Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do Snacks affect how epic a talent is?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 17, 2011
I heard that if you feed a pet a snack that they like/love, then they have a higher chance of giving you epic or ultra-rare talents. I have 2 questions, is this true, and if it is, do you have proof(as in pictures of a pet you have that gave you those talents from only giving them snacks they loved or liked). I have tried this on 2 pets, the first one got an uncommon ability, so that was a fail. The second one gave me an ultra-rare ability, so that was a success. But that doesn't answer if it's true or not if it only happens 50% of the time(not an accurate test to state it happens 50% of the time, just using it as an example). I would like to know so i don't have to keep farming for certain snacks if it isn't even true. Help is much appreciated, thank you in advanced.
~Chase EarthBlade level 72+ Death Wizard

Historian
Aug 18, 2011
No. Snacks and games do not have any effect on what talents your pet unlocks. Talents are 100% determined at hatch.

Explorer
Feb 19, 2013
Hi,

I agree, nothing you do will make any difference at all.

I used the maze game and did not eat anything, just let it time out every time. I ended up with a pet that has 4 may cast healing spells. Fed regular snacks, Shanta pudding and Guava through Ancient, then Mega snacks.

Hoping someday to get may cast life bat on it.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2011
Prince of Shadows on Nov 11, 2013 wrote:
No. Snacks and games do not have any effect on what talents your pet unlocks. Talents are 100% determined at hatch.
Thank you for your input, now I can focus on hatching more pets, and less about what snacks I give them.