Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unicorn combo and beloved snacks

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 03, 2011
Ever wish your pet had the spell unicorn? The only two pets that can get it are nightmares and yuletide spirits. but lets make things a little, DIFFERENT!

So, try hatching with someone at the pet pavilion that has a nightmare or yuletide spirit that knows unicorn. (Mine does) and then train your new pet. it may know unicorn.

I also heard that teen pets have a greater chance of getting an epic spell (Like my yuletide spirit at teenage) so be sure you feed pets snacks they love.

The combo for a loved snack is based on the snack school, the pet school, and what a pet likes to eat.

For example, Efreet pet combo is(efreets fire+ efreets love of vegetables=javascript:emoticon('');

if any of you want to hatch with my yuletide spirit the answer is no!

Tyler firerider level 79 pyromancer

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Tatebolt wrote:
Ever wish your pet had the spell unicorn? The only two pets that can get it are nightmares and yuletide spirits. but lets make things a little, DIFFERENT!

So, try hatching with someone at the pet pavilion that has a nightmare or yuletide spirit that knows unicorn. (Mine does) and then train your new pet. it may know unicorn.

I also heard that teen pets have a greater chance of getting an epic spell (Like my yuletide spirit at teenage) so be sure you feed pets snacks they love.

The combo for a loved snack is based on the snack school, the pet school, and what a pet likes to eat.

For example, Efreet pet combo is(efreets fire+ efreets love of vegetables=javascript:emoticon('');

It doesn't matter what you feed your pet, or what games you play with it. All talents are predetermined and whether or not you get them is completely random~ like everything else in the game, it's a chance. Even if you hatch with someone whose pet has those talents, nothing is guaranteed.

Tatebolt wrote:
if any of you want to hatch with my yuletide spirit the answer is no!

Tyler firerider level 79 pyromancer

Well, that's rude. Fortunately for me, I'm happy with my pet, and don't want/need to hatch anything with you; hopefully, your entitled attitude will come back to bite you.

-El Veeb, the archmage of awesomeness
& Cookie, her ancient starfish (who has pip o'plenty, spritely, and spell-proof, and is more than happy to help other wizards try for a good pet).

Defender
May 19, 2012
If a pets talents are predetermined at birth then how does feeding it snacks it loves make a difference in which talent it manifests? I don't understand the reasoning behind feeding a pet snacks they like or love, with exception of the few extra experience points they gain from it.