Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why train a pet?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 26, 2008
Why train a pet if you know it's bound to get at least one fail talent? Then all the mega snacks, effort, time and devotion would be considered useless. Not to mention for gardeners who garden and use their crowns to buy those seeds like evil magma peas, and energy potions needed. And the most ridiculous thing is, you use pet energy for gardening? Seriously? That's just messed up and takes even more crowns and hard earned money. There should be a garden bottle that is the color green, and not using pet energy because pet energy should specifically go to derby and pet games. Also the 2000 points is a little ridiculous. 1500 is fine, and we're wasting so many snacks crowns and time. I have friends who are doing over 200 hatches just to get a spud. At least 20 hatches to get the talents all manifested in. Why does getting what we want to benefit the game have to be so difficult? Sorry I just needed to vent.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
GoodWill wrote:
Why train a pet if you know it's bound to get at least one fail talent? Then all the mega snacks, effort, time and devotion would be considered useless. Not to mention for gardeners who garden and use their crowns to buy those seeds like evil magma peas, and energy potions needed. And the most ridiculous thing is, you use pet energy for gardening? Seriously? That's just messed up and takes even more crowns and hard earned money. There should be a garden bottle that is the color green, and not using pet energy because pet energy should specifically go to derby and pet games. Also the 2000 points is a little ridiculous. 1500 is fine, and we're wasting so many snacks crowns and time. I have friends who are doing over 200 hatches just to get a spud. At least 20 hatches to get the talents all manifested in. Why does getting what we want to benefit the game have to be so difficult? Sorry I just needed to vent.

Like crafting, pets are now among the things that are now out of reach for me in the game. I don't plan on bothering with them any more. The ones who work on this to no end will just say you don't have to do it or it's super easy to Mega a pet, these are the ones these updates are for not us regular wizards of modest means.

I never planted for rewards and really don't care to, so making all these things relate to each other or depend on just makes it less appealing to me.

As things become more difficult to get or require crowns I have been finding it easier to just tune them out and focus the game just on questing my wizard since so far isn't going to cost me too much.

Mary

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
I actually hunt for snacks at Waterworks, its a fun dungeon and it takes less time than harvesting and cheaper than buying mega snack packs.