Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Enchanted Armament or Fire Armament?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 11, 2014
Hey, recently I've come back to this game and have continued my fire. I am now level 34, and plan to reach about level 50. I'm wanting to get a pet for general use and maybe pvp. Currently I have an Enchanted Armament with no fire talents and was wondering what I should do. Should I try to hatch it to get fire talents or switch to a Fire Armament or maybe a completely different pet? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Survivor
May 27, 2017
Use the enchanted armament. The sharpened blades cards it gives are insanely useful, especially at lower levels. If you’re looking for fire talents you should just hatch it with a fire armament. But it depends on exactly what talents you’re looking for.

The most useful talent that Fire armament gives is Fire-Dealer (up to 10% fire damage). You probably don’t actually need a fire armament for that, because there are other pets that also give it. I recommend finding out what other talents you want, then checking the hatchery for pets that give as many of the ones you want as possible. Like a lot of people want triple damage talents (Pain Giver, Pain Dealer, Fire Dealer) plus Spell Proof. Other people want a couple healing talents like May Cast Unicor/Fairy.

You could also try making a pet from scratch (starting with all 1st generation pets). That’s a pretty difficult way to go, but it can be very satisfying and it will be WAY easier to predict what talents your pets will get.

Lastly, don’t worry too much about getting the best pet talents yet. Trying to make your perfect pet will cost hundreds of thousands of gold so you shouldn’t worry about trying to get all the talents you want until later in the game when you have a nice consistent gold income (usually from something like massive Stinkweed gardens). The Enchamted armament is good enough to last you a very long time even without decent talents! Just train it up to Mega so you get all 3 sharpened blade cards and you’ll beset for a long time.