Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best pet for a Death student?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 22, 2016
Hey Ya'll

I've been a researchin' and have found that a Wildwood Yeti and perhaps the Red Ghost are arguably the most suitable pets for a Death student, both being hybrids and all.

I was wondering how I could go about getting each of these pets and/or if there are any other pets that would be even better than these.

Morgrim Spiritwalker lvl 37

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
For talents, the most basic pet would be double resist and triple damage with a death pet that gives a death blade.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
frostednutella on Nov 8, 2016 wrote:
For talents, the most basic pet would be double resist and triple damage with a death pet that gives a death blade.
Or an Enchanted Armament pet that gives Sharpen Blades.

Defender
Nov 05, 2010
get some resist and damage, maybe critical on an avenging fossil pet, gives a death blade and feint I believe. Perfect

Survivor
Apr 09, 2014
seethe42 on Nov 8, 2016 wrote:
Big fan of Sharpen Blades here!

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
Decius Duelmaster on Nov 9, 2016 wrote:
Big fan of Sharpen Blades here!
That's some high praise, indeed.

I like that you can sharpen not only your own class blades, but also Spirit Blade, which you can train from Balance. That gives you 4 stacking blades in your deck, which makes Scarecrow really pack a punch.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
seethe42 on Nov 8, 2016 wrote:
It depends on what school that you are playing as sometimes. If you are a school that gets a blade at around level 40 then getting a pet with your school blade would be better.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
My Death wizard is under level 30. So far I just like to have a pet that can hit hard. I like to have a pet that has a card that is not of the same school as the wizard is. Then when they meet an enemy who is resistant to their school, they have a backup.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
SparkleTude on Nov 12, 2016 wrote:
My Death wizard is under level 30. So far I just like to have a pet that can hit hard. I like to have a pet that has a card that is not of the same school as the wizard is. Then when they meet an enemy who is resistant to their school, they have a backup.
You can always just use converts or if you like to call them prisms.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
frostednutella on Nov 11, 2016 wrote:
It depends on what school that you are playing as sometimes. If you are a school that gets a blade at around level 40 then getting a pet with your school blade would be better.
The thread is about Death School, they get a blade at level 7. The sharpen blades give Death +40 and +50 at very low level and +35 and +45 at level 25 vastly improving stacking over just one extra +40 pet blade.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
seethe42 on Nov 14, 2016 wrote:
The thread is about Death School, they get a blade at level 7. The sharpen blades give Death +40 and +50 at very low level and +35 and +45 at level 25 vastly improving stacking over just one extra +40 pet blade.
Actually, I new you were going to say that which is why I meant overall in case someone were to take that information for getting pets for other schools.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
frostednutella on Nov 14, 2016 wrote:
You can always just use converts or if you like to call them prisms.
Good tip. I do like prisms. I use them if I have them. Sometimes they don't come up. At my level I don't have a lot of space in my deck. So I tend to favor hits and heals.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
SparkleTude on Nov 21, 2016 wrote:
Good tip. I do like prisms. I use them if I have them. Sometimes they don't come up. At my level I don't have a lot of space in my deck. So I tend to favor hits and heals.
Try putting fewer cards in your deck. When I quest, I don't put in cards I won't use. For example, I shield very rarely so I won't put in a tower shield and if I do it will be only one or two.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2014
Hmm.. I'd suggest a pet with a good blade or resistance to other schools.