level them up, as the reason i created another post asking for other options to level up pets, and to get feed back and all. So, in the nutshell, sorry of i came off aggressive, I'm just rather upset over all this pet stuff as it could have had allot of promise. I guess there might still be promise, but not with how it is currently, that's just how i feel is all, nothing more. Kind of sad really, hope someone is done and the pets aren't just forgotten about with all this work done on this new addition.


Yes I had high hopes too. But i hope they will listen. I want these same things plus a price reduce to 10% of the original price.

- Noah DuskMender
lvl 46 (almost 47)
Ice
add me i am normally on wu
I would say 30 percent not ten that means to level 48 pets would cost 10k anyway i agree w101 need to listen look how many people used to be in the pet park loads now not many GET THE PRICE DOWN