Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

2 or more 'may cast' talents in one pet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
if a pet has 2 or more 'may cast' talents, is the chance of each or one of the 'may cast' talent lowered? and can a pet do 2 or more auto casts consecutively (3 or more spells casted from one player in total in one round)?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Each may cast is a unique roll of the dice and any one of them may go off whenever a trigger happens in battle.

I have an owl that has may cast Fairy, Unicorn, and Tower Shield. All three of these talents are triggered by damage done to me or anyone else on my team. Also, the heals can be triggered by others' healing, including another pet, a mob, or someone on my team.

So, if my teammate gets hit, my owl may interrupt to cast a Unicorn on us both. If my teammate's pet casts a Sprite, my owl may also cast a Fairy on me. If an enemy hits me, my owl might cast a Tower Shield and then a Fairy. If an enemy hits someone on my team, my owl still might interrupt to put a Tower shield on me.

Because any healing can trigger a 'may cast heal,' I've had pets with 'may cast Spritely' trigger and cast that spell on me three times within the same turn. It's rare, but it does happen.

Alia Misthaven
Fiona Frostweaver (owner of an epic defender owl, Mr. Duncan)