Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can you please improve the gift card pets

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
It costs players twice as much money to play this game with gift cards rather than credit cards, yet many players including myself would rather not have credit card debt to play an online game. Those who pay twice as much to play this game as any other find themselves penalized by never having global chat and by never being able to have as much credits as everyone else spending a fewer amount. This is pure greed on the part of Wizard101 as Wizard101 should be happy that players are spending money on the game and not on the amount they put into their pockets. Sure stores may take their percentage to sell such cards to people, but we are talking about digital goods that actually cost nothing for Wizard101 to make.

The only thing that Wizard101 does to offset the excessive cost to gift card buyers is to give them a new pet with each gift card purchase, unforetunaly these pets are somewhat weak and are largely never used as they aren't really playable or of a useful school to players at all.

It would be nice if those who buy gift cards had the same amount of credits and benifits as those who use credit cards as we feel kind of abused by the discrimination.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2010
as i live in the united kingdom, gift cards arent available to me but i see some really bad gift card pets, for example frost cat! idk how much it cost but it gives a 45 damage balance wand spell, how is that of any use at all to anyone?

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
seasnake wrote:
It costs players twice as much money to play this game with gift cards rather than credit cards, yet many players including myself would rather not have credit card debt to play an online game. Those who pay twice as much to play this game as any other find themselves penalized by never having global chat and by never being able to have as much credits as everyone else spending a fewer amount. This is pure greed on the part of Wizard101 as Wizard101 should be happy that players are spending money on the game and not on the amount they put into their pockets. Sure stores may take their percentage to sell such cards to people, but we are talking about digital goods that actually cost nothing for Wizard101 to make.

The only thing that Wizard101 does to offset the excessive cost to gift card buyers is to give them a new pet with each gift card purchase, unforetunaly these pets are somewhat weak and are largely never used as they aren't really playable or of a useful school to players at all.

It would be nice if those who buy gift cards had the same amount of credits and benifits as those who use credit cards as we feel kind of abused by the discrimination.

I have one dragon from a gift card that gave me dragonblade. That has to be the most useful card ever!

ellie

Explorer
May 22, 2009
OK, so do you want to know WHY some of things things are? Well here ya go, i'll make sure you understand everything about these gift cards there.

Those who pay twice as much to play this game as any other find themselves penalized by never having global chat

This is because the option of totally open chat (not free chat, open chat) requires that you are 18+, or that the credit card holder is 18+. This is because there are more things that you can say, altough there are still restrictions to keep wizard101 a friendly community :D but when you buy a gift card, there is no way of proving that you are over 18, so they don't allow you to have it. Really, its not greedy, its just keeping wizard101 a family friendly community.

This is pure greed on the part of Wizard101 as Wizard101 should be happy that players are spending money on the game and not on the amount they put into their pockets.

Alright, listen. If you are an online game, you're just another boat in the world of online gaming. A tiny dot on the mile ocean. Plus to have an economic issue while you are just coming up, its hard on the company. They're trying to get money back somehow, and giftcards are a very good price if you think aobut it. They're basically giving you a taste of the game, so that you will buy a membership through their site. If you only play with them though, they could be a bit of an issue, but it is all the same price, no matter if you play with gift card or membership. So, is that being greedy on their part, or yours?

The only thing that Wizard101 does to offset the excessive cost to gift card buyers is to give them a new pet with each gift card purchase, unforetunaly these pets are somewhat weak and are largely never used as they aren't really playable or of a useful school to players at all

Ok, i understand, ya and in fact i agree. There is really only one gift card with a usable pet, and that is the $20 best buy firezilla gift card. That card has helped my fire through hard times, and i will be using it until he gets his helephant pet, maybe even after that. It is just a great pet, and at a mere 4 pips, it really is the best pet on the market. But, the issue is, thats it. The rest of the gift card pets are not very good. I think maybe some more dragon blade dragons should be added, as well as pets that give a decent attack, that can at least be useful through krokotopia.

I hope i cleared things up for you about the gift card.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
they took off the mana health defense etc of them, which totally isnt fair, it should be put back, them at teen level, each bar oft the pet at 25pts and the base of the boost + the extra earned from the 25pts