Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

good pets for ice wizards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 11, 2012
I will be telling you about witch pets are best for ice wizards. There are 5 of them. This is not in order of best to worst.
1. Starfish: This pet is from the pet vendor of CL base camp. This pet has snowborn (gives blizzard spell) and spritely (may cast sprite). Cost: 10000 gold
2. Pet egg: This pet has the same trainable abilities as Starfish but gives tower shield. Cost: 2000 crowns
3. Sea Dragon: This pet is fire but is good for all schools. It gives may cast peirce, tower shield, pierce, remove charm, spritely, and a lot of other good stuff. Cost: 12,something crowns
4. Ice Wyvern: This pet is from level 58 quest for ice only. It gives a lot of stuff that you need to buff your spells. For example: may cast iceblade, may cast ice trap and spritely. It also has an ancient wyvern spell.
5. White Winter Owl: It has tower shield and may cast tower shield. If trained to mega it is pretty good. Cost: 3500 crowns or 35000 gold.
So that's all of them. Richard level 54

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
swashguy on Jun 16, 2014 wrote:
I will be telling you about witch pets are best for ice wizards. There are 5 of them. This is not in order of best to worst.
1. Starfish: This pet is from the pet vendor of CL base camp. This pet has snowborn (gives blizzard spell) and spritely (may cast sprite). Cost: 10000 gold
2. Pet egg: This pet has the same trainable abilities as Starfish but gives tower shield. Cost: 2000 crowns
3. Sea Dragon: This pet is fire but is good for all schools. It gives may cast peirce, tower shield, pierce, remove charm, spritely, and a lot of other good stuff. Cost: 12,something crowns
4. Ice Wyvern: This pet is from level 58 quest for ice only. It gives a lot of stuff that you need to buff your spells. For example: may cast iceblade, may cast ice trap and spritely. It also has an ancient wyvern spell.
5. White Winter Owl: It has tower shield and may cast tower shield. If trained to mega it is pretty good. Cost: 3500 crowns or 35000 gold.
So that's all of them. Richard level 54
1. The Starfish may give spritely or snowborn, but it also may not. I have a bunch of these (they are also available from one of the packs) and not ONE has learned spritely.
3. Again, the talents MAY appear
4. and again, MAY get the talents you state. Mine got none of those.

And that is not all of them by a long shot.
All ice pets are listed at the link below.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:First_Generation_Ice_Pets

Defender
Aug 11, 2013
The best pets for each wizard depends on not just the school, but playing style. I ran a lot of fire pets up until recently, because even though I have life as my secondary I had a fire mastery amulet. Now I have a life so I'm training up a couple of life pets.[tree serpent and rain gnome..the storm hybrid for gnome]
What I'm running with right now is grim horn I hatched with someone for that I have up to epic. it's got proof, ward wrecker[may cast shatter] fairy friend [may cast fairy] and it got may cast fire blade from the pet I used in the hatching...one of my dozen or so tarantula hawks. I hatched that grimhorn with another wizards pet and don't even remember what that pet was. however I have a second grimhorn now that has fairy friend AND maycast dragon blade. Which I wanted. Again it all depends on what you want your pet to do. First generation pets are okay but to get a truly good one you have invest time, gold and if you want to do it fast...crowns. lots of em.