Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What I want in a pet

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
When the game first started with pet hatching, I was watching as it took on what some thought to be cloning and I sort of felt this way.
But in time I had to ask myself that question probably everyone has asked themself about pets. The question being... What do I really want in a pet?
What things would i be interested in about a pet. My conclusion on this was what i call the final answer probably for everyone. I will ask all Grandmasters this one question, Is there a pet out there that is Better than the one the school gave you ? Take Death, I have found no better pet for him than his wraith pet, WHY? Becauase it was made and designed for death. No pet can come up to the benefits the wraith offers. When you look at all the wizards, The school pet is the ultimate pet for us.
What I enjoy about the game is they let us keep the school pet but change it. Have you seen an Ice wraith? It is a change and I dont have one BUT it is my hope it benefits the wizard as much as the original school wraith. This change to Ice wraith is very good.
Life is the worst wizard in need of a change in its pet. The dancing man is driving me Bonkers, and looks like he needs medication. LOL But maybe the game will help in time to have same benefits but something different.
So what do I want in a pet? I want my school pets benefits, if you give me less I wont use it, if you just give me same or more benefits I will use it.
But I cant see placing about 98% of the pets out there with a Grandmaster, Because what he has is superior to all of them.
I write this not to down any pets, or players but to draw attention to the game what I look for in a pet. Match the school pets or go better, and i will use them. Going less in a pet is just not a Grandmasters way. Lower level wizards Yes, but Grands , we have the ultimate.