Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Using a Premium Pet with the Hatchmaking Kiosk

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 06, 2012
I'm currently looking to hatch a pet but don't have the gold yet. I noticed that in the kiosk I can hatch with a premium pet. I'm curious to know if anyone has done this before and what happens when you do?

Defender
Dec 27, 2014
Assuming by premium pet they mean a crowns pet, you would have to pay a certain amount of crowns if you don't already own one of those pets.

Survivor
Dec 06, 2012
I finally got the gold to hatch a gloomy eye pet with my "Damp Demon" crowns pet and I got a Gloomy Eye first try. I assume that since they are premium pets which can not be bred, you are always guaranteed to hatch the partner pet.

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
I know this is a bit late, but hatching with a crowns pet just means (as far as I know) a lower chance of getting the crowns pet. There is still a chance. Do correct me if I'm wrong.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I would say, generally, do not pay crowns to hatch with a "premium" pet in the kiosk unless you're willing to pay quite a lot and try many times. We typically get the "cheaper" pet back every time, so you'd be throwing crowns away. If you're going to try, use any crowns pet you already have to hatch with the premium one. That will increase your chances of getting the other premium pet, since your crowns pet might be more "expensive" than the premium one you want.

On the other hand, if you can find a fellow player who has the premium pet you want, it's a better bet to go into the hatchery and hatch with them or "borrow" their pet, rather than going through the kiosk and paying real money for only a "chance" at getting the other pet. Paying crowns for the kiosk is kind of a rip off if you ask me, since you can hatch with any crowns pet inside the hatchery for nothing but gold.

Hatch wisely and good luck!

Alia Mishaven