Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What do YOU do with consumable mounts?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 11, 2011
Consumable is used here to refer to the fact that your use of it means that it will be used up. In order for me to call them temporary, they'd have to have a shelf life.

One-day mounts - These commonly have a boost of 20% to your speed. I have seen 40% boost from a one-day mount but, in all fairness, I haven't looked at the speed of a dropped one-day mount in quite a long time because I usually just immediately trash them if I see that I got one in a battle.

Seven-day mounts - These are commonly full-speed mounts. I've only seen them at 40%. I've collected a few of the seasonal seven-day mounts for use at holiday times. Soon, I'll consume my Easter-themed and my Christmas-themed seven-day mounts one of these years if they cross my mind.

Fifteen-day mounts - I remember these from back when I used to do daily assignments. Long ago, I had several of the fifteen-day mounts. These were rewards from back when Member Benefits included double rewards for Gravulum Order daily assignments. I finally trashed them because I couldn't justify using them in lieu of my regular mounts since they were usually some of the most boring or clumsy-looking mounts.

I'd really like to know what you do with your consumable mounts. You're welcome to include what you'd like to do with your consumable mounts. I'd kind like to have a housing stables item that could be crafted but have a second option for those who prefer to just buy it. The housing item would serve to hold those mounts but also have them on display if anyone should choose to enter my stables. This thread is not intended to request such a storage option. I welcome your thoughts but the question is what do you do with those mounts under the current system.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Xepshunall on May 8, 2020 wrote:
Consumable is used here to refer to the fact that your use of it means that it will be used up. In order for me to call them temporary, they'd have to have a shelf life.

One-day mounts - These commonly have a boost of 20% to your speed. I have seen 40% boost from a one-day mount but, in all fairness, I haven't looked at the speed of a dropped one-day mount in quite a long time because I usually just immediately trash them if I see that I got one in a battle.

Seven-day mounts - These are commonly full-speed mounts. I've only seen them at 40%. I've collected a few of the seasonal seven-day mounts for use at holiday times. Soon, I'll consume my Easter-themed and my Christmas-themed seven-day mounts one of these years if they cross my mind.

Fifteen-day mounts - I remember these from back when I used to do daily assignments. Long ago, I had several of the fifteen-day mounts. These were rewards from back when Member Benefits included double rewards for Gravulum Order daily assignments. I finally trashed them because I couldn't justify using them in lieu of my regular mounts since they were usually some of the most boring or clumsy-looking mounts.

I'd really like to know what you do with your consumable mounts. You're welcome to include what you'd like to do with your consumable mounts. I'd kind like to have a housing stables item that could be crafted but have a second option for those who prefer to just buy it. The housing item would serve to hold those mounts but also have them on display if anyone should choose to enter my stables. This thread is not intended to request such a storage option. I welcome your thoughts but the question is what do you do with those mounts under the current system.
If I don't like the design or the way my wizard looks riding them; they end up trashed ( as you can't sell them or feed them to a pet ).
The ones I like, I use, whenever I'm tired of using my permanent mounts.
Since you can't place these mounts in your castle/dorms, then having a stable makes no sense. Although it would be great to have a stable for permanent mounts, instead of letting them wander through your castle grounds.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Unless the mount is extremely rare, I usually trash all temporary mounts I obtain.

But, I would like to see possibly an option or an avenue in which we could "donate" or trade these mounts to lower level/new players.

I'm sure they would appreciate this indefinitely.

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
Star Edward on May 9, 2020 wrote:
Unless the mount is extremely rare, I usually trash all temporary mounts I obtain.

But, I would like to see possibly an option or an avenue in which we could "donate" or trade these mounts to lower level/new players.

I think this is a fabulous idea.

I usually trash mine or I put them in the bank for later use, where they just take up space mostly since I have crowns mounts that I ride that are better mounts, generally.

I think the donation idea's a great one though.

Explorer
Nov 16, 2016
As I recall, in the last KI Live (or maybe the one before that), one of the developers said KI was looking into adding bonuses to consumable mounts. This would probably take the form of stat boosts, extra harvests from regeants and chests (similar to what some of the new adventure pet bonuses do), a speed boost, or other benefits.Personally, I think some kind of gardening benefit (extra bonuses at harvest or a reduction in the energy cost for tending a need, for example) or crafting bonus (chance of crafting two of the item, for example) would be nice. It sounded like this was a preliminary thought to make consumable mounts more attractive to use. I don't know if KI will ever implement it.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Star Edward on May 9, 2020 wrote:

I would love to trade/give away those rental mounts.

Survivor
May 11, 2011
Thank you all for sharing your thoughts. There used to be a time when we were able to have these pets at our houses. I'm sure there was an explanation but I never looked for it. I have a couple of consumable mounts that I keep the seasons that they were won in. They are impractical, as are their permanent counterparts, since I have mounts with 50% speed boost or multiple capacity. I'll use the consumables to show them off to friends and regret the expiration of the timer. Again, It was a pleasure to see your thoughts on these mounts. I'm thrilled that this topic was one that some found interesting enough.

Survivor
May 11, 2011
Xepshunall on Jun 17, 2020 wrote:
Thank you all for sharing your thoughts. There used to be a time when we were able to have these pets at our houses. I'm sure there was an explanation but I never looked for it. I have a couple of consumable mounts that I keep the seasons that they were won in. They are impractical, as are their permanent counterparts, since I have mounts with 50% speed boost or multiple capacity. I'll use the consumables to show them off to friends and regret the expiration of the timer. Again, It was a pleasure to see your thoughts on these mounts. I'm thrilled that this topic was one that some found interesting enough.
I meant mounts rather than pets. I looked for an option to edit and couldn't find it.