Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Confused

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 29, 2014
144
How do you really make your pet may cast thing and give you a resist? And does the game affect your pet
if so..... What game should I play to train my pet.?

If the game won't affect the pet!
I have a freind said you just have to hatch with someone?

My opinion
But what I think is just hatch with someone that has the same pet with you and that will be a hybird one?

If you guys don't get what I post is heres a example
You have a sea dragon and you trained him to adult and you didn't get a good stats... Just hatch with someone that has a sea dragon to and the son of those pet will have a healing and resist and thing.

If my opinion is wrong what is really?

Please help!

Squire
Sep 07, 2011
593
All pets start with a pool of 10 talents and 10 derby abilities. When you train, you unlock one of each at every level. First generation pets -- those we buy or get as drops or quest rewards -- have a set pool. You can look on the Wiki to see what those are, but remember you'll only unlock 5/10 at random, so you never know exactly what you get.

When you hatch, the baby gets a mix of talents, abilities, and stat attributes from both parents. The best way to get all the things you want is to hatch with pets that have them. It usually takes a few generations or more to get everything on one pet, but it can be done.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4933
carlosmi11 on Oct 7, 2014 wrote:
How do you really make your pet may cast thing and give you a resist? And does the game affect your pet
if so..... What game should I play to train my pet.?

If the game won't affect the pet!
I have a freind said you just have to hatch with someone?

My opinion
But what I think is just hatch with someone that has the same pet with you and that will be a hybird one?

If you guys don't get what I post is heres a example
You have a sea dragon and you trained him to adult and you didn't get a good stats... Just hatch with someone that has a sea dragon to and the son of those pet will have a healing and resist and thing.

If my opinion is wrong what is really?

Please help!
1. You have no control over what talents your pet will get, even with hatching. The talents are set randomly.
Hatching with the same pet as yours will not get a true hybrid, it will result in the same pet with possibly better (or worse) talents and stats.

2. It doesn't matter what game you play to train your pet; the talents are already there and won't magically change it you do the dance game or if you do the maze game.

3. there are no guarantees in training or hatching pets. I have a bunch of pets that have the may cast spritely talent... but a lot of them have never learned the talent at all - even at epic.

Survivor
May 28, 2014
38
If you use 2 first generation Sea Dragons as the parents for a hatch, the result will be a Sea Dragon that would have a mix of abilities, but since there are only 10 in the pool then I guess it would have all 10.

As you train it, then you hope to get lucky and manifest the abilities you want from that pool.

People commonly train to adult, and if they don't get abilities they want, start over. That is because training gets very slow past adult.

Defender
Jun 29, 2014
144
RavenLady777 on Oct 7, 2014 wrote:
1. You have no control over what talents your pet will get, even with hatching. The talents are set randomly.
Hatching with the same pet as yours will not get a true hybrid, it will result in the same pet with possibly better (or worse) talents and stats.

2. It doesn't matter what game you play to train your pet; the talents are already there and won't magically change it you do the dance game or if you do the maze game.

3. there are no guarantees in training or hatching pets. I have a bunch of pets that have the may cast spritely talent... but a lot of them have never learned the talent at all - even at epic.
Well Do you guys think sea dragon is a okay pet?

Survivor
May 28, 2014
38
The sea dragon is a very good pet. It has no selfish abilities.

it is listed as fire, but none of the abilities are school specific, so any wizard could use it.

it might get some of my favorites, spritely and pip o plenty. But it might not, have to train it to see which of the 10 you will get.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4116
carlosmi11 on Oct 8, 2014 wrote:
Well Do you guys think sea dragon is a okay pet?
Sea Dragon is probably the best starter pet in the game with MC Spritely, Spell Proof, MC Pierce, Pain Giver. Even if you don't keep one as your main pet, you'll want one in your hatching pool for the talents.

Defender
Jun 29, 2014
144
Defender
Jun 29, 2014
144
RavenLady777 on Oct 7, 2014 wrote:
1. You have no control over what talents your pet will get, even with hatching. The talents are set randomly.
Hatching with the same pet as yours will not get a true hybrid, it will result in the same pet with possibly better (or worse) talents and stats.

2. It doesn't matter what game you play to train your pet; the talents are already there and won't magically change it you do the dance game or if you do the maze game.

3. there are no guarantees in training or hatching pets. I have a bunch of pets that have the may cast spritely talent... but a lot of them have never learned the talent at all - even at epic.
Do you have a pet that has spell defy, spell proof and fairy if so will you hatch with me please will you?