Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatching

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 16, 2010
Hello 8)

I was wondering if I get the same pet when I hatch with another same type of pet eg. If a dragon and another dragon hatch, will a new dragon eggdefinitely be created?

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
It does with an exception. Promo pets will never be the result of a mix, you will never get a promo pet, only the promo pets hybrid form.

Survivor
May 21, 2010
ya i alway get the same pet when i hatch why wont i get a different pet??????????????? plz give me a different pet i got like 5 orthurs's, i want a different pet, i try over and over and over and get the same pet, i dont have enough gold to get the same pet i dont want to get a zoo of orthrus's. so all i am saying is plz just give me a different pet when i hatch :)

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
vice655 wrote:
Hello 8)
I was wondering if I get the same pet when I hatch with another same type of pet eg. If a dragon and another dragon hatch, will a new dragon eggdefinitely be created?

You will get a standard dragon, unless of course you used Pioneer dragons, then you will get Frontier dragons.

Survivor
May 31, 2009
Hero
Aug 23, 2009
The resulting pet will be new in the sense the traits of the parents have combined, however, it will most likely not create a new looking pet; hybrid pets are rarer hatches that can take multiple hatchings to achieve. Good luck.