Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Failed Pets

AuthorMessage
Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Okay, I am really really really really angry about my pets failing. Everyone is like "Oh, my pets fail all the time, get used to it." I was used to it, until I hatched a fail pet of mine with a friend who also had a fail pet. Guess what... they got the pet I was going for, on the first try. Is there any possible way that KingsIsle could fix this broken pet making system. At least make it easier to train your pets. Come on, this is RIDICULOUS.

Defender
Jun 23, 2016
Need to understand what you mean by failed? If I read your post correctly you are referencing the non-Gen1 pets. I have learned one thing from making advanced pets. The higher the level the less likely of a true failure. I know my Adult pets give me more failures than one epic when I hatch them with another epic.

Just some insight.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Andhanni on Dec 11, 2016 wrote:
Need to understand what you mean by failed? If I read your post correctly you are referencing the non-Gen1 pets. I have learned one thing from making advanced pets. The higher the level the less likely of a true failure. I know my Adult pets give me more failures than one epic when I hatch them with another epic.

Just some insight.
By fail I mean the wrong talent, for example, the critical talent is sticking to all my pets. I hatched a double resist pet of mine with a full on ward pet with someone and the new pet got a damage talent and critical talent. I am sick of this broken pet system.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Sadly pet hatching requires a lot of time, gold and most of all patience. If you are methodical about it you can succeed. Check out central there are lots of pet hatching guides that will help you figure out a method to use for the best chances of success.